6 Certs, 6 Series, 6 Pack, 6 Women. What's Really...

What's Stopping You?

• I'm too lazy.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I don't believe in myself.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • The man is holding black people back.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • nikka, shut your dumbass up.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I'm already there, and I'm still working.

Votes: 21 27.6%

• Total voters

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
1st Question, How snowden get in without an education?

2nd Question, How I become a coder without a college education?
1) He demonstrated the value he could provide on a resume and in his interview

2) There are tons and tons of free courses online, and even better paid ones. From there it's just practice practice practice

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
bpg1.gif

He asks good questions like hard tests but lets not get to the mountain so we can dap the devil friends.

The motivations of a man that a wants to be financially well off are often riddled with demonic filth

FSP

Banned
Daps
1st Question, How snowden get in without an education?

2nd Question, How I become a coder without a college education?
Ok, most importantly, Snowden had to know people in important positions that knew he was an effective hacker/coder/etc (which can be learned in solitude). That is the most important part about getting into the Tech industry without credential. You have to have connections to the industry(you shouldn't be surprised). Once you are in, you can basically learn whatever you need on the job. So in a sense, he does have an education, just not in the traditional school/classes/homework/degree sense. Secondly, he fits the profile of the prototypical computer geek (cac, homebody, high aptitude, passion for hacking/coding/networking, etc)

WIth those qualities you can work your way into companies with merit like Dell surprisingly quickly(my boy graduated last year with a degree in English and works for IBM making six figures at 25 now) , then the CIA(which again, he probably knew someone that worked there, or knew someone that knew someone etc..), then eventually the NSA.

FSP

Banned
Daps
but is it boring to learn coding? :sadcam: I cant take any more boring courses

It depends on your personality.

Honestly, coding itself can get really dry at times. You have to comb through a lot of technical documentation ALL THE TIME, keep up with the newest technologies since it changes daily, and the learning curve is exactly like learning a 2nd language.

Once you get over the beginner hurdles you can start to flex your creative muscle, then it becomes something like legos. You start building shyt with real value and that's when it gets less boring.

It's really only fun when you are
A) getting paid a lot of money
B) Doing your own shyt that you like
C) Watching people appreciate your work

So in a way it can be thought of as art

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I have a bachelor degree

Can I get some certs to seek new gigs :lupe:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I see what you're going for, but these guys all probably have above-average natural capabilities with computers, especially Snowden, since the CIA/NSA doesn't just accept any come-around. Also, even though he didn't follow the traditional college track, he still did go to community college and took online courses, workshops, etc.; there are probably few people who would doubt Snowden's ability to blow through a college program. The Robert Reffkin cat graduated from Columbia in 2 years. It's clear that willpower wasn't the only factor at play here. Like I said though, I agree with the intent of your thread.
excuses excuses excuses excuses excuses

Daps
I mean, why though?
to be honest, i look around me at all the "adults" currently in my life and those from past and none of them are doing those things or positions like that..so that casts doubt in your head like "why would i be any different".

then in my case, i went to college and didnt do well at all, atleast compared to what i should've. That chips at my self confidence that perhaps im just someone who's destined to be an average guy, work his little 50k job and just play it safe.

Everyonce in a while i get that drive to standout and be all of those things you listed, but eventually i fall into self loathing, doubt and convenient routine of my life , out of fear of failure.:yeshrug:

yeah yeah yeah, i know, i need to snap from it and be more. I still have hope that ill get to that point. Until then, i just live vicariously through your trailblazers and stunt kings.