7-11 Permanently closed!!! 2022 Brooklyn Nets Off Season Thread

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Kyrie should reconsider long and hard that player option this summer if the nets get swept or lose 4-1 :mjlit:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kyrie should reconsider long and hard that player option this summer if the nets get swept or lose 4-1 :mjlit:

I sincerely hope he does…great player but he’s single-handedly fukked this season up for the franchise…he had a great game 1 in the series but now it seems like him fasting is gearing up to be an excuse if his performance goes downhill…there’s ALWAYS a reason with him and none of it pertains to basketball…that being said he’s not going anywhere…this is a perfect situation for him…he’s free to do what he wants within the organization as it relates to basketball or not…and more importantly he’s closer to home…so I don’t see him leaving to go ring-chasing elsewhere

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This shyt is embarrassing and indefensible. They gonna fry KD KAI and Nash and they deserve it. If Joe Tsai wonders why he’s spending luxury tax money for a 1st round exit there is no explanation. Dude could say fukk it rebuild. Don’t expect ring chasing vets to take any less to come to BKN after this. You think Blake LA and Dragic aren’t fukking pissed. Blake and LA aren’t even getting a look against Tice and Horford. Dragic the ONLY dude showing passion.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I sincerely hope he does…great player but he’s single-handedly fukked this season up for the franchise…he had a great game 1 in the series but now it seems like him fasting is gearing up to be an excuse if his performance goes downhill…there’s ALWAYS a reason with him and none of it pertains to basketball…that being said he’s not going anywhere…this is a perfect situation for him…he’s free to do what he wants within the organization as it relates to basketball or not…and more importantly he’s closer to home…so I don’t see him leaving to go ring-chasing elsewhere

Yall still mad that he took control over his own medical decisions. Get over it. They were in second place without him. When Bruce Brown flopped into Durant's knee, the season went south. That's before the Harden stuff which had been brewing since training camp.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You think Cavs fans are blaming Jarrett Allen for opting to let his finger heal naturally instead of getting surgery and putting screws in it? I know some of you live vicariously through your sports team, but you need to understand that you get one body. You do what's best for you. fukk the outside noise.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only thing I need Nash to do is play Dragic more than 20 mins. Everything else has been Durant’s fault.
Tatum shot 5-16 last night and only had i believe 2 points in the 4th in G1
Brown’s been pretty good shooting in spurts but hasn’t really had a crazy offensive showing.
But they’ve impacted the game on the defensive end. Horford so far has outplayed KD, no coaching can solve that

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

They said they don’t need a coach, this is the effect of not having a real coach. No innovation on offense with the 2 most deadly scorers in the NBA. Sean Marks needs to bring the experts. I think we should kick the tires on Mike Antoni. Terry Stotts is worth a look to, he rung out every last bit of juice from those Blazers teams. Hell, I wouldn’t even mind Steve Clifford at this point. Somebody who knows how to coach man. I hate watching Nash .

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only thing I need Nash to do is play Dragic more than 20 mins. Everything else has been Durant’s fault.
Tatum shot 5-16 last night and only had i believe 2 points in the 4th in G1
Brown’s been pretty good shooting in spurts but hasn’t really had a crazy offensive showing.
But they’ve impacted the game on the defensive end. Horford so far has outplayed KD, no coaching can solve that
The play calling is too basic, and he makes no/or bizarre adjustments. He’s leaning on his coaching staff a lot with schemes. I mean just listen to this maple Cac last night

No confidence at all. He’s clearly just their puppet.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@collateral.
Maybe, but if your stars aren’t beating anybody off the dribble and getting to the rim it’s gonna be tough to coach offense. And if they’re falling for basic pump fakes and not closing out shooters it’s tough on defense.

there’s one true point guard on the team and he comes off the bench. They had another one but he got run off because apparently they didn’t like his style of play. And the one they got in return hasn’t played any games for them yet.

these games have been winnable regardless if Durant isnt the worst player on the floor

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@collateral.
Maybe, but if your stars aren’t beating anybody off the dribble and getting to the rim it’s gonna be tough to coach offense. And if they’re falling for basic pump fakes and not closing out shooters it’s tough on defense.

there’s one true point guard on the team and he comes off the bench. They had another one but he got run off because apparently they didn’t like his style of play. And the one they got in return hasn’t played any games for them yet.

these games have been winnable regardless if Durant isnt the worst player on the floor
All of those goes back to day 0 in training camp. Discipline on defense and structure. Dragon was hot in the first half and barely played in the second half, why? He did that stupid shyt with BB not riding the hot hand too. KD can’t be handling the ball so much especially so high up at the key. They need to bring the ball to him at his spot and force the double team. That frees up Kyrie/BB/whoever. I’m splitting the g2 loss 60/40 Nash/KD. They gotta be better.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
@#1 pick what adjustments do you think the Nets should make? Wouldn't it make sense to at least try playing Aldridge at the 5 for spacing purposes? His mid-range threat could open things up for KD.

Aldridge
Simmons
KD
Seth
Kai

we need to see this lineup. Let Simmons facilitate everyone else just score.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
@#1 pick what adjustments do you think the Nets should make? Wouldn't it make sense to at least try playing Aldridge at the 5 for spacing purposes? His mid-range threat could open things up for KD.

Beyond last night, I don't know what more adjustments they can make. They forced Brown and Tatum into horrendous shooting games. Celtics stars didn't beat them. The secondary and tertiary players did. It simply comes down to Durant pulling his head out of his ass.