[6.25.23] AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door II - Bryan vs Okada, Omega vs Ospreay II [Full Card Announced]

Who Wins between Okada vs. Bryan & Omega vs. Ospreay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
:leon:

As someone who doesn't watch NJPW, Okada is one of the few names I know and remember being impressed by.

If WBDiscovery was in a better place financially, wonder if they could have dropped the bag to get AEW ppvs on HBO Max a la WWE with Peacock. They only do like 5 or 6 a year, so would be less money you would think.
They should just tell AEW they need to do more sponsorships, and these glorified during-broadcast ads, to offset the revenue loss. Surely there has to be value for someone other than Draft Kings to have their logo on the ring with with the commentators reading off some scripted BS they want read, especially on the weekly TV since they get 800-900K+ viewers.

Is it lame and I fukking hate it? Yes, absolutely, but it's a lot of money. If they even got like 25% of what WWE got for stuff like that, it would make up a big chunk of PPV money for just one or two of those deals.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
They should just tell AEW they need to do more sponsorships, and these glorified during-broadcast ads, to offset the revenue loss. Surely there has to be value for someone other than Draft Kings to have their logo on the ring with with the commentators reading off some scripted BS they want read, especially on the weekly TV since they get 800-900K+ viewers.

Is it lame and I fukking hate it? Yes, absolutely, but it's a lot of money. If they even got like 25% of what WWE got for stuff like that, it would make up a big chunk of PPV money for just one or two of those deals.

I'm sure Excalibur could rattle off a bunch quickly :skip:. I imagine they do around 100K -200K for buys maybe, so the check wouldn't have to be that huge.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I'm sure Excalibur could rattle off a bunch quickly :skip:. I imagine they do around 100K -200K for buys maybe, so the check wouldn't have to be that huge.
100K US buys is 5 million. ANd Since Bleacher Report is owned by WBD, all the money goes to WBD and AEW.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
:whoo:

:ohlawd: between this and clowning Nigel at the DoN press conference...now I wanna see him address Punk to see what he says to him :bryan:

giphy.gif