King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
$60/70/80/90 is good money

Black people problem

We think u need to be living in a $500,000 home,, two $75,000 vehicles in the driveway, a boat docked by the bay and every piece of clothing should be italian brand and the ability to vacation every month with no problem,

Why?? Because Tyler Perry movies, love and hip hop, rappers tell us that what we should be doing

We really need to wake up to reality

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
$100,000 is not a lot of money. Technically it's middle class, and it's definitely not upper middle class. Depending on where you live in the country and how many people you have in your household, $100,000 is small money. Check to Check money. And most states have shytty unemployment benefits, so if you lose your job, you're fukked.

Then you have debts like mortgage, car note, insurance, and credit cards.

A person making 100k is running the same race as someone making 40k. The only difference is one pays more money for the shyt that does the same thing.

People gotta stop making definitive statements like this. 100k is well over the average income in the US and would make you quite comfortable in much of the country. Especially the south and Midwest. 100k in Tennessee is going to be quite different than 100k in California.

I just hope people look at this and realize how much BS is on twitter. You'd think 40% of black people are making six figures if you based it off Twitter nonsense. In reality most people out here are normal folks, whether they're comfortable or struggling.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
$60/70/80/90 is good money

Black people problem

We think u need to be living in a $500,000 home,, two $75,000 vehicles in the driveway, a boat docked by the bay and every piece of clothing should be italian brand and the ability to vacation every month with no problem,

Why?? Because Tyler Perry movies, love and hip hop, rappers tell us that what we should be doing

We really need to wake up to reality

I blame Cash Money back in 1999 for what they did to the young black folks. They believe that they gotta be stunting on IG and live like Birdman.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Rent ceilings, living with family, no car, community. Its possible but its not ideal nor sustainable

New Yorkers get it out the mud and make it work. Shout out to the fam

McDonalds workers make $20 an hour now.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
People gotta stop making definitive statements like this. 100k is well over the average income in the US and would make you quite comfortable in much of the country. Especially the south and Midwest. 100k in Tennessee is going to be quite different than 100k in California.

I just hope people look at this and realize how much BS is on twitter. You'd think 40% of black people are making six figures if you based it off Twitter nonsense. In reality most people out here are normal folks, whether they're comfortable or struggling.

"comfortable" is subjective and varies from person to person. A homeless person can be comfortable. Someone making minimum wage can be comfortable.

In a society that's consumer driven, a lot of people are quick to give their money away as soon as they make it. A lot of people that make 100k and up carry massive amounts of debt in the form of credit cards, mortgages, car notes etc. When I was making $13 an hour I was more content because they couldn't afford shyt. I was happen driving an old as car that got me from point a to b. When I was making 60k a year, I lived the frugal life until my car kept breaking down, and I realized I made enough to finance something. At 80k a year I only wanted to drive new shyt so I started leasing. Then you start to upgrade material shyt that you never cared about before.

To say that 100k a year will change everyone's life and shyt will automatically be sweet is misleading.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
100k ain't what it used to be.

If you ain't making at least 200k... :francis:

Jokes aside, most software engineering/application engineering/ even support engineering jobs start in 6 figures. I want our people to dominate this field.

The cacs I see getting these jobs dont.know shyt

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't even make it to $100k until I was four years into my career.
shyt.
$60k CHANGED MY LIFE.
I went from riding public transportation to having a fukking CAR and INSURANCE.
$80k CHANGED MY LIFE.
I've been able to save $20k+ a year five years now.
Going on trips. Nice restaurants. DATING. These things are considerably easier now.
$100k CHANGED MY LIFE.
Once I got here I could:
Pay down my student debt, still save money AND still enjoy my life.
I don't really stress about bills like other people do.
And I still have A LOT of room for growth in my current career if I stay.
I'm not even a Senior Engineer :pachaha:
I'm now at the point that my little busines is growing and make $18k+ a year (~$1500/month) in rents WITHOUT working.
This would've literally been impossible without my career and the $100k salary.
And when I get to ~6 houses.
That's my current salary in rents (not after expenses of course), that's amazing no matter how you slice it.
Thats $200k/yr ON PAPER WITHOUT becoming a J.D. or M.D.

So yeah, for most people, I'd argue that the vast majority of Americans, will have their entire life shifted coming into an additional $20k, $30k, $40k, $60k etc.

Last edited:

Nokids

Promise if I have a seed imma guide him right
Daps
Reppin
I literally said depending on where you live and how many people are in the household :mjlol:

If you’re single making 100k in the tri-state area, you’re gonna want to live in a Nice place. So in NJ 100k is $1400 a week after taxes. A nice apartment is $1900 - $3000 a month.

At the end of the day it comes down to how well you budget your money. I know people that will simply blow it on bullshyt.
shyt fam I’m down south paying 1800( pool gym , bad bytches in bikinis :whew:) and still got bread left over to party & bull shyt so you ain’t wrong but 100k is still nice. shyt a nikka went from making 400 a week in 2020 to this shyt my god

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Even with the avg black income being ~50kish, only 6% of us making over 6 figures seems low considering how we dominate sports and entertainment
Even if my lil bubble the amount of educated blacks I know in business like consultants and middle managers would have me thinking it's more than only 6%
Also does this include people who might be hiding income due to taxes ie: barbers, real estate contractors, girls who do hair or sell weave, day care owners

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
100k ain't what it used to be.

If you ain't making at least 200k... :francis:

Jokes aside, most software engineering/application engineering/ even support engineering jobs start in 6 figures. I want our people to dominate this field.

The cacs I see getting these jobs dont.know shyt

After all those layoffs and lack of UNIONS, people are rightfully scared of that unstable field of tech.

No real prosperity as a 1st world country without UNIONS. Something that you hate.