4090 FE with EK waterblock & 12900K Raffle

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I’m about to send this off to @Phillyrider807

ZSKI5kv.jpeg
He won 😲

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Phillyrider807 I recommend getting a cpu waterblock too. Get you a good case and mobo and run the configuror on ekwb's website (just ignore the gpu part because the waterblock is already installed [which woulda taken you a couple of hours to do, btw]). Get extra fittings and tubes too. You'll need 2 radiators at least. If your case is big enough, get 3. I'd also get a custom cable for the 4090. I sent you the adaptor, but it's kinda trash. They make good custom cables for 4090s at CableMod

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Phillyrider807 If you need a big case get that Lian li O11 Dynamic :banderas:
I had that case. Bad airflow if you use their custom distro plate because you can't place fans at the front of the case. If you use a pump, then you could though. The custom distro plate is super easy to work with, but I regret buying it because of the airflow. My temps were getting pretty high

Flexington

All Star
Daps
I had that case. Bad airflow if you use their custom distro plate because you can't place fans at the front of the case. If you use a pump, then you could though. The custom distro plate is super easy to work with, but I regret buying it because of the airflow. My temps were getting pretty high

Dang, didn't know the airflow was bad like that. The customizable aspect of it seemed like it would help out there, but as you said there's no frontal fans so that makes sense.

What's a decent sized one with some good airflow?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Dang, didn't know the airflow was bad like that. The customizable aspect of it seemed like it would help out there, but as you said there's no frontal fans so that makes sense.

What's a decent sized one with some good airflow?
That's a good question. I'm not sure. I got a monster Cooler Master HAF 700 EVO case because I want my shyt chilly. I'm not dealing with high temps again. I had to actually limit my gpu frames to 120 so as to not get the gpu too hot on the Lian Li. Plus, with my new 4090 waterblock, it's got active backplate cooling, so no problems there. The problem is the case is big and heavy as fukk. It's gonna be like 75 pounds with everything in it.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Can't say thank you enough!!! I'll keep everyone up to date. Gonna get the rest of the stuff I need part by part so might be about 2 months or so before it's entirely up and running. Gonna give my current rig to my brother!!.

Need a new case psu mobo and storage.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Can't say thank you enough!!! I'll keep everyone up to date. Gonna get the rest of the stuff I need part by part so might be about 2 months or so before it's entirely up and running. Gonna give my current rig to my brother!!.

Need a new case psu mobo and storage.
Get you a cheap second psu for testing out the loop too. You'll wanna have your pc turned off when testing the loop, then you run the pump off the cheap psu and test for leaks. Leaks are okay, don't worry. If your components are off it's not a problem. You'll have leaks your first time (at least I did). You fix the leaks, then run the pump for 24 hours off the cheap psu and if you have no leaks, you're ready to go.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Also, since you got the 4090 @Phillyrider807 it’s time to get a good monitor. You can go super ultrawide like me, or just a 4K 120/144 hz monitor. You can even just use a 120hz TV. You wanna take full advantage of the 4090
Yea right now i got a cheap 1440p monitor i use for my main setup. I gotta step it up lol.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yea right now i got a cheap 1440p monitor i use for my main setup. I gotta step it up lol.
Yeah a 4090 is wasted on a 1440p. Gotta get that 4k 120/144 hz. You can get a LG OLED 120hz TV for like $900 or something. There are other more price friendly monitors too. Or go super ultrawide. It’s a fukking amazing experience with it being so wide. You’ll never go back to a standard monitor.