5 years later... Did Apple fukk the game up by making headphone jacks extinct?

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Not really. The average person don't give af about wired headphones and don't mind paying for wireless at this point. Side note, I took a flight to Mexico weeks ago and used wired headphones for the first time in years and that shyt sounded incredible. So crisp and clear. :wow: I might be coming back.... but only on planes though:troll:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Maybe. All I know is, my Airpods battery (got them in 2017) has been trash since late 2020 and I barely listen to music out now because I don't want to buy any new Airpods.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Na. I still use headphones/DAC on my PC. If I’m out I don’t want wires, so the Pods are perfect :yeshrug: taking out 3.5mm was an* objectively net negative, and I was on that wave back then, but it doesn’t actually affect me tbh

Last edited:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Apple made $23 billion dollars off of airpods alone? :wow: Does anyone part the wool from sheep better than Apple? They removed a barely visible but functional hole in the phone for "design and aesthetic" purposes which just so happened to have the benefit of creating a want/necessity for their brand of accessory that would replace the functionality that hole provided. They deprived customers of a choice just to create more market demand for their ancillary products. Yeah, that's smart business but you all aren't businessmen. Most of you likely don't own any Apple stock. Yet you've convinced yourself this a good thing for you, the consumer.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I got the Bose QC 35s for home listening and the smaller ones for outdoors, but regardless, I had these wireless options available even on the older iphones, they ain't have to remove the jack. Not to mention, these phones are thick enough to have one, it's not like they're razor thin or anything

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got the Bose QC 35s for home listening and the smaller ones for outdoors, but regardless, I had these wireless options available even on the older iphones, they ain't have to remove the jack. Not to mention, these phones are thick enough to have one, it's not like they're razor thin or anything
Apple removed a port people used to save money n increase their margins. Were these savings passed onto the consumers? No. Same with the charging brick. Iphone profit margins are insane.