682 years after his death, they tryna cancel Mansa Musa

Daps
Not to drift too far from your point OP, but I wish there were movies on all the great African empires. The only one that the media constantly shows or talks about is the Egyptian empire.
I agree. However, we (black/SSA people) need to take some responsibility for this. We have to make our own media.
It also doesn't help that many hoteps have a complete hard on for Ancient Egypt, yet can't describe any other pre-colonial African polity.

Gyasi85

Superstar
Daps
Mansa Musa was in rulership during the middle ages, in a time where the vast majority of slaves in the world were caucazoid. Maybe his female "slaves" were actually PAWGS...and he was selling and trading them like POGS
full

The word Slave derive from Slavic.....Them CaCs was the first slaves :myman:...Which is why they dun teach pre roman history in the Euro schools :sitdown:.....of Course he was selling Pawgs....:pachaha:

220px-Blacksnakemoan3.jpg

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm so sick of these black feminist and their fukking attempts at dividing black men and women in america

I wish they would just go get the white man they want so bad

And that's all it is

Talk down on the black man as much as possible so when they get Chad its looked at as fine

Just cut out the middle man and go get the white man you covet

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This fake woke shyt by this generation gonna end the world.

Same jokers talking about cancelling folks
...out here with blood diamonds on, using cell phones and computers with special minerals to that are used to build the electronics which black men, women and children are killed to mine. Putting oil in their car which is procured by killing men, women and children all around the world plus its after affects kills men, women and children all around the world. Watching corporate ran entertainment and stuffing money in their pockets yet these same corporations start coups in other countries (killing men, women and children) in order to gain resources from those same countries.

But these woke is me clowns sit they hoe asses behind a computer or cell phone and talk about how someone should be cancelled. All the while they bytch asses need to be cancelled for being a bytch ass hypocrite.

Last edited:

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
For those of you who are curious about how females were treated during Mansa Musa's reign.

https://fallifomore.firebaseapp.com/473260249776729.pdf

Now this sounds like Mali empire under Mansa Musa was totally unique compared to other Islamic kingdoms during that time. I mean women were ALLOWED to choose any partners? Women were ALLOWED to not wear veils/hijabs? Women were ALLOWED to travel without men? Women were ALLOWED to not be modest? Not only that but a Mandinka WOMEN founded one of the most prestige universities in Timbuktu!???

https://muslimheritage.com/article/university-sankore-timbuktu

How is this even possible? But according to the brothel known as shea butter twitter this wasn't the case instead women were oppressed by toxic Black male toxicity. lol.

Oh and btw did yall know Mansa Musa's Mali was partially pagan?

Ancient Africa for Kids: Empire of Ancient Mali

West Africa Before the Colonial Era: A History to 1850

This is what happens when people don't study history.

:wow:

You need to hop on Twitter and make a viral rebuttal thread to that chicks nonsense

generic-username

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
The resistance to Black Brits and Nigerians playing African Americans is rooted in the fact that they are not African Americans. African Americans absolutely could play Mandingos, because they are descended from the Mande people like the Mandinka/Manlinke/Mende. Apparently you must not know about:

MV5BNTg1Yjk5OGQtMDI1Yy00NjFiLTkwZjctNTMwM2ExNDg4NDhjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

However, I am in favor of a Mandinka/Malinke playing Mandinka people, because I would like to hear them speaking the language. I would rather hear their language translated into English then hear it firsthand in English.
AA
The resistance to Black Brits and Nigerians playing African Americans is rooted in the fact that they are not African Americans. African Americans absolutely could play Mandingos, because they are descended from the Mande people like the Mandinka/Manlinke/Mende. Apparently you must not know about:

MV5BNTg1Yjk5OGQtMDI1Yy00NjFiLTkwZjctNTMwM2ExNDg4NDhjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

However, I am in favor of a Mandinka/Malinke playing Mandinka people, because I would like to hear them speaking the language. I would rather hear their language translated into English then hear it firsthand in English.
African Americans also have English, French ancestry should be allowed to play King George or Napoleon in a movie?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:wow:

You need to hop on Twitter and make a viral rebuttal thread to that chicks nonsense

I'm banned from twitter lol
:laff:
You'll get banned with the quickness if you with the shyts on Twitter.

I got blocked by someone on Twitter simply because I mentioned something about their source being incorrect in response to this cac claiming that she and her people(Coptics) are the true Ancient Egyptian descendants.

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
Here’s your post.

Nowhere near as bad and slavery should never be in the same sentence :gucci:

Chattel Slavery = Nazi Genocide type event
Regular Slavery = Still owning people

It was still slavery bruh :gucci:

Women, kids and men worked to the bone, used for their bodies, died in servitude, etc. It’s just weird to have millions of people who died in chains and say it’s not as bad. It WAS bad. If you lost a war, your mom, wife and daughter would’ve got raped and killed bro. The only difference is chattel slavery was pure evil in that they tried to commit genocide and exterminate an entire group of people based solely on race. One was one shade below genocide but the other was still horrible too.

Breh do you realize tribal warfare/ taking of prisoners and enslaving conquered peoples was the NORM for most of human history. Its ONLY in MODERN times post 1700 that this concept is seen as barbaric. Yes its demonic but back in the day it was an everyday reality. ALL cultures enslaved conquered people, yes Chattel slavery is its most demonic form. Not excusing anyone but we cant retroactively cancel people because of actions that were considered normal back in the day. The human race has advanced and is more civilized now.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The majority of his wealth came from humans demand for salt. They found it could preserve food and it skyrocketed like microsoft did to the world. Everyone uses salt today.

He had indentured servants not plantation slaves.
You're right about the first part.
He certainly had slaves, not indentured servants, but also not chattel slaves.

I think the difference in human rights concepts is vitally important.

I have no pride in Mansa Musa because while I found his empire to be incredibly interesting and far more research from (Black) scholars needs to be done on it, neither he, nor anything he's done has had any impact on my life or the material conditions of present-day AAs.