7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Just waking up and still in disbelief. I expected a more competitive fight. One of the most lopsided matches I’ve seen between champs in recent memory.

Spence is my Texas guy, but Crawford showed there are levels in that ring. The skill disparity is gaping and glaring. Spence is great, but Crawford is generational. There’s nothing that Spence does better in the ring than Crawford and Crawford exposed that. I knew it was over in the 2nd. Hats off to Bud, much deserved win.

Idk what EJ does after this, but if his team loves him they shouldn’t allow him to get in the ring with Bud again. The scariest part is Bud didn’t have to even unzip his bag and go in it. He could’ve turned up and shifted into another gear. Damn hate to see EJ go out like that :mjcry:.
bro it was such a glaring dispairty

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
so you the only one I heard saying Spence may have been damaged from the 3rd accident enough to get the brakes and rotors beat off his ass. Spence said his leg was hurt. thats all I know. he was outclassed breh. live with it.
No, I'm telling you why I don't want a 3rd fight, I've seen enough to realize he's not the same. crawford deserves all the credit regardless of whatever spence brings he's 2x undisputed after a dominant performance that's true hall of fame shyt.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know crawford has nasty power but the way he reads and punches inbetween shots and exchanges is just ridiculous.
2HHOud.gif

And he ain't afraid to take some shots either
RdwfSnq.gif

the greats are ELITE counterpunchers. this is how Holyfield destroyed Mike. Mike was in damn good shape and not far from his prime. Evander counter punching pretty much shut him down. Bud and Floyd are great at this. JMM is one of the best ever too but the difference is JMM mainly looks to counter and is not as good as creating his own offense.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, I'm telling you why I don't want a 3rd fight, I've seen enough to realize he's not the same. crawford deserves all the credit regardless of whatever spence brings he's 2x undisputed after a dominant performance that's true hall of fame shyt.

ok, I dont want to put any excuses on Spence, but if I had to say anything greatly affected him this fight it was making 147, but its not easy for Bud either especially at 35. other than that, Spence is no different and will still kick mostly anyone's ass.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I think one of the few things that Spence did that surprised me was how blatantly he was over reaching while going low with his jabs..I'm thinking all Crawford has to do is give him a nudge and he would go down due to being off balance...and it caused the first KD

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
I think one of the few things that Spence did that surprised me was how blatantly he was over reaching while going low with his jabs..I'm thinking all Crawford has to do is give him a nudge and he would go down due to being off balance...and it caused the first KD
He does that all the time. I thought Derrick James would've caught that and corrected it but apparently not.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Yeah he was overextended or slow pretty much all night. The first KD like you said was more of a flash kd where he was damn near off his feet already.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What we saw was an all-time performance. Beat downs aren't supposed to happen like this at the elite level.

it actually is when either there is a true separation in class or someone is wildly overrated. they said there were only 4 other fights I think between undefeated fighters at 147 for undisputed. I saw two of them. SRL/Hearns and Curry/McCrory. in the latter it was a clear separation of class. ironically Bud reminds me a little bit of THAT Curry who was rated best P4P fighter at that time.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
the greats are ELITE counterpunchers. this is how Holyfield destroyed Mike. Mike was in damn good shape and not far from his prime. Evander counter punching pretty much shut him down. Bud and Floyd are great at this. JMM is one of the best ever too but the difference is JMM mainly looks to counter and is not as good as creating his own offense.
I tell em never to sleep on JMM. That was a bad man. :wow:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Old man Arum was trying to milk shyt and brought an end to his and juanma's career prematurely

Idk I think Juanma was following the often treaded PR fighter trajectory. Outstanding in the early to mid 20's and then start hitting the wall the late 20's for whatever reason.

I just remember he didn't look great vs Mtagwa and didn't seem quite the same fighter post that fight. What makes matters worse in some regards Mtagwa next fight Gamboa destroyed him in 2 rounds. Can argue Juanma softened him up. Even in the Marquez fight Juanma looked off and that was Marquez coming off the wars with Vazquez in 4 of his last 5 fights.