7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I'll be honest with you guys..this fight doesn't feel as big to me now as it did a few years ago, shyt even last year. It feels like they both waited too long and now there are more questions marks than ever about whether each fighter is at their peak level. Both have shown over the last 2 years that they've slowed down some, though still elite. And honestly with this year being such a special year for boxing, this just feels like another great fight among other great fights, instead of THE fight of the generation. Maybe that's marketing. Last fight of the generation HBO was still around, and right now it's not.

Either way, it doesn't feel as big to me as it should be.
You aren’t tripping. I feel the same way and the YouTube numbers back it up. However, we got the fight and will support it but it’s not Tank/Ryan level. Ni66a said sold out quicker and failed to mention the ticket prices to properly compare.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
You aren’t tripping. I feel the same way and the YouTube numbers back it up. However, we got the fight and will support it but it’s not Tank/Ryan level. Ni66a said sold out quicker and failed to mention the ticket prices to properly compare.
I don't think it will do the same ppv numbers as Tank vs Garcia either. It just doesn't feel like a generational fight. We all know it is, but it definitely feels watered down.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
I don't think it will do the same ppv numbers as Tank vs Garcia either. It just doesn't feel like a generational fight. We all know it is, but it definitely feels watered down.
I don’t feel it’s watered down or anything. They’re just not as big as we believed they were. So, I guess the bigwigs like Bob Arum, PBC (Al Haymon), and Edward Hearn knew what they were talking about. I hope they make at least a 500k buys.

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Actually it doesn’t in contrast to Tank/Ryan. We got the fight, I’m happy and will buy it if I can get home in time. Doing a photography gig that evening. I am subscribed to most YouTube boxing channels and the view counts aren’t the same like for anything Tank/Ryan during the lead up and afterwards.

There seems to be no hispanic interest outside of hardcores. Shoot! Not one person in my family yet asked me about the fight. I believe interest will increase closer to fight night but Tank/Ryan was popping soon as the date and venue was announced.
shyt the ese's at my job all wanna see this fight bruh.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll be honest with you guys..this fight doesn't feel as big to me now as it did a few years ago, shyt even last year. It feels like they both waited too long and now there are more questions marks than ever about whether each fighter is at their peak level. Both have shown over the last 2 years that they've slowed down some, though still elite. And honestly with this year being such a special year for boxing, this just feels like another great fight among other great fights, instead of THE fight of the generation. Maybe that's marketing. Last fight of the generation HBO was still around, and right now it's not.

Its still big imo but you are somewhat right.

Bud waiting until hes 35 years old to finally fight a top fighter... plus Spence having that car crash made it lose a little luster.

Like Max said this fight came in just under the expiration date

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Bud waiting until hes 35 years old to finally fight a top fighter... plus Spence having that car crash made it lose a little luster.

I don’t believe any of those things you mentioned matter to most people in any way.

Honestly this fight would’ve had less hype years ago when they were “prime” - even though they were “better”, because it was a boxing fans fight not a casual, I mean no casual regular person have a shyt about this fight man.

Now y’all comparing to Ryan Tank but leaving out the fact that even though Ryan is trash compared to the top guys, he’s a social media SUPERSTAR, hangs with Jake Paul and is Hispanic.

The eyes he gets is equivalent to an Ice Spice type deal weee all the young ppl/white kids/YouTubers talk about him and follow his every move, so to fight Shaderoom trash talking Lil Baby hanging with Tank Davis, that fight is just a bigger world fight in the REAL world, but it means nothing.

I feel like dissing this fight is like dissing a real artist for not selling as much as Ice Spice and Lil Nas X, when we know why Nas X has all the records right now…expectations are diff and fanbasss are spread and cut from diff cloth

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
the tickets for this fight cost more than the Tank fight.
Show us. So it’s the 4th best gate in Vegas? If it’s true then I am happy for them. I’ve been an EJ fan for the longest. No one more deserving than him in my opinion.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Max also said Teo was 2 times undisputed and he’d rather have iggy shoot the ball than Curry :scust:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

You just made me realize how much more epic this fight would be on HBO :mjcry: .....imagine Bud and Spence's faces Poppin up after this opening. There was no feeling like it:wow: