7/6/24 ESPN: Shakur Stevenson vs Artem Harutyunyan (WBC Lightweight Title) / O'Shaquie Foster vs Robson Conceição (WBC Super Featherweight Title)

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I forgot who it was but someone pointed out that Tank being the A side he'll be able to get judges, ring size, ref and other concessions that might neutralize Shakur attributes. Shakur is good defensively, can get on his bike, and rarely punches in bunches so he might really be able to stall Tank out for 12 rounds but that won't matter as much if judges award Tank for aggression and pushing the pace of the fight and the ref doesn't allow Shakur to hold etc

Shakur needs to pull a tank and just delete everything he's said since the fight. Arguing with podcasters and internet personalities is a lose lose situation especially when the general public is already clowning you. Just fight. Artem was supposed to be the guy he looked good against and he DID look much better but it was still room for criticism and he fed into it like a dummy. Going forward just combine good match making with incremental improvements on the offensive end and ignore the outside noise

He needs to fight Zepeda and make him look regular. That will give him a modicum of good will to be able to fight his fight with no jaded judging in a Tank fight cuz itd raise his profile and show he isnt just doing this against lower class opps.

Hes going to have mount some type of convincing offense to not get jobbed by the judges even if he doesnt get clipped against Tank. So as of today he would lose that fight if they fought imo. Not gonna be able to sweet science the a side ko artist without marking him up too

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
He needs to fight Zepeda and make him look regular. That will give him a modicum of good will to be able to fight his fight with no jaded judging in a Tank fight cuz itd raise his profile and show he isnt just doing this against lower class opps.

Hes going to have mount some type of convincing offense to not get jobbed by the judges even if he doesnt get clipped against Tank. So as of today he would lose that fight if they fought imo. Not gonna be able to sweet science the a side ko artist without marking him up too
If he can do that to zepeda thats a statement. That mf is relentless

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I forgot who it was but someone pointed out that Tank being the A side he'll be able to get judges, ring size, ref and other concessions that might neutralize Shakur attributes. Shakur is good defensively, can get on his bike, and rarely punches in bunches so he might really be able to stall Tank out for 12 rounds but that won't matter as much if judges award Tank for aggression and pushing the pace of the fight and the ref doesn't allow Shakur to hold etc

Shakur needs to pull a tank and just delete everything he's said since the fight. Arguing with podcasters and internet personalities is a lose lose situation especially when the general public is already clowning you. Just fight. Artem was supposed to be the guy he looked good against and he DID look much better but it was still room for criticism and he fed into it like a dummy. Going forward just combine good match making with incremental improvements on the offensive end and ignore the outside noise

I said before if Shakur pulls a DLS against Tank he is getting robbed just because it is bad for business lol. Shakur gotta do a Jamel Herring ass beating to win and that just isn't going to happen

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

And you know what….depending on who he signs with, I really think he should go with Hearn tbh, if he fights Zepeda next then he’s going to have ALLLL eyes on him. Zepeda is the best realistic fight he could make that could serve as a legit “coming out” party or a fight that sways people that he’s legit to those who doubting him

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
You know who this got said about Terence Crawford(I was one of them), it didn't matter when he fought Spence he still smashed my boy. Styles make fights.

I can see why people would be impressed and think Shakur would box Tank up he is good defensively, but as good as he is defensively I can't ignore the glaring deficiencies I see from him the other direction that also leads me to believe if he fights someone like Tank he would get beat up, badly at that.
I can honestly see Tank doing the whole Canelo strategy with Shakur

Beat the shyt out of his arms, shoulders and body to make him open up then BOOM

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)

This is exactly what I was thinking:salute: