7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I gotta take my L. I had Spence on points yet by the end of the SECOND round, you could sense he was as in DEEEEEP trouble.

To make things worse, Spence gonna look funny in the light if he doesn’t run it back immediately too :mjpls:
Nah he should retire I don't think he has it anymore. Crawford timing was perfect this fight, I don't think this version of Spence can beat him. Even with adjustments.

dreskii

Pro
Daps
I’m in my car in the drive thru at Whataburger crying internally, bruhs. :wow:

I haven’t felt this way since Tarver knocked out Roy in the rematch. Roy is like my childhood idol with us both being from FL.

I used to work with the Puerto Rican dude when I was pretty young, and Cotto fought Pac-man. He was a big boxing fan. I swear, I have never seen a man more hurt after a boxing match than that dude. He was like in mourning for a month.

I hope this shyt doesn’t last a month. :wow:

hahah part of being a boxing fan bruh.

I remember my guy Pacquiao turned into a meme in realtime vs marquez. Got real quiet for me and my filipino homies at the bar :manny: gotta take the bad times with the good.

I had crawford winning but couldn't fathom this level of dominance over a quality guy like Spence. After watching Inoue this week i thought there was no way either Spence or Crawford would put in as impressive of a performance for that #1p4p spot but Crawford did just that.. he's p4p #1 in my books and this was an all-time level legendary performance considering the circumstances.

There's so many fights i'd like to see crawford take on but not sure he has enough years in his career (which is insane to say after what we just watched).

I'd love to see him go undisputed @ 154, if only Charlo still had all the belts that would be an easy fight to make nexty ear.

I'd love to see him fight boots I dont see boots camp moving up.

Crawford v Canelo is also interesting... hell even Crawford v Tim Tszyu would be watchable.

As for Errol.. man hate to say it but his stock does take a hit after that performance... Maybe fight boots to get his stock up but that's a super tough fight.. Maybe he could fight tim but if he loses that it's over.

Trying to end this post on a positive note.. after the Floyd/Pac era i really thought we were gonna have a drought of sorts of once in a lifetime fighters but god damn Crawford and Inoue blessed us this week...

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
And what did we say. It was gonna be the shots that Errol DOESN'T see that are gonna hurt him. That's what makes bud such a a dangerous puncher.

"He was catching me in between shots"- Errol Spence.

And this is exactly why I & @LauderdaleBoss said years ago Thurman would either KO him or give him MAJOR problems. Even currently I said the same & the Spence brigade & others brushed it off lol

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
First, I wanted Spence to win, but the last few weeks I switched over to Bud to beat him. I felt like Spence was just too robotic for him. Bud is like a cat. My friends were like you wilding etc etc and they all actually bought Spence shirts. I was the only one not betting on Spence. I felt he was hungrier too - less pampered - no big team, no Haymon, no showtime - even Bob didn’t care for him at TR. I felt like he had so much more to prove and really came up from the gutter. It felt like Spence would be okay with a loss and Bud couldn’t afford to and wouldn’t accept one.
I had Spence winning at first too but I always maintained that, if he didn't fix the flaws in his defense, Bud was gonna make light work of him. nikkas tried to tell me "Nah it's just his mouthpiece" "He thought his mouthpiece fell out" but that was never the only issue. And I said it a while ago, his footwork is fukking terrible. After watching a few videos leading up to the fight, I eventually said fukk it and made the switch over to Bud.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He is/was but errol looked terrible this fight probably worse he's ever looked timing wise. Punch resistance was damn near zero never seen him that bad on all aspects. That last layoff/accident may have closed him forever. I'd rather him retire than rematch.

there wasnt nothing wrong with Spence. this is revisionist history to say he was damaged goods after the accident when most people were picking him based on what he did to Ugas. he beat him, Porter and Swift after the accident. how when he get to Bud he trash all of a sudden?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And this is exactly why I & @LauderdaleBoss said years ago Thurman would either KO him or give him MAJOR problems. Even currently I said the same & the Spence brigade & others brushed it off lol

Years ago, we said Thurman, Swift, Porter were all on the same level...then you had the guys like Broner that were slightly below. there was a separation between them and Spence even if slightly. he was better than them. Thurman could give him problems but man he almost got washed early by way past prime Pac. Thurman a good fighter but he was never better than Spence.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
there wasnt nothing wrong with Spence. this is revisionist history to say he was damaged goods after the accident when most people were picking him based on what he did to Ugas.
Revisionist history is used for normal personal events, that's a terrible term to use here. After seeing this fight, and seeing how errol looked in November its perfectly okay to think about the impact of such injuries. Ugas fight was after his 2nd accident not his 3rd.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I know crawford has nasty power but the way he reads and punches inbetween shots and exchanges is just ridiculous.
2HHOud.gif

And he ain't afraid to take some shots either
RdwfSnq.gif

dreskii

Pro
Daps
Could someone explain to me why Crawford flamed Elie in the postfight? i'm guessing he's taking about Elie Seckbach the interviewer guy but i must've missed Ellie throwing Crawford shade??

Also - if anyone else could explain.. With Charlo going up to fight Canelo, I assume he has to vacate his 154 belts right? no chance we get to see a quick attempt at undisputed vs Charlo next year?

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Years ago, we said Thurman, Swift, Porter were all on the same level...then you had the guys like Broner that were slightly below. there was a separation between them and Spence even if slightly. he was better than them. Thurman could give him problems but man he almost got washed early by way past prime Pac. Thurman a good fighter but he was never better than Spence.
Styles make fights & it doesn't necessarily mean Thurman has to be better than him. The movement, punching power, & Thurman's ability to punch WITH Spence has ALWAYS been my reasoning why he could either beat or KO him. Especially a prime Thurman that fought Porter & Swift. I think Crawford & Thurman now would a good scrap & fun while it lasted

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Boots has not shown me he corrected the flaws he displayed from the Karen fight. He would get punished by Crawford...badly if that was a next fight
Exactly! Dude's need to pump the brakes before anointing him as next. He needs to fix his footwork issues & getting caught with overhand rights lol

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
there wasnt nothing wrong with Spence. this is revisionist history to say he was damaged goods after the accident when most people were picking him based on what he did to Ugas. he beat him, Porter and Swift after the accident. how when he get to Bud he trash all of a sudden?
yea i agree. fukk this layoff shyt. spence said it himself, no excuses

crawford simply that good

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
Just waking up and still in disbelief. I expected a more competitive fight. One of the most lopsided matches I’ve seen between champs in recent memory.

Spence is my Texas guy, but Crawford showed there are levels in that ring. The skill disparity is gaping and glaring. Spence is great, but Crawford is generational. There’s nothing that Spence does better in the ring than Crawford and Crawford exposed that. I knew it was over in the 2nd. Hats off to Bud, much deserved win.

Idk what EJ does after this, but if his team loves him they shouldn’t allow him to get in the ring with Bud again. The scariest part is Bud didn’t have to even unzip his bag and go in it. He could’ve turned up and shifted into another gear. Damn hate to see EJ go out like that :mjcry:.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Revisionist history is used for normal personal events, that's a terrible term to use here. After seeing this fight, and seeing how errol looked in November its perfectly okay to think about the impact of such injuries. Ugas fight was after his 2nd accident not his 3rd.

so you the only one I heard saying Spence may have been damaged from the 3rd accident enough to get the brakes and rotors beat off his ass. Spence said his leg was hurt. thats all I know. he was outclassed breh. live with it.