7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
ta6z1yu4z1fb1.png

:picard:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Crazy to think that a blown up 122 pounder in Gamboa gave him a tougher (and more exciting) fight than Spence did. He even stunned Crawford momentarily

Kinda
Fighters get better lol
Also Gamboa was ridiculously fast and was really awkward to fight even if his defense was ultra trash. Pretty much purely movement based with like no guard whatsoever so when he got hit, he got HIT.
His career was grossly mismanaged unfortunately

TheDarkCloud

Superstar
Daps
Too many excuses for Errol. He lost fair and square, had plenty of time to prepare for this.

Hate to say it, but I honestly dont see no more than 5 fights left in him.

He's 33 and already inactive fighting once a year. I look at it like this, Spence been fighting as a adolescent, went to the Olympics, won titles, and made 20 million tonight, what more else is there to do?

Most boxers don't accomplish this. I don't know what he does after this fight though.
Nobody is making excuses for Errol. He lost. Bud was just better. There’s no excuses.

But this type of post is what I find sad and what kills the sport. Dude takes an L and all of a sudden, you can predict his career trajectory? You think he’s about done? This type of attitude is exactly why dudes don’t wanna risk their 0’s and why the best fights are so hard to make. The fans end up being fickle as hell.

Errol is far from anywhere close to being done.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kinda
Fighters get better lol
Also Gamboa was ridiculously fast and was really awkward to fight even if his defense was ultra trash. Pretty much purely movement based with like no guard whatsoever so when he got hit, he got HIT.
His career was grossly mismanaged unfortunately
Gamboa gets too aggressive for his own good but makes for fun fights :laugh:

Yeah Crawford probably got a little more sharper but that's the only fight I can think of where Crawford was getting tagged and missing shots.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Crawford will beat Spence in my mind, thought that for awhile.
Bud lights up Spence btw
Feb '21

Spence is slower, can't fight at different distances, and doesn't think at the level of Crawford. Spence MO is just be a pylon and goto work bullying on the inside. I think people were underestimating just how versatile and smart Bud is. Once he finds your range and finds a counter that exploits that, it just opens up all of his offence. Of course everyone knows he can pour it on when he has the chance. Spence just couldn't evade or limit the counters on him, and Bud style really allows him to snowball if you can't adapt. Alot of credit to him at the age of 35, to still have good feet and conditioning to make his gameplan work and not gas out either. Wasn't sold on the KO so just took Crawford to win, still some nice payout though. Great fight to watch.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

he really got beat on that level…there was one point in the 2nd/3rd rd where spence was trying to get away and crawford end up punching him on his behind man…I haven’t seen a top fighter suffer such an embarrassingly punishing loss in a long time…and I don’t say that to disrespect spence…but to just simply say he got outboxed is too much of an understatement