4K tv pretty useless?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Quoting me like he's getting a response :heh:
Im gonna be totally 100 with you, I wouldn't wanna have to respond to this...
Aren't you too old for that, and shouldn't you as a mod showcase better behavior than a negger? Back to the age angle, ppl mention age all the time with me. How old do you have to be before getting salty and negging becomes beneath you? I expect Teenager to neg, not grown men. Not a man who tasted p*ssy before. How do you please a woman then turn around and you go "he's dissing 4k? NEG!!!" That's the type of move a nikka does after his girlfriend takes off the strap-on. Don't neg me now :whoa: just an honest observation...
either/either

Just as long as others see, I could give 2 fukks about how you publically choose to handle the assualt :bustback:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
giphy.gif

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
What an embarrassing thread to make in 2020. Been eating off 4K HDR content since 2016 now

@PS4 you're a moron. Please research movies shot on film
I already covered cable. Less than 1% of cable is 1080p which is how the majority consume. We all know of Netflix and most Netflix movies are not shot in hd because most movies are not. These facts hurt feelings (idk y?)

And im a moron but you're saying research movies shot on film like if movies are shot on not film :dwillhuh:

Anyways, I'll play along. I have nothing to hide and I'm not a bytch..
Engadget is now a part of Verizon Media
That should begin the learning process for ye, short short article but this video that accompanies it goes deeper...
https://videos.vidible.tv/prod/5cf9...h9JEoLV0TK81HKlYb4mIbKGOY45vkpHkdC4FKQc4wdZcx

Don't become a stranger now ya hear?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I already covered cable. Less than 1% of cable is 1080p which is how the majority consume. We all know of Netflix and most Netflix movies are not shot in hd because most movies are not. These facts hurt feelings (idk y?)

And im a moron but you're saying research movies shot on film like if movies are shot on not film :dwillhuh:

Anyways, I'll play along. I have nothing to hide and I'm not a bytch..
Engadget is now a part of Verizon Media
That should begin the learning process for ye, short short article but this video that accompanies it goes deeper...
https://videos.vidible.tv/prod/5cf9...h9JEoLV0TK81HKlYb4mIbKGOY45vkpHkdC4FKQc4wdZcx

Don't become a stranger now ya hear?

Yes you're a moron. You sound like a broke boy with an old ass set and are making excuses. And 4k digital intermediates are a lot more common now then they were 4 years ago. Even for Fx heavy films (toy story 4). Netflix mandates all their originals and movies be shot at 4K minimum. You sound like an idiot saying nothing is shot in true HD when there are 8k digital cameras now.

I don't give a fukk about cable I don't even have it. Join the streaming era.

And didn't click those links because I know what I'm talking about...

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Yes you're a moron. You sound like a broke boy with an old ass set and are making excuses. And 4k digital intermediates are a lot more common now then they were 4 years ago. Even for Fx heavy films (toy story 4). Netflix mandates all their originals and movies be shot at 4K minimum. You sound like an idiot saying nothing is shot in true HD when there are 8k digital cameras now.

I don't give a fukk about cable I don't even have it. Join the streaming era.

And didn't click those links because I know what I'm talking about...
I didn't talk so I don't sound like anything, and I have a 4k set within an xbox one x. Try again :umad:

Now sir you seem highly shemotional here. And you wrote a decent amount. The video you didn't peep breaks down how all video is upscaled from 1080p and breakdown why. If you'd rather remain ignorant you wouldn't be alone. They even mention 8k cameras like you did. So, nothing left to do, I did my homework as you suggested and you're too stuck in moron to educate yourself further so I'll chop this up as a FLAWLESS VICTORY :win:

Since you're a lazy moron skip to 4:30 in the video and then shut the fukk up forever

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Well sir you seem highly shemotional here. And you wrote a decent amount. The video you didn't peep breaks down how all video is upscaled from 1080p and breakdown why. If you'd rather remain ignorant you wouldn't be alone. They even mention 8k cameras like you did. So, nothing left to do, I did my homework as you suggested and you're too stuck in moron to educate yourself further so I'll chop this up as a FLAWLESS VICTORY :win:
Well that's just not true.
Nothing is "upscaled from 1080". Home video formats have been downrezzed for decades. We have only recently just recently getting a format close to what we see on the big screen in theaters as far as resolution. (4k/UHD). Fx heavy movies commonly have 2K DIS but that's changing. and 2k>1080.

Lawrence of Arabia is about to release on 4K disc. If you don't think of movie shot on that type of film is higher than 1080 resolution I can only laugh at you

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Well that's just not true.
Nothing is "upscaled from 1080". Home video formats have been downrezzed for decades. We have only recently just recently getting a format close to what we see on the big screen in theaters as far as resolution. (4k/UHD). Fx heavy movies commonly have 2K DIS but that's changing. and 2k>1080.

Lawrence of Arabia is about to release on 4K disc. If you don't think of movie shot on that type of film is higher than 1080 resolution I can only laugh at you
Bruh.. you kinda talking out ya cheeks here. Again, the video I posted explains it to you. And while it'll teach you a thing or 2 for like 15 min, skip to the 4:30 mark to get schooled on what I'm talking about specifically. And 1080 is 2k, this new reality must be :mindblown: but yeah. They doing mo tricks than Sony to achieve 4k. I accept your apology btw :handshake:
time machine thread

first yall shouldnt even still have basic cable ... youve already shown your cards

4k HDR been out for years... all streaming services offer 4k content
1.) Your cable box is limited to 1080i in the majority of cases, and that's because broadcast signals max at 720p.1080p won't be a broadcast standard for another decade at the least. Don't take my word for it, I've brought backup..

Why Netflix videos look so much better than cable TV

2.) Do you literally watch Netflix and nothing else? You don't care for live TV? You watch Rick and Morty on the adult swim app? That's cool. But do you expect everyone else to live like that only? Just seems kinda narrow minded imo. I feel you're incorrect in terms of bigger picture. And I'm somebody who cut the cord a long time ago. Like a decade. I got sites for live TV, everything. I only pay for Disney+because of the 4k streaming. Doesn't mean there isn't a huge void overall when it comes to content. It's limited to gaming and movies. And not every game/movie takes advantage of the power so in reality just like in the HD era. Only a handful of titles stick out :francis:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Bruh.. you kinda talking out ya cheeks here. Again, the video I posted explains it to you. And while it'll teach you a thing or 2 for like 15 min, skip to the 4:30 mark to get schooled on what I'm talking about specifically. And 1080 is 2k, this new reality must be :mindblown: but yeah. They doing mo tricks than Sony to achieve 4k. I accept your apology btw :handshake:

1.) Your cable box is limited to 1080i in the majority of cases, and that's because broadcast signals max at 720p.1080p won't be a broadcast standard for another decade at the least. Don't take my word for it, I've brought backup..

Why Netflix videos look so much better than cable TV

2.) Do you literally watch Netflix and nothing else? You don't care for live TV? You watch Rick and Morty on the adult swim app? That's cool. But do you expect everyone else to live like that only? Just seems kinda narrow minded imo. I feel you're incorrect in terms of bigger picture. And I'm somebody who cut the cord a long time ago. Like a decade. I got sites for live TV, everything. I only pay for Disney+because of the 4k streaming. Doesn't mean there isn't a huge void overall when it comes to content. It's limited to gaming and movies. And not every game/movie takes advantage of the power so in reality just like in the HD era. Only a handful of titles stick out :francis:

I watch Amazon, Netflix, Game, Youtube.
saying "But do you expect everyone else to live like that? seems narrow minded" and "I'm someone who cut the cord a long time ago" :russ: is fukking hilarious breh.... I dont even fukk with TV like that ------- obviously. I havent had cable in years nor do I care how everyone else "lives like"

maybe since you "cut the cord years ago" you could bring up the fact that you can stream live tv and sports for free on handfuls of platforms

oh did that not equate to the huge 4k discussion? would that be the turning point of you wiggling out of the convo somehow?
I just bought a 3rd 65inch 4k TV for 450$ .... if streaming television is hit or miss with quality ... why would I care if I paid 450$ for 65 inch TV.
I'm talking to you on a 50 inch vizio television hooked to my computer. with a 38 inch second monitor, TVs aint that expensive at all.... you can literally just type 4k content on shyt and it all pops up. My question would be why still pay outrageous cable prices, for non 4k content... filler channels you'll never watch ... when you can just stream any channel in the world for a basic cable bill of 55$ It's the same as still having a house phone, yeah some people will fight to keep one... but that's on you. Just cut that shyt and pay a cell phone bill and get the internet/youtube/voice control/ social media/alarm clock/games/ etc for the same price while you leave your house.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I watch Amazon, Netflix, Game, Youtube.
saying "But do you expect everyone else to live like that? seems narrow minded" and "I'm someone who cut the cord a long time ago" :russ: is fukking hilarious breh.... I dont even fukk with TV like that ------- obviously. I havent had cable in years nor do I care how everyone else "lives like"

maybe since you "cut the cord years ago" you could bring up the fact that you can stream live tv and sports for free on handfuls of platforms

oh did that not equate to the huge 4k discussion? would that be the turning point of you wiggling out of the convo somehow?
I just bought a 3rd 65inch 4k TV for 450$ .... if streaming television is hit or miss with quality ... why would I care if I paid 450$ for 65 inch TV.
I'm talking to you on a 50 inch vizio television hooked to my computer. with a 38 inch second monitor, TVs aint that expensive at all.... you can literally just type 4k content on shyt and it all pops up. My question would be why still pay outrageous cable prices, for non 4k content... filler channels you'll never watch ... when you can just stream any channel in the world for a basic cable bill of 55$ It's the same as still having a house phone, yeah some people will fight to keep one... but that's on you. Just cut that shyt and pay a cell phone bill and get the internet/youtube/voice control/ social media/alarm clock/games/ etc for the same price while you leave your house.
Bruh, you're saying what I said :dahell: I'm discussing the limitations of cable but acknowledging that most adults who run households have cable. Just because you don't (and neither do I) doesn't mean that's what's up for the majority. Maybe the majority of kids who only have to worry about themselves and material things :yawn: as for the options, you ain't getting 4k streams on shyt when it comes to live TV. The events that are streamed in 4k you gotta pay for because the stream you watch quality is determined by how many viewers. That's why links freeze and stop because of bandwidth. The cheapest way to eat is to find a site that cost a couple dollars to use. Then the user count will remain low and the stream quality will be up to par. Plus the majority of links pay or free are not 60fps. If I didn't learn where to go, where to look? It wouldn't be worth it. The majority can't eat without fukkin up the quality for the rest of us so it's a broken idea/mindset in the bigger scheme of things.