50 Cent Remembers “50 Cent Is the Future"

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Fif.jpg

Not saying the labels were blameless, but Fif essentially made it cool to give away your music

On the upside, you didnt have to get a release date, you didnt have to get samples cleared, you didnt have to throw on a bullshyt single

On the downside, with an album, you had to do all that shyt, which meant your mixtapes were better than your albums... AND you were expecting people to pay 2-4x the price of a mixtape for it

I mean lets keep it funky... the Dips mixtapes were better than the albums... these three tapes are either on par with or better than Fif's best albums. And they were like 1/4 the price. Good for the fans, bad business plan

shyt really got fukked up when they started putting mixtapes online... and the mixtape game fell off... but thats another thread

they ate off them tapes though, i would of thought myspace rappers made it a trend to give away mixtapes.

and u say dips mixtapes were better than the albums? i dunno about that one playboy

Barney Pimpson

Illusionist
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
On the flip sided it opened up the game to a lot of bum ass niccas who had no business rapping in the first place. A flood of pelle pelle clad bums who would have never got signed to a label in a million years.

Then when that album sold 10 milli forget it. Everybody's a fukking thug. Then those non rapping ass southerners got in the game and ruined everything u b*stards

I don't care who u shot. I don't care u sold dope. Where them barz? 50 had bars, he could go acapella and draw a crowd. Even the bum ass Nickle and dime ny rappers could spit. Nobody ever questioned the west coast gangster but they can spit

The worst part is the backward ass fans that wear that shyt like a badge. Ya nikka I listen to future and waka and am proud of it

Enjoy ur chief keef. I'm out.

ultimatemike

I'm about a dollar..
Daps
who the fukk let that fat down syndrome mexican on the new board

:ohlawd: