7/6/24 ESPN: Shakur Stevenson vs Artem Harutyunyan (WBC Lightweight Title) / O'Shaquie Foster vs Robson Conceição (WBC Super Featherweight Title)

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
1. You nikkas gone learn to stop using that "who fought who" as a litmus test on who's better.

2. I never said all Davis had was power. I said Stevenson is a far superior fighter in every aspect EXCEPT power.

1. You the one who said its easier to do that against fighters who are not as skilled :heh:

2. False

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Like I see why people think Shakur could beat Tank, but I don't at the same time. I have to overlook some serious deficiencies in Shakur's fight game to think he would just box Tank up... some GLARINGLY OBVIOUS DEFICENCIES.

Tank loses rounds to way worse boxers than shakue regularly

Either he cracks him and wins or he doesnt and loses imo

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
in order to beat Tank he gonna have to put his self in danger which he hasn’t shown he’s willing to do
This is exactly what I can't favor Shakur if it ever happens. We all saw how he fought against Dominican Ghost.........how do you think he's gonna fight with someone at the threat level as Tank who can match him in everything & especially IQ? He's literally gonna be terrified to open up all fight long. Shakur fights like a fighter that knows he can't take a shot which in reality might not be true but he sure as hell fights like that

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This is exactly what I can't favor Shakur if it ever happens. We all saw how he fought against Dominican Ghost.........how do you think he's gonna fight with someone at the threat level as Tank who can match him in everything & especially IQ? He's literally gonna be terrified to open up all fight long. Shakur fights like a fighter that knows he can't take a shot which in reality might not be true but he sure as hell fights like that
I think Shakur is tramatized from a sparring session lol

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Tank loses rounds to way worse boxers than shakue regularly

Either he cracks him and wins or he doesnt and loses imo
You know who this got said about Terence Crawford(I was one of them), it didn't matter when he fought Spence he still smashed my boy. Styles make fights.

I can see why people would be impressed and think Shakur would box Tank up he is good defensively, but as good as he is defensively I can't ignore the glaring deficiencies I see from him the other direction that also leads me to believe if he fights someone like Tank he would get beat up, badly at that.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
You know who this got said about Terence Crawford(I was one of them), it didn't matter when he fought Spence he still smashed my boy. Styles make fights.

I can see why people would be impressed and think Shakur would box Tank up he is good defensively, but as good as he is defensively I can't ignore the glaring deficiencies I see from him the other direction that also leads me to believe if he fights someone like Tank he would get beat up, badly at that.
I need this fight just for the stylistic clash

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I forgot who it was but someone pointed out that Tank being the A side he'll be able to get judges, ring size, ref and other concessions that might neutralize Shakur attributes. Shakur is good defensively, can get on his bike, and rarely punches in bunches so he might really be able to stall Tank out for 12 rounds but that won't matter as much if judges award Tank for aggression and pushing the pace of the fight and the ref doesn't allow Shakur to hold etc

Shakur needs to pull a tank and just delete everything he's said since the fight. Arguing with podcasters and internet personalities is a lose lose situation especially when the general public is already clowning you. Just fight. Artem was supposed to be the guy he looked good against and he DID look much better but it was still room for criticism and he fed into it like a dummy. Going forward just combine good match making with incremental improvements on the offensive end and ignore the outside noise