Uptown
15-20 years
mlb_g_griffey_mb_576.jpg

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Listen I understand you're American and you think the world revolves around the US, but people have lives elsewhere.
Boxing, tennis and track are not "American sports" breh, come on now. I specified "American sports" in this thread, meaning sports mainly played in the US (or Canada to an extent) stuff like Basketball, Baseball, what you guys call "football", Hockey...none of those sports are big worlwide except Basketball. I have no idea what Bonds or Jeter look like, shyt I don't even know what sports they are in.
:what:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
2012-2013 season

LeBron No. 1 in jersey sales, but Rose popular overseas

raZfdbX.png

2013-2014 season

It's Good to Be King: LeBron James Tops 2014 Top-Selling NBA Jerseys

We haven’t crowned a winner for the 2014 NBA Championship, but we know who the king is when it comes to jersey sales. For the sixth time, Miami Heat power-forward LeBron James tops the NBA most-popular jersey list based on overall retail sales on NBAStore.com since the beginning of the 2013-14 season. Along with James, nine players that will compete in the 2014 NBA Playoffs occupy the top 15 list.

Rounding out the top five are the Oklahoma City Thunder’s Kevin Durant (No. 2), the Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant (No. 3), the Chicago Bulls’ Derrick Rose (No. 4) and the Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry (No. 5). Durant jumps two spots from the latest list from Dec. that the NBA released to No. 2, bumping both Bryant and Rose down one position.

670px-lbjheat.jpg

LeBron James of the Miami Heat is the top-selling NBA jersey for 2014 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

With the resurgence of the San Antonio Spurs Tim Duncan at No. 14 makes his return to the list for the first time since 2007.

In terms of most-popular by team, the 2013 NBA Champion Heat lead the top 10, followed by the Los Angeles Lakers, and Chicago Bulls. Since winning back-to-back championships in 2013, the Heat has held the top spot for best-selling team merchandise.

Below is a listing of top jersey sales for the 2013-14 season by player and team in the NBA:

Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys (by Player)

1. LeBron James, Miami Heat

2. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder

3. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers

4. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls

5. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors

6. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks

7. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat

8. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers

9. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers

10. James Harden, Houston Rockets

11. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers

12. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder

13. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics

14. Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs

15. Paul George, Indiana Pacers

Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise

1. Miami Heat

2. Los Angeles Lakers

3. Chicago Bulls

4. Oklahoma City Thunder

5. New York Knicks

6. Boston Celtics

7. Brooklyn Nets

8. Golden State Warriors

9. San Antonio Spurs

10. Los Angeles Clippers

Source: National Basketball Association

Follow Maury Brown on Twitter @BizballMaury

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybr...bron-james-tops-2014-top-selling-nba-jerseys/

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
First off, most of you won't agree with my list. Second, these are icons of their sports. Doesn't mean they are the best or have consistently been the best. They are elite and their name and image is well-known whether you like them or not. Five is not enough, there are icons of golf, tennis, boxing and baseball that I didn't list.

Usain Bolt
LeBron James
David Beckham
Tom Brady
Alex Ovechkin

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Anyone who thinks Iverson is more iconic in the last 15 years than -

Bron
Kobe
Jeter
Bonds
Manning
Brady
Federer
Ronaldo
Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo
Beckham

.. has a lot of space between their ears.

AI had everyone in the NBA rocking tats and braids and trying to cross each other up. And this is the U.S. those last 5 don't count

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
:laff:
influenced what exactly?? :ohhh: is this why you have so many PGs shoot under 42% from the field??
I agree with you but last thing you wanna do is get into an arguement with Iverson stans about their hero, breh. Shi!t always get ugly.

THems stans ARE loyal :laff:

Last edited: