7-11 Permanently closed!!! 2022 Brooklyn Nets Off Season Thread

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
@#1 pick what adjustments do you think the Nets should make? Wouldn't it make sense to at least try playing Aldridge at the 5 for spacing purposes? His mid-range threat could open things up for KD.
They do not run an offense and so much of their success is without Kyrie because he cannot handle team defensive assignments.

Boston is a completely different team with Derrick White and that's something that was a weakness for them last year.

Honestly, Ben Simmons defense could be a key difference maker. You can play him and KD at the 4 and 5. Simmons can rebound as well as defend at an elite level. With him coming back from a back injury, I don't know how elite his stamina or defense will be but it's clear, Boston is simply a better team. Brooklyn has way too many defensive holes without a perimeter defender. KD can defend the perimeter but he also needs to protect the paint. Can't do both at once.

When Brooklyn is moving the rock, they are far more effective but I do believe chemistry might be an issue as well.

They need Simmons. They just aren't good enough otherwise. Like I've said a month ago, Boston is a legit contender. This is not a pretender anymore with obvious flaws to exploit.

Brooklyn is not a pretender but they aren't a contender. They are somewhat of a championship sleeper team. No one talks about this but I think they miss Joe Harris a lot as well. A lot of gravity was from him and he has the size that Seth Curry simply doesn't have.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like what? Brooklyn always had the challenge that they would have to survive the 1st round to truely have a shot.

What trade ? Who wants most of their pieces outside of possibly one of the big 3?

oh Ben would be the one getting traded. I think it’d be wise to consider moving him along for more depth on the wings. Or they can keep him but idk how they could be married to the idea of keeping him

lib123

All Star
Daps
oh Ben would be the one getting traded. I think it’d be wise to consider moving him along for more depth on the wings. Or they can keep him but idk how they could be married to the idea of keeping him

Why would they trade him? The Nets desperately need a point guard who can defend perimeter wings, facilitate and not take shots away from KD and Kyrie. Ben and the Nets are the best possible fit for each other.

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Why would they trade him? The Nets desperately need a point guard who can defend perimeter wings, facilitate and not take shots away from KD and Kyrie. Ben and the Nets are the best possible fit for each other.

Simmons ain’t the savior you think he will be, the Nets having spacing problems. Celtics wouldn’t even worry about Ben Simmons outside of the paint(foul his ass when he’s near the basket). Bad Back Ben Simmons wouldn’t solve your problems. Nets needed shooters. Duncan Robinson, Buddy Hield type would have made KD game a lot easier. Seth Curry is not consistent enough and he gets abused on the defensive end. Celtics will double KD, Let Smart handle Kyrie and Theis/Horford just float around the paint for no easy layups. Ya better win this series. Not a good look for the Atlanta Hawks having more playoff wins than the “Scary Hours” New Jersey Nets.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Simmons ain’t the savior you think he will be, the Nets having spacing problems. Celtics wouldn’t even worry about Ben Simmons outside of the paint(foul his ass when he’s near the basket). Bad Back Ben Simmons wouldn’t solve your problems. Nets needed shooters. Duncan Robinson, Buddy Hield type would have made KD game a lot easier. Seth Curry is not consistent enough and he gets abused on the defensive end. Celtics will double KD, Let Smart handle Kyrie and Theis/Horford just float around the paint for no easy layups. Ya better win this series. Not a good look for the Atlanta Hawks having more playoff wins than the “Scary Hours” New Jersey Nets.

Are you forgetting that the Nets have Joe Harris? Surrounding Simmons with Kyrie, KD, Curry and Joe Harris is more than enough shooting going forward.

lib123

All Star
Daps
They do not run an offense and so much of their success is without Kyrie because he cannot handle team defensive assignments.

Boston is a completely different team with Derrick White and that's something that was a weakness for them last year.

Honestly, Ben Simmons defense could be a key difference maker. You can play him and KD at the 4 and 5. Simmons can rebound as well as defend at an elite level. With him coming back from a back injury, I don't know how elite his stamina or defense will be but it's clear, Boston is simply a better team. Brooklyn has way too many defensive holes without a perimeter defender. KD can defend the perimeter but he also needs to protect the paint. Can't do both at once.

When Brooklyn is moving the rock, they are far more effective but I do believe chemistry might be an issue as well.

They need Simmons. They just aren't good enough otherwise. Like I've said a month ago, Boston is a legit contender. This is not a pretender anymore with obvious flaws to exploit.

Brooklyn is not a pretender but they aren't a contender. They are somewhat of a championship sleeper team. No one talks about this but I think they miss Joe Harris a lot as well. A lot of gravity was from him and he has the size that Seth Curry simply doesn't have.

Great points. So you don't think playing Aldridge would help at all?