[6.25.23] AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door II - Bryan vs Okada, Omega vs Ospreay II [Full Card Announced]

Who Wins between Okada vs. Bryan & Omega vs. Ospreay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
:blessed:

Best Bout Machine taking the L tho :mjcry:

I know some folks already down about Omega-Osperay II being at FD and not All In in London

I’m saying tho…we can’t have a rubber match? Sounds like a made trilogy especially if Will gets the W this time. Let a third match at All In bring it to a close

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
A true once in a lifetime match, brehs :blessed:
I'm trying to find comps and failing to come up with many. Pre 90's it was commin practice with the NWA and so many other wrestlers working tours for both All Japan and New Japan.

It's been so long since this kind of match has been booked.

The closest thing I can come up with would be if 97' Bret vs 97' Misawa (to redeem that boring ass Tiger Mask II match) or 98' Bret vs 98' Kobashi were booked. And even in those cases the clash of styles is way bigger than Dragon and Okada

I Vader facing off against every single top Japanese star Is the most recent comp?

Edit: Joe vs Kobashi...though that shyt was an extended squash given the difference in status at that point in their carrera.

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
:leon:

As someone who doesn't watch NJPW, Okada is one of the few names I know and remember being impressed by.

If WBDiscovery was in a better place financially, wonder if they could have dropped the bag to get AEW ppvs on HBO Max a la WWE with Peacock. They only do like 5 or 6 a year, so would be less money you would think.