[7/15 - 8-13]NJPW Presents: G1 Climax 33

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
finally catching up

First 4-5 minutes of Ren and Shota was sleeper status, you could tell they weren’t ready to make that kinda exchange compelling

They turned up the rest of the match tho :obama:

I think Shota is a little overrated, wanted Ren to get the win, but good finish

20 minute time limit is great also

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I think the most impressive young musketeer is Yota :whoo:

He’s a damn beast and he’s got that IT factor

That other k-pop looking dude he was fighting sucked. He’s from a different promotion, he should’ve been heeling it up and being more intense

I think Yota has more potential than the other two young lions

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Taichi winning, not even surprised :mjlol:

Eddie and shingo had great chemistry, nice hard hitting match, that was good

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yota Tsuji vs Ren Narita - G1 Climax 2023, Day 2 of Block A

Really good match. Liked the early portion of Yota playing mind games and Narita responding in kind, interesting cat and mouse dynamics. Also liked how Tsuji worked on top. Cool nearfalls and the time limit being so short adds to the sense of urgency of a match. Crowd fukking loves Yota.

Shota Umino vs SANADA - G1 Climax 2023 Day 2 of Block A

Good enough match but gawd damn Sanada sucks :scust: will never understand how he ended up having such a succesful career when he couldn't even be a more interesting performer than Manabu Soya when they were a tag team. Crowd wanted the upset but they kinda knew Shota didn't have a shot, Sanada doing fukk all to sell the possibility of him losing and just taking Umino's offense like the IWGP is a midcarder who suddenly wins out of nowhere just tells you how much of a mediocre wrestler the champ is.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
yota vs ren was good. Yota has been the clear crowd favorite in both his matches so far

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
This Sanada slander keeps me young. :blessed:

Yota is definitely the guy to watch going forward, the G1 has always been a great launching pad for guys like him. Now they need to capitalize on it with an angle going forward and see if he can maintain the momentum or if he's going to flame out.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Coughlin strong AF. Would like to see how he is in a few years. Still needs to find a personality.

Naito was looking telfon don status with the entrance gear. Really liked the colors. :banderas:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
So it's most likely Naito winning so he can have some get-back on Snorenada right?
To be honest I hope they don't extend Sanada's reign till WK. It's been 9 years since the IWGP title changed hands after the G-1 (and before the Tokyo Dome show) and Sanada is such a nothing champ that there's literally no reason to extend this reign till January.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I think the most impressive young musketeer is Yota :whoo:

He’s a damn beast and he’s got that IT factor

That other k-pop looking dude he was fighting sucked. He’s from a different promotion, he should’ve been heeling it up and being more intense

I think Yota has more potential than the other two young lions

He's dope as fukk breh

Just got a unique natural charisma like Nakamura and Naito but the crazy thing is it took them years to figure out their personalities. Yota came out the gate with main event swag

Plus his in ring style is a dope mix of powerhouse, hard hitting and agility. That football background gives him a unique quality.

I think Shota is talented but I don't really know who he is yet. His move set is weak too. He needs to figure that out.