4K tv pretty useless?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Well then don’t that mean all TVs that don’t have DirecTV useless then?:dwillhuh:

I got Google TV and I asked about them getting 4K a few years back.

And they said basically DTV has the monopoly on that and no one else is offering it till their deal expires. That in a nutshell
This. Breh was way off base with that

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

They have a general issue with connecting wirelessly after having it awhile. I thought it may have been my ISP but everything else in my house connects just fine.

Then I read online that if you open up the inside of the TV, some of the stuff that's supposed to help connect the TV is all bent up and shyt. I won't even bother doing that shyt. For now I have a cat 5 running thru the wall from my gateway to the TV.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
If you dont know where to get 4k content by now idk what to tell you. And anybody telling you 1080 is good is lying to you :mjlol:. shyt is an eyesore to look at after looking at 4k for so long
When the content is available it's great but it serves no point for people who sit and watch regular ass TV most of the time which is most people.

Watching Love&Hip Hop Atlanta would pale in comparison to watching Inception but whose l who's sitting up watching shyt like that all day?

Not calling Inception some shyt. Best Leo movie but you get what I'm saying.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
When the content is available it's great but it serves no point for people who sit and watch regular ass TV most of the time which is most people.

Watching Love&Hip Hop Atlanta would pale in comparison to watching Inception but whose l who's sitting up watching shyt like that all day?

Not calling Inception some shyt. Best Leo movie but you get what I'm saying.
You right. Its more for youtube and movies and gaming not regular tv. But there is alot of 4k content out there. And blame the networks for no 4ktv they should been upgraded the signal :francis:. Just like with the internet upgrades we poses to get they dragging their feet.

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
After taking the last two gaming generations off, I’m looking at getting a PS5/X Box Series X. I already have Amazon, Netflix, Hulu etc. Will a $400 4K TV do the experience justice? I don’t think I watch enough TV to feel compelled to spend over a $1,000 for a TV. I’ll probably put some work in on that console though.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Is this a serious thread? :gucci:

Netflix, Amazon Prime, both consoles are all in 4K. The new consoles will be in 4K. UHD blu-ray. Then there’s upscaling. 1080p upscaled to 4K looks better than not being upscaled.

breh i looked at the date of this thread like it was 2016. This shyt is from last week and I’m like :hhh:

damn near all of the content I watch is 4K and I don’t even touch a movie unless it’s HDR. I get that brehs are still paying for cable but I haven’t had cable in 8 years. I’m running a Plex server with so much content that I am basically my own streaming service at this point. I keep that server fed with 4K rips and the only shyt I still grab 1080 content off of is whatever random TV shows I like but a lot of TV rips are 4K these days because the “scene” is up on its shyt.

when I first got my TV I was hurt that a fukking 75in TV looked like trash but I realized I was pushing garbage content to it. These days a 50gig 4K rip is the norm and the difference is night and day. And HDR fukkin matters