6% Of Black Americans Make $100K or More

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
$100,000 is not a lot of money. Technically it's middle class, and it's definitely not upper middle class. Depending on where you live in the country and how many people you have in your household, $100,000 is small money. Check to Check money. And most states have shytty unemployment benefits, so if you lose your job, you're fukked.

Then you have debts like mortgage, car note, insurance, and credit cards.

A person making 100k is running the same race as someone making 40k. The only difference is one pays more money for the shyt that does the same thing.
Definitely a different ballpark. You make too much for government assistance but you're still too poor for tax breaks. So you're just paying outta pocket for everything...I've come to terms with it. But just walking out of the house you're spending bread smh.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I make 100k+ in LA.
That's a lot of money especially if you aren't afraid to live in certain areas.

Stay low key.
Do you.
And saving $20k+,$30k+ or more a year is very feasible.

This idea that someone is "in poverty" making six figures in Cali is bunk and only applies
to people trying to live in high rise apartments with people who have generational wealth.
$3k+ for an apartment is not necessary.
A mercedes wih a $500+ car note is not necessary.
Fancy:
Purses.
Pants.
Shoes.
Glasses etc.
Are NOT necessary.

If I lived like a stereotypical $100k+ person, I wouldn't have been able to purchase
my rental property. (That ran me $42k)
All of which was money I saved up leading UP to the six-figure income.
Now I'm just working on property 2, 3, 4 etc.
And I'm doing it while living in a place where people like to claim six figures puts you under the poverty line (a ridiculous exaggeration).

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps

Bless the person who made that page because a lot of folks want to play games on social media like the whole country doesn’t see the condition of our community.

Our median salary isn’t that of Whites or Asians, our average home value isn’t either, so folks acting like 100k is nothing need to stop faking for social media.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I know people here in NY that claim that they making less than $50k and somehow making it :picard:

Haven't made that low since 2010, and I dunno how they survive.
Rent ceilings, living with family, no car, community. Its possible but its not ideal nor sustainable

New Yorkers get it out the mud and make it work. Shout out to the fam

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The never compare Black Americans with the people in the countries they fled from where they are the majority.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’m sure that stat holds true for the majority of all Americans.

Ignoring the rest of the world and pretending black people are unique in their existence is a primary pillar of white supremacy.

In reality, wealth inequality is absolutely crazy in America and something that should be addressed across the board.

But they can just throw a stat like this out here to blame black folks for existing in this broken economy, while ignoring the root of the problem and the solution, because obviously it’s black peoples fault this country is fukked, not the people who fukked it :stopitslime:

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
Damn should I feel privileged?:wow:

But seriously after making 100k yearly it really isn't all that much. Its just enoughto splurge a little from time to time.

Also I don't see how people w kids are making it out here with less than 70k.
It’s really bout how you live. I took a pay cut to work for the state but now I’m walking distance from work and I literally spend no money day to day. Put just over 1000 miles on my car this year. I make less but my money stretching way longer and I can take my fiancé on nice vacations now.