6 Certs, 6 Series, 6 Pack, 6 Women. What's Really...

What's Stopping You?

• I'm too lazy.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I don't believe in myself.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • The man is holding black people back.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • nikka, shut your dumbass up.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I'm already there, and I'm still working.

Votes: 21 27.6%

• Total voters

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
If Edward Snowden can make six figures, live in Hawaii, and work for the NSA without an college education whatsoever, what's stopping any of us from doing the same? What's stopping you from hitting up MIT OpenCourseWare and learning how to program in Python and C? How about learning higher level math?

If Daniel Lewin can go to school and while working full-time at IBM and taking care of his family, why can't anyone else?

If Robert Reffkin can graduate Columbia in two-years, why can't you hit up a community college, transfer to a good four-year and beast?
I see what you're going for, but these guys all probably have above-average natural capabilities with computers, especially Snowden, since the CIA/NSA doesn't just accept any come-around. Also, even though he didn't follow the traditional college track, he still did go to community college and took online courses, workshops, etc.; there are probably few people who would doubt Snowden's ability to blow through a college program. The Robert Reffkin cat graduated from Columbia in 2 years. It's clear that willpower wasn't the only factor at play here. Like I said though, I agree with the intent of your thread.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Because I have no interest in it or coding

I don't care about cars

I'm happy being slim

And I believe in monogamy

Last edited:

DIMES

Retired troll
Daps
Reppin
baby, that was the old me
First off u ambitious I like that :smugfavre:

I already have a 6 pack but Im not big enough yet

6 series whip I don't really want one but I could get in a few years

6 figure job yea I'm on my way im a youngin

6 women is too many in rotation but I could do this if I wanted

I could have everything on this list by 25 lol

Kane1

Superstar
Daps
Cuz Im 18 and broke as fukk

Them excuses is what's stopping you home boi:stopitslime:

I'm 35 living in my 3rd home (finally got my pool :blessed:) but it all started from me hustling from the age of 16.

Set up some life goals and start working on them ASAP.....its never to early or too late. Net goal is to build the dream house by 40 and retire by 50. I got a long way to go but its nothing that a little hard work won't overcome. :whoo:

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
1st Question, How snowden get in without an education?

2nd Question, How I become a coder without a college education?

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I think the 6 "certs" concept should be revamped and overhauled.

Not everyone is going to go into computer/IT field, however having 6 CERTIFIED documents does appear to be pertinent to achieving 6 figure or may at least increase ones chances.

Ex: 1) HS Diploma
2) Bachelor's degree
3) Master's degree or Law school
4) CPA or Pass the Bar Exam or teaching cert or be fluent in a foreign language that you can monetize
5) something else
6) something else

You may not have to get 6 "certs" or work the 9-5 to get 6 figures, but I agree having 6 documents saying you are an certified/expert/proficient in something can increase the chances of 6 figures/6 dimes/6 series.

I agree with with the theory of promoting 6 "certs" but NOT exclusively for the tech sector, although that is a good move for those not liking their situation

I have 2 or 3 things I would like to get "certified" in the next year beyond my masters degree, I should have 2 of these already but I was bullshiiting somewhat :snoop:

Anyway, since this is a thread about coding/IT I'm going to move to the side and let yall :cook:

Last edited: