5 years later... Did Apple fukk the game up by making headphone jacks extinct?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Apple made $23 billion dollars off of airpods alone? :wow: Does anyone part the wool from sheep better than Apple? They removed a barely visible but functional hole in the phone for "design and aesthetic" purposes which just so happened to have the benefit of creating a want/necessity for their brand of accessory that would replace the functionality that hole provided. They deprived customers of a choice just to create more market demand for their ancillary products. Yeah, that's smart business but you all aren't businessmen. Most of you likely don't own any Apple stock. Yet you've convinced yourself this a good thing for you, the consumer.
As an Apple shareholder I approve of the move. As a consumer I stopped using wired headphones when the Jaybird X2s came out. All I used the jack for was in the car to plug up to an aux port. Eventually I got the Bluetooth adapter I posted for that so I no longer use wires for any of that stuff anyway.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I got the Bose QC 35s for home listening and the smaller ones for outdoors, but regardless, I had these wireless options available even on the older iphones, they ain't have to remove the jack. Not to mention, these phones are thick enough to have one, it's not like they're razor thin or anything
It’s not just the jack. The circuitry for the jack would not fit in how cramped the phones are now.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And people didn’t run out and buy $300 headphones cause apple removed the plug. That’s nonsense. The people buying AirPods would buy them regardless. And if apple sold a premium wired set, they woulda bought those too.

What they did do is sell allot of product for cheap shyt like Jlab and Skulld :mjlol:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
And people didn’t run out and buy $300 headphones cause apple removed the plug. That’s nonsense. The people buying AirPods would buy them regardless. And if apple sold a premium wired set, they woulda bought those too.

What they did do is sell allot of product for cheap shyt like Jlab and Skulld :mjlol:
yeah like we're forgetting the white wires where the status symbol like the AirPods were and people were talking dirty about those

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Apple made $23 billion dollars off of airpods alone? :wow: Does anyone part the wool from sheep better than Apple? They removed a barely visible but functional hole in the phone for "design and aesthetic" purposes which just so happened to have the benefit of creating a want/necessity for their brand of accessory that would replace the functionality that hole provided. They deprived customers of a choice just to create more market demand for their ancillary products. Yeah, that's smart business but you all aren't businessmen. Most of you likely don't own any Apple stock. Yet you've convinced yourself this a good thing for you, the consumer.

Nobody was forced to do anything.

If people still want to be tethered to their device like an 80's walkman they still can.

8b469110-b2c3-4913-a8ee-28a19b638094_1.baf83252ab84b541207b3637a73fd783.jpeg

Last edited:

JavariesBrown

Rookie
Daps
Can’t lie I haven’t missed the head phone jack at all. I could see why some would tho.

not an audiophile like that
The most annoying ass thing from having no headphone jack is not being able to play music and charge my phone at the same time in my beater other than that I don’t notice it being gone.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The most annoying ass thing from having no headphone jack is not being able to play music and charge my phone at the same time in my beater other than that I don’t notice it being gone.
They sell splitters that let you play and charge at the same time or you can buy a wireless charger.

And they also sell Bluetooth aux adapters. You plug the adapter in the aux port in your car then connect to it via Bluetooth, then you have your port available for charging.

JavariesBrown

Rookie
Daps
They sell splitters that let you play and charge at the same time or you can buy a wireless charger.

And they also sell Bluetooth aux adapters. You plug the adapter in the aux port in your car then connect to it via Bluetooth, then you have your port available for charging.
I know the shyt is just annoying is all I’m saying

GabForever

Banned
Supporter
Daps
how do you go on a run and listen to music/podcast while jogging? wont that shyt keep falling off?