5 most iconic athletes of the last 15 years

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Tough topic but here's what I've come up with in no particular order.

Peyton Manning: whether it's in Indy or Denver, his hands speaks for itself. Consistency and dedication for danm near 20 years. The essential all American qb. He's an icon based on his super bowl appearances and is a household name. That and his family name and Gatorade sponsorship help out.

Kobe Bryant: took the torch when Jordan left and excelled. Championships, ability to score and win gold medals, his legacy with the Lakers. Sure his rape case may have hurt him but he bounced back and win some titles afterwards.

Tiger woods: I don't follow golf but everyone danm near knows this man. Even before his scandals. His golf game is impeccable and he created interest in a sport that wasn't as popular before.

Derek Jeter: hard to find a baseball player that compares. Pujols may come close if he had stayed in st Louis. Leaving hurt him. The captain is a legend in the Bronx and one of the most marketable players the game had. Another Gatorade alumni. They know how to pick winners.

My last one is someone many may not agree with and it was difficult including him since so many deserved recognition as well. But his accomplishments speak for themselves whether it's agreed or not and that man is:
1369268877_johncena_bio_20121120.png
the champ is here and there's nothing you can do about it.

:troll:

Michael Phelps: most accomplished Olympian and consistently winning medals. Sure you can say swimming isn't a sport and Olympics is every four years but he has the stats to back it up.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
I think iconic was the wrong word to use in the title because if youre talking iconic then the likes of Michael Phelps and Serena would need to be in discussion because of all the records theyve broken. Even Michael Schumacher because he dominated and destroyed F1 for years.