[7/6/24] WWE Money in the Bank: Toronto - Premium Live Event (7pm ET Start)

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Hunter seems to want to keep these PLEs at no more than 5 matches which I think is perfect for a B-level show but with it being 'Money in the Bank' he could have added a match or two to the card and it would have been fine.

I don't think anyone aside from Nia is really heated up for Bayley so it would have been a pretty predictable defense.

Men's MITB seems to be between 97 Drew and Jey Uso and either would be fine but I wonder if Melo could sneak in

Women's MITB I think the best character to hold it is actually Chelsea

That tag title match last night was technically a PLE match in terms of quality in hindsight.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
I don't mind when they do that. They do it around WrestleMania sometimes where they'll have a midcard title match go about 15-20 minutes, if it ended up on WrestleMania it'd probably be half the length so :manny:

Yeah, I’ve noticed the pattern. The TV main event match that should have been on PLE gets highlighted before the PLE itself. Better like that tbh

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Yeah, I’ve noticed the pattern. The TV main event match that should have been on PLE gets highlighted before the PLE itself. Better like that tbh
It also gives Raw or SD something that week before the PLE rather than them being throw away episodes. At least that seems to be the intention.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
I wanna see Bron destroy Zayn and take that belt, but WWE gon tell him: nahhh the belt is too soon for you.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Hunter seems to want to keep these PLEs at no more than 5 matches which I think is perfect for a B-level show but with it being 'Money in the Bank' he could have added a match or two to the card and it would have been fine.

Outside of the Extravaganza Shows WM and SS. 5 is perfect. Less is more and gives everything time and the crowd to breathe and settle. Helps them cut out the filler and gives the ME the time it deserves.

It's no different from UFC Top Rank or Matchroom having a 4-5 fight main card.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Outside of the Extravaganza Shows WM and SS. 5 is perfect. Less is more and gives everything time and the crowd to breathe and settle. Helps them cut out the filler and gives the ME the time it deserves.

It's no different from UFC Top Rank or Matchroom having a 4-5 fight main card.

I don't disagree , the reason I said they could have MITB run longer is because they are billing it as one of their major PLEs. They put out a press release saying it's part of the "Big 5"

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I don't disagree , the reason I said they could have MITB run longer is because they are billing it as one of their major PLEs. They put out a press release saying it's part of the "Big 5"

Storyline wise its major because of the implications of the briefcase. But audience wise people are watching the Ladder Matches for the Spots and the ME. Everything else is filler as harsh as that may sound. IMO its no different to the HITC or Elimination Chamber.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Storyline wise its major because of the implications of the briefcase. But audience wise people are watching the Ladder Matches for the Spots and the ME. Everything else is filler as harsh as that may sound. IMO its no different to the HITC or Elimination Chamber.
Maybe in the past but this year nothing is filler.

WHC match speaks for itself
6-man tag will further the Bloodline and Cody story into SS
IC title match is pretty big since it's Bron's first Main Roster PLE match and for a title. Also Sami in Canada is always great.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think they've done a good job this year building to this event and the outcomes are mostly unpredictable. I could see Rollins winning, I could see Bron winning, I could see 97 Drew or Uce winning (maybe Melo), I could see Chelsea winning..

Those aren't my predictions I'm just saying there's possibilities.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Maybe in the past but this year nothing is filler.

WHC match speaks for itself
6-man tag will further the Bloodline and Cody story into SS
IC title match is pretty big since it's Bron's first Main Roster PLE match and for a title. Also Sami in Canada is always great.

I was talking more in general terms like with MITB HITC EC you know youre getting 2 gimmicks/spot fests and a ME/Title match without knowing what the card will be those are the standouts. Was more the point i was trying to make. Filler was the wrong word.