4K tv pretty useless?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
i got a 4K tv, its cool but like i said aint worth all the hype.
The jump from 1080p to 4k is not as remarkable than standard 480 to 1080p
Was it cheap? I remember dudes on here saying you need to pay some bucks if you want an actual, true 4K.

You can definitely tell the difference between the 1080 and 4k, at least with physical media. As for network broadcasting, that’s a different story. 4K is just more vivid and sharp. :ld:

Breh the HitMang

Thank You Kobe
Daps
Was it cheap? I remember dudes on here saying you need to pay some bucks if you want an actual, true 4K.

You can definitely tell the difference between the 1080 and 4k, at least with physical media. As for network broadcasting, that’s a different story. 4K is just more vivid and sharp. :ld:
i got a 55 inch crystal UHD 4K Samsung for 399.99 at target

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Bruh.. you kinda talking out ya cheeks here. Again, the video I posted explains it to you. And while it'll teach you a thing or 2 for like 15 min, skip to the 4:30 mark to get schooled on what I'm talking about specifically. And 1080 is 2k, this new reality must be :mindblown: but yeah. They doing mo tricks than Sony to achieve 4k. I accept your apology btw :handshake:
bf36f4_c4f89b039d444bbc84100dc6c0d395fe~mv2.webp

bf36f4_87f83b22ed4b4c2c8a9b8a1928f5e04c~mv2_d_2560_1440_s_2.webp

again 2k>1080 and you're basing this off some dude in a video talking about DI's being 2K for modern shytty FX heavy movies.

but even something shot in 8K with a 2k DI and then upscaled to 4K is still greater detail than 1080, so you're still wrong.

Unlike you I don't need a video of someone explaining this because I actually live this shyt. Ole "nothing is shot in true hd" lookin ass :mjlol:

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
If your cable provider not sending a 4K signal then your 4K tv is useless..

Well then don’t that mean all TVs that don’t have DirecTV useless then?:dwillhuh:

I got Google TV and I asked about them getting 4K a few years back.

And they said basically DTV has the monopoly on that and no one else is offering it till their deal expires. That in a nutshell

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Watch Aquaman, or Gemeni Man (actual 4k iMax Blur-ay, not on a streaming service), and you will be blown away. 4k with Dolby Vision:whew: the colors pop:wow:
It's the hdr implementation more so than the 4k, especially once you talked about colors "popping".a 4k image without hdr isn't much different than 1080p...

That's what they selling you but we at the point of diminishing returns here so new tech needs to be invented to move visual fidelity forward. Hdr is the big shift this gen and TVs that have full hdr capabilities have the best quality GENERALLY speaking
bf36f4_c4f89b039d444bbc84100dc6c0d395fe~mv2.webp

bf36f4_87f83b22ed4b4c2c8a9b8a1928f5e04c~mv2_d_2560_1440_s_2.webp

again 2k>1080 and you're basing this off some dude in a video talking about DI's being 2K for modern shytty FX heavy movies.

but even something shot in 8K with a 2k DI and then upscaled to 4K is still greater detail than 1080, so you're still wrong.

Unlike you I don't need a video of someone explaining this because I actually live this shyt. Ole "nothing is shot in true hd" lookin ass :mjlol:
You dating a TV my nikka? Im literally here with my homie who does editing for the Smithsonian. Let's not try to pull rank because that's what a person who can't articulate themselves do. Usually because they don't know wtf they talking about. Your little chart failed to mention uhd and 4k are different resolutions. You'd think somebody who was trying to school somebody with detail would mention such. Go head and Google it then act like you knew afterwards, I'll wait :popcorn: your line about something shot in 8k that's upscaled to 4k (unique choice of wording here) being better than 1080p....ok, thanks captain :handshake: now according to the video you dismissed, how much would that cost a studio? You're ignorant to the techniques used to get the final results. It's basically what the gaming industry does to reach 4k. A checkerboarding that is good enough. The "elites" know this, it's all about profiting off of you good smart people :francis:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's the hdr implementation more so than the 4k, especially once you talked about colors "popping".a 4k image without hdr isn't much different than 1080p...

That's what they selling you but we at the point of diminishing returns here so new tech needs to be invented to move visual fidelity forward. Hdr is the big shift this gen and TVs that have full hdr capabilities have the best quality GENERALLY speaking

You dating a TV my nikka? Im literally here with my homie who does editing for the Smithsonian. Let's not try to pull rank because that's what a person who can't articulate themselves do. Usually because they don't know wtf they talking about. Your little chart failed to mention uhd and 4k are different resolutions. You'd think somebody who was trying to school somebody with detail would mention such. Go head and Google it then act like you knew afterwards, I'll wait :popcorn: your line about something shot in 8k that's upscaled to 4k (unique choice of wording here) being better than 1080p....ok, thanks captain :handshake: now according to the video you dismissed, how much would that cost a studio? You're ignorant to the techniques used to get the final results. It's basically what the gaming industry does to reach 4k. A checkerboarding that is good enough. The "elites" know this, it's all about profiting off of you good smart people :francis:

a day later and you come with this?

giphy.gif

:laff:
you're clearly still rocking a TV from 2006

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
4k, and I just had another kid. And some more shyt but that's neither here nor there. Your reply is a towel throw so I'll save some for the sequel

:damn:
May your kids have more brain cells than you and not spout out hilariously inaccurate information and smarten up with a quick Google search

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everything on Disney + is in dolby vision 4k.. All Netflix owned movies/shows are in 4k dolby vision. If your TV is 4k and you stream from a ps4 you will get shyt quality. Use the apps on your TV if you want 4k. Watching youtube in 4k is amazing. You're just doing wrong.