50 Cent Remembers “50 Cent Is the Future"

ThisIsLife

Energy ⚡
Daps
Reppin
Near Philly
u clearly can't read because in that xxl interview they say that mixtape
changed the game when it did not facts are facts.

:comeon:

I'm not talking about what XXL said, I'm talking about you said. Dice said G-Unit were not the first to do it, but they did it best, in response you said "lox did it before 50"

EDIT: I meant Mike not Dice.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Yo ronnie shut the fukk up

Only leg you have to stand on, which you didn't even know about because you're clueless, is that the Diplomats had started dropping similar mixtapes around the same time, with the same kind of extensive reworking of songs and "album feel"

But the "Makaveli bootlegs" dont count, because they were compiled and released long after dude died, and Im pretty sure were released as retail albums

Whatever beef u have w/G-Unit is irrelevant... you can't deny the fact that they changed the game in a major way w/their mixtapes. Nobody was doing that kind of "mixtape album" shyt before them

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
lox did it before 50 cent and g-unit they rhymed over the show biz and ag beat and had a chrous on it now they did'nt make a entire mixtape doing it but they did before g-unit none the less and besides it's not even a original idea anyway because u still rhyming over the original beat anyway.
it's not their beat so it's not even a original idea anyway

Thread: Those G-Unit mixtapes changed the game

Rhyme King: They didn't change the game. Lox did it first but they didn't make an entire mixtape doing it

:comeon:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
lox did it before 50 cent and g-unit they rhymed over the show biz and ag beat and had a chrous on it now they did'nt make a entire mixtape doing it but they did before g-unit none the less and besides it's not even a original idea anyway because u still rhyming over the original beat anyway.
it's not their beat so it's not even a original idea anyway

Did you even read my last sentence? Stop moving the goal posts straw man.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
im talking about what xxl said not what he said everything u mentioning is irelevant

That's bullshyt. You quoted me and were responding me to me. I said something like "They may not have done it first, but they did it the best."

And you responded talking about how the LOX did it first, and now that you are being called on it by multiple people, you're trying to move the goal posts around, pretending like you were trying to make a different point.

As much as I love the LOX, you won't find a bigger fan, they did not accomplish what 50 and G-Unit did with the mixtapes, period. People can make fun of G-Unit all day for falling off, talking only sales, etc, but at one point they were the hottest thing out in the mixtape world, and people fukking loved the music on those 3 original Whoo Kid tapes. No one can take that away from 50, Banks, and Yayo. They put their stamp on that lane, and no revisionist history can change that.

No one said they were the first people to rhyme on an old beat and put a chorus on there.

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
The way 50 approached making mixtapes had a huge impact on the way everyone started looking at them as a cost effective way of getting yourself out there, by cutting out the middle man, and by showcasing your talent without the label filtering and stifling your creativity.

Mixtapes up until that point were just way's to hear new or exclusive cuts, freestyles and for a way for DJ's to show off their mixing skills.

Most people have forgotten what mixtapes were like prior to the unit coming along.

Styles P in particular mastered the same approach to making mixtapes with his Ghost in the Shell series and D-Block with the Lost in Yonkers series.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
:usure: fif or the lables?
Fif.jpg

Not saying the labels were blameless, but Fif essentially made it cool to give away your music

On the upside, you didnt have to get a release date, you didnt have to get samples cleared, you didnt have to throw on a bullshyt single

On the downside, with an album, you had to do all that shyt, which meant your mixtapes were better than your albums... AND you were expecting people to pay 2-4x the price of a mixtape for it

I mean lets keep it funky... the Dips mixtapes were better than the albums... these three tapes are either on par with or better than Fif's best albums. And they were like 1/4 the price. Good for the fans, bad business plan

shyt really got fukked up when they started putting mixtapes online... and the mixtape game fell off... but thats another thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Fif.jpg

Not saying the labels were blameless, but Fif essentially made it cool to give away your music

On the upside, you didnt have to get a release date, you didnt have to get samples cleared, you didnt have to throw on a bullshyt single

On the downside, with an album, you had to do all that shyt, which meant your mixtapes were better than your albums... AND you were expecting people to pay 2-4x the price of a mixtape for it

I mean lets keep it funky... the Dips mixtapes were better than the albums... these three tapes are either on par with or better than Fif's best albums. And they were like 1/4 the price. Good for the fans, bad business plan

shyt really got fukked up when they started putting mixtapes online... and the mixtape game fell off... but thats another thread

Yep! I remember having hard fukkin copies of those first 3 Unit tapes.