7-11 Permanently closed!!! 2022 Brooklyn Nets Off Season Thread

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
Man Joe Tsai and Sean Marks need to get just as much heat as KD and Kai from Nets fans.

I saw somewhere that Sean record and postseason record was identical to Billy King's:hhh: Billy had more playoff wins too smh.

Tsai is frugal. Lowkey the only reason he's mad is cuz they loss so much money this year due to the Kyrie mandate situation. I don't think he gives a da.n what happened on the court.

Their egos ruined everything. Selfishness all around. Everyone is fighting for control but at the end of the day, they should sit down and focus on winning a chip.

We the fans are the ones that are getting hurt by this. We don't deserve that after all the shenanigans we've dealt with over the years.

TR7

Trust in Sean Marks
Daps
Reppin
The LI
Glad work has been so crazy for the past few weeks, a much needed distraction from this shyt

Joe Tsai and Sean Marks actively choosing to burn it all down and start again, knowing how mad the fans are and that no big free agent would ever sign here again, is about the dumbest thing I've seen in a minute.

And I get that dealing with Kai the past couple years has been difficult, probably more than we know. But he came out of Boston with baggage, and you chose to pay him then because it brought KD. And now KD signs back up last season, and you reward him by trying to run his friend out of town?

All this to prove they're in control, after raising ST prices on the majority of seats and claiming "winning is my religion". Now you're gonna make us watch Russ and Ben in a backcourt?

KD could bring a haul sure, but to even entertain this Kyrie deal is beyond insane. And having to send Joe or Seth too? All for 1 draft pick (at least that's what's leaked). If you really wanted to prove a point to Kyrie, I'd rather you just sent him home for a season over forcing us to watch Russ.

Feels like 2010 and 2014 all over again :mjcry:

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
If we get back Scottie Barnes and OG while keeping Simmons we are good. We still have a chance at TJ Warren and I’m guessing Marks has something else up his sleeve. Him trying to ship Joe Harris out is odd.

I think Scottie Barnes is going to be as good as Giannis. He’s only 20.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
In the book Freakonomics, there’s a thought process that white people would basically rather do something against their own best interest than to help a black person get ahead.

This is clearly a case of that, although Joe Tsai is white adjacent :yeshrug:

I don’t see this situation as being a case of that at all.

Tsai gave KD and Kyrie everything they asked for. In effect all they had to do “get ahead” was to honor their contracts, play together, and win a Chip. They didn’t honor ANY of that. Matter of fact Kyrie in his own way straight shytted on the Nets organization and expected to be rewarded with a long term contract so he could just go about doing whatever the fukk he wanted.

You can’t do that and expect good will from ANYONE. Hell if it were Michael Jordan Kyrie was disrespecting we’d be calling for his head for making a black owner look bad.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t see this situation as being a case of that at all.

Tsai gave KD and Kyrie everything they asked for. In effect all they had to do “get ahead” was to honor their contracts, play together, and win a Chip. They didn’t honor ANY of that. Matter of fact Kyrie in his own way straight shytted on the Nets organization and expected to be rewarded with a long term contract so he could just go about doing whatever the fukk he wanted.

You can’t do that and expect good will from ANYONE. Hell if it were Michael Jordan Kyrie was disrespecting we’d be calling for his head for making a black owner look bad.
I do understand ownership’s point of view and why they would want to be done with them, but business is supposed to take precedent over feelings.

Rolling out a team headlined by a zombie Ben Simmons that’s gonna “play hard” is not selling tickets or bringing interest. If he wants to pull the “it’s not about money” card then what about winning? That’s the objective of every team in the league. Actively trying to field a mediocre team (with no owned draft picks for the next several years) is cutting your nose to spite your face imo

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
Yea this dude Tsai is just trying to cut payroll. All this talk about culture and you're trying to ship out the one guy that's been with us since the beginning Joey.

He's Ratner status. From the Jersey days.

And Marks is a pushover if he caves and sends Kyrie to LA. He needs to be fired if he makes that trade and Tsai needs sell the team

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Yea this dude Tsai is just trying to cut payroll. All this talk about culture and you're trying to ship out the one guy that's been with us since the beginning Joey.

He's Ratner status. From the Jersey days.

And Marks is a pushover if he caves and sends Kyrie to LA. He needs to be fired if he makes that trade and Tsai needs sell the team

Yeah i think youre right..No reason to send them joey or curry.

shyt makes no sense. Hopefully its just media fluff :sadcam: