6-Month-Old Shot Multiple Times In Chicago: Baby, Her Father Wounded In South Side

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
"I probably would never name my child anything outlandish." My only point was that things shouldnt be this way. My passion is in civil rights I hate when black people roll over and submit. I wasn't suggesting I would name my child something like that, I just dont like the mentality of black people thinking everything white is the right way to do things.

thats cool but i think its safe to say that 90% of those pseudo ethnic names have no meaning...

/thread

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
my dude life aint fair.
Some people get born in Syria and get a bomb dropped on them when they're 1 month old.
Ray J gets to fukk bad bytches cuz he's Brandy's brother
Shaq is super human size and basically became a millionaire because of it.

You're an American whether you like it or not...some things are considered normal and some arent.
People have the right to name their little boy Amy...but what kind of since would that make knowing his life would be a joke with that name?

My point im trying to convey is that all black created names shouldnt be looked at as a joke. An asian named Yao Ming wouldnt wouldn't be called ghetto just because their name is different. I never said life was fair but I see the world from a deeper perspective than most people. I want to change the world not just live in it. Again, I wouldnt name my child HersheyKisses but im not gonna judge someone for having a name that sounds "too black".

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
thats cool but i think its safe to say that 90% of those pseudo ethnic names have no meaning...

/thread

No meaning to you might have a meaning to someone else. Tolerance is all I want to bring to the world. It may seem like an unrealistic feat but everyone that has made a difference in this world fought against societal norms.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
My point im trying to convey is that all black created names shouldnt be looked at as a joke. An asian named Yao Ming wouldnt wouldn't be called ghetto just because their name is different. I never said life was fair but I see the world from a deeper perspective than most people. I want to change the world not just live in it. Again, I wouldnt name my child HersheyKisses but im not gonna judge someone for having a name that sounds "too black".
Chinese in China have American names when they deal w/ Americans in Business....and most Asians name their kids western names when they move here.
We are the only people trying to hold on to some fake revolutionary shyt.

and you dont think people from other cultures who have ethnic names dont get that treatment from Americans (including black folk)? haha...everybody gets treated for not being in line.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
No meaning to you might have a meaning to someone else. Tolerance is all I want to bring to the world. It may seem like an unrealistic feat but everyone that has made a difference in this world fought against societal norms.
of course tolerance should be the way...but people arent like that.
Look at this forum when the subject of gay people come up.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Chinese in China have American names when they deal w/ Americans in Business....and most Asians name their kids western names when they move here.
We are the only people trying to hold on to some fake revolutionary shyt.

and you dont think people from other cultures who have ethnic names dont get that treatment from Americans (including black folk)? haha...everybody gets treated for not being in line.

Bruh, there are all kind of Indians and Middle Eastern cats making $80,000 and up in this country with their ethnic names. My name is Donald, my name doesn't hold me back my overall point in this thread is that im not going to think any less of my people for having a name like Johnylah. Look at any HBCU and you will find graduates with names you guys would consider "ghetto", so when I see yall laughing and making a mockery of them it strikes a nerve because for all I know they have accomplished more in life than yall yet because their names arent white yall laugh at them.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
bruh nobody is laughing at anyone, and nobody is saying you cant have a successful life w/ a funny style name.
Its just that the majority of these black names dont mean anything, and why would you do that if it adds extra nonsense to your kids life?

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
...The parent knows those names can potentially fukk up job opportunities,
why even put your seed at a disadvantage?...

The parents == teen moms who made something up to be unique. Assuming the kid graduates from HS and wants to be taken seriously, she can legally change the first name at age 18.

on topic:
Jonylah was being held and kissed by her doting father when the shooter opened fire on both of them. :'(

--> aq out <--

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
bruh nobody is laughing at anyone, and nobody is saying you cant have a successful life w/ a funny style name.
Its just that the majority of these black names dont mean anything, and why would you do that if it adds extra nonsense to your kids life?

:mindblown: most of the names that you think is ghetto and stupid are African orientated. You sound like a CAC would get mad cause they can't say the name and label it as ghetto. nikka learn your culture

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
my dude life aint fair.
Some people get born in Syria and get a bomb dropped on them when they're 1 month old.
Ray J gets to fukk bad bytches cuz he's Brandy's brother
Shaq is super human size and basically became a millionaire because of it.

You're an American whether you like it or not...some things are considered normal and some arent.
People have the right to name their little boy Amy...but what kind of since would that make knowing his life would be a joke with that name?

QFT whether you like it or not.

Prado210

She's into malaka's, dino.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you still in chicago and you're under 30. shame on you and your parents.

MOVE.

Depends on circumstances. Sometime's it's not that easy. Especially for people who struggle financially.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Chicago is not a bad city. Of course it has its shytty areas but its as good as any other large urban city. This city is beautiful if you get out the hood.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
if you still in chicago and you're under 30. shame on you and your parents.

MOVE.
WTF are you talking about?
Chicago is a nice ass city...the thing I dont like about it is that there arent any other cities within driving range to check out (Like Northern Cali or the North East Coast).

Dont let the news fool you...its only certain areas that are bad.
I even live within 2 blocks of two high schools...those kids dont bother anyone.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WTF are you talking about?
Chicago is a nice ass city...the thing I dont like about it is that there arent any other cities within driving range to check out (Like Northern Cali or the North East Coast).

Dont let the news fool you...its only certain areas that are bad.
I even live within 2 blocks of two high schools...those kids dont bother anyone.

if you live in the "get shot" areas. MOVE. thats what i'm saying. when it gets this bad. you have to get your kids up outta there. if you're full grown and on your own. LEAVE. there's no one or anything stopping you. you might even be able to comeback in a few years once the youngins stop wilding out. but right now then are on a death wish and they taking you with em.

and please do not reply anyone talking that "i bust my guns." nonsense. unless you walking around with a bullet proof 2 pac vest on with a bullet proof helmet and leg pads. it wont matter what you do with your gun. cause you walking your dog in the morning will end up shot while not seeing it coming. some fool driving by. blat blat blat