6/15 PBC PRIME PPV: Gervonta "Tank" Davis vs Frank Martin/David Benavidez vs Oleksandr Gvozdyk

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
yea people I know that were at the fight are saying it wasn't sold out like maybe 3/4 full. That's surprising for a Tank fight. Especially since Benavidez was the comain :huhldup:

Can't find anything about guarantees online but seeing Tank could make up to $25mil. Probably ended up making way less than that but I wonder if PBC lost money on this fight
The face of boxing doing Bud numbers on PPV to half empty arenas is probably the only way we see him against the dudes we want going forward

The arena wasn't half empty

They did 13,249 people (this is the exact number)......It's max capacity is 17K but it the arena wasn't optimized for it so it def looked like it was full.

There were tickets for sale on stubhub for 200 bucks the day of the fight.

At the end of the day, Tank just doesn't have enough white/mainstream fans. He has all the black fans one could desire but the thing holding him back is not having the white/mainstream audience.

He needs to start doing more mainstream media.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Benavidez isn’t a draw like that… which is odd because PBC been putting him on all the big names undercard his whole career N he headlined his own PPV

Who honestly knows what the numbers are? But numbers aside, these prices are way too fukkin high. I've bought nearly every high profile fight since I got back to the states from Spain back in 2007. I remember paying $40 and $50 and it being worth it. Regularly paying $96 for a ppv is absurd. I don't care what tax bracket you're in. This system needs to be fixed.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Who honestly knows what the numbers are? But numbers aside, these prices are way too fukkin high. I've bought nearly every high profile fight since I got back to the states from Spain back in 2007. I remember paying $40 and $50 and it being worth it. Regularly paying $96 for a ppv is absurd. I don't care what tax bracket you're in. This system needs to be fixed.

Well this fight definitely wasnt worth it

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
I legit posted "numbers aside" and all you see is Rick Glaser's name. :martin:

Every boxing pundit has virtually said the same thing for the last 3 or 4 years. These ppv prices are way too fukkin high.

You the one who stays posting a fraud. His numbers are guesses. Dudes need to stop posting Victor Conte and rick glaser. prices could be lower nobody arguing about that.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Why are so many calling shutout a struggle, just because he didn't get the knockout?

First fight at 175 against a solid fighter skillwise and veteran Ukranian (those dudes always tough af).

He did what he was supposed to do but if he gonna stay at 175 he needs to stay, dude was 190 in the ring tonight.

Im not a fan of jumping up and down in weight especially if its as big as 7lbs because we all know its more than that on fight night

If Canelo don’t want that fight then move on. Russian dude had a crazy as style too, but good for Benavidez to get a taste of what its like against a talented vet in that division

Nahhh, we not gonna do that lol

David Benevidez was parading around in interviews on how he was going to knockout Gvozdyk, and how he had "an easy sparring" match against him and how he's going to show everyone he's a real threat in the 175 division. This fight was not that at all. I am not even sure he ever really hurt Gvozdyk outside of the end of the 4th or 5th round. On top of that, Benevidez got gassed after the 6th round

I actually like Benevidez, but he's in a dreamland if he thinks he can beat either Beterbiev or Bivol

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Nahhh, we not gonna do that lol

David Benevidez was parading around in interviews on how he was going to knockout Gvozdyk, and how he had "an easy sparring" match against him and how he's going to show everyone he's a real threat in the 175 division. This fight was not that at all. I am not even sure he ever really hurt Gvozdyk outside of the end of the 4th or 5th round. On top of that, Benevidez got gassed after the 6th round

I actually like Benevidez, but he's in a dreamland if he thinks he can beat either Beterbiev or Bivol

Bruh thats just talk to sell the fight and sell himself.

When they sparred it was years ago and who knows how it really went. Benavidez did what he was supposed to do against a bigger fighter who is comfortable in that weight class.

And no, Benavidez didn’t look good in that fight. He even admitted he was mediocre, but thats usually what happens when you jump up against decent talent and its foreal, not sparring.

It’s why I said if he is going to stay at that weight he needs to stay foreal. Don’t do that jumping back n forth shyt, get your body adapted to the weight class and develop the power/endurance/natural strength to be there. At least it should take like 2-3 fights.

Jerz

All Star
Daps
Bruh thats just talk to sell the fight and sell himself.

When they sparred it was years ago and who knows how it really went. Benavidez did what he was supposed to do against a bigger fighter who is comfortable in that weight class.

And no, Benavidez didn’t look good in that fight. He even admitted he was mediocre, but thats usually what happens when you jump up against decent talent and its foreal, not sparring.

It’s why I said if he is going to stay at that weight he needs to stay foreal. Don’t do that jumping back n forth shyt, get your body adapted to the weight class and develop the power/endurance/natural strength to be there. At least it should take like 2-3 fights.

What i don't get is why people try to act like David Benavidez, has never fought up at 175. He has fights at 175, earlier in his career, but he moved down to 168 - for the size advantage.

Benavidez looked mediocre, because that wasn't the blown up, 154 and 160 pound guys, hes mostly use to.

Fans are gullible.. They really thought dude was a monster, when the whole time, he was being match made vs a certain type of a opponent -- Lighter guys with no power. When Smith and Morrell called for him at 168, they ain't want it.

Benavidez thought Gvozdyk being retired, and inactive, was the perfect showcase. But the truth got exposed.

Yarde and Smith are both available. Get back in there, and redem yourself. Its ok if he's not ready for Bivol and Beterbiev. But atleast fight Yarde or Smith

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
What i don't get is why people try to act like David Benavidez, has never fought up at 175. He has fights at 175, earlier in his career, but he moved down to 168 - for the size advantage.

Benavidez looked mediocre, because that wasn't the blown up, 154 and 160 pound guys, hes mostly use to.

Fans are gullible.. They really thought dude was a monster, when the whole time, he was being match made vs a certain type of a opponent -- Lighter guys with no power. When Smith and Morrell called for him at 168, they ain't want it.

Benavidez thought Gvozdyk being retired, and inactive, was the perfect showcase. But the truth got exposed.

Yarde and Smith are both available. Get back in there, and redem yourself. Its ok if he's not ready for Bivol and Beterbiev. But atleast fight Yarde or Smith
Could care less what he did in the beginning, he moved back down and got used to fighting at that weight because maybe thats where he was more successful

He didn’t look like a big LHW here, he looked average, less defined, and won off talent. If he gets used to 175 he will look better but doesnt mean he can handle the best at 175 just yet.

And there are LHW’s that could fight at CW and HW in the same way you're saying Benavidez is a blown up at MW. Thats what happens when you’re pro.. nikkaz kill themselves to make weight at whatever can give them the best chance to win and the biggest payday to fight. If he had stayed at LHW he probably wouldn’t have the name he has now to demand the best fights he can/could now.

Its the game.. who says he won’t fight a Yarde or Smith next? He only fought a few weeks ago.

You fight work ups usually when jumping up in significant weights, not just run in there and fight the best. We saw how Andre Ward did it and struggled with Kovalev the first time they fought.