6% Of Black Americans Make $100K or More

Braman

Superstar
Daps
That can’t be true man :russ:

Then id imagine it’s probably split among men and women based on the recent college stats. So 6 figure breh is literally in the 97th percentile we literally are the prize :bryan:

I need to leave the dmv. Out here im just another ngga. Anywhere else I’d be a gaaawd

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I make 100k+ in LA.
That's a lot of money especially if you aren't afraid to live in certain areas.

Stay low key.
Do you.
And saving $20k+,$30k+ or more a year is very feasible.

This idea that someone is "in poverty" making six figures in Cali is bunk and only applies
to people trying to live in high rise apartments with people who have generational wealth.
$3k+ for an apartment is not necessary.
A mercedes wih a $500+ car note is not necessary.
Fancy:
Purses.
Pants.
Shoes.
Glasses etc.
Are NOT necessary.

If I lived like a stereotypical $100k+ person, I wouldn't have been able to purchase
my rental property. (That ran me $42k)
All of which was money I saved up leading UP to the six-figure income.
Now I'm just working on property 2, 3, 4 etc.
And I'm doing it while living in a place where people like to claim six figures puts you under the poverty line (a ridiculous exaggeration).
EXACTLY! 100k is not 500k. Ppl think 100k means you’ve hit the jackpot. 100k means you should be comfortable and able to handle emergencies comfortably. 100k is not upper middle class at all.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say if you're single and make over $100k/yr you're comfortably on the higher end of middle class.
When maxing retirement accounts, buying property etc. are things that don't squeeze you, you're in a good position.
I'm not totally there myself because I have some things to pay off but once that is done I'm effectively a approaching an upper middle
class person.
At that point, I don't have to choose between my future and now because I get to enjoy both.
:yeshrug:

Though I truly feel upper middle class, "elite" starts around $180k- $200k (for reference, the woman I'm currently speaking to
is in this range and is only in her first year as an attorney 1 at a nice law firm, if she stays and promotes up, she will comfortably
surpass my lifetime earnings unless I somehow luck up into a Vice President position in my current field).

If we date seriously and combine our incomes, we'll be an upper middle class/wealthy black family and she'll be the breadwinner :pachaha:
something I'm fine with tbh.
I like these wealth conversations because :yeshrug:

Just reminds me of where I'm at and what I need to do to get to the next stage.

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I kinda find this hard to believe. I make 6 figures in cyber security, but I'm not in Silicon Valley. I live in a majority Black town and the average income is over $80k.

It's so many brehs and brehettes around Mo City, Pearland, Sugar Land area that's holding.

I could be wrong though
:hubie:

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I can damn near guarantee a large percentage of that percentage is from either a east coast large city or a west coast large city.

Salaries tend to reflect the cost of living in areas,with of course their being outliers.

100k in nyc ain't shyt.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
It’s really bout how you live. I took a pay cut to work for the state but now I’m walking distance from work and I literally spend no money day to day. Put just over 1000 miles on my car this year. I make less but my money stretching way longer and I can take my fiancé on nice vacations now.
You're doing it the right way!! Congratulations on the engagement breh!!!