40+ Successful professional black women are getting in vitro to be "single mothers by choice"

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Brehs I knew a woman like this. A half black half Jewish teacher. She had a boy and a girl. I don’t remember if she adopted or did Ivf but she would make posts about being an intentional single mother. She chose to be a single mother and tired of waiting. The boy was mentally ill and had to be institutionalized because he was suicidal. Sad stuff.

Edit: remembered she adopted willingly as a single mother

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kids statistically face worst outcomes with only one parent in the household. I understand life happens for some people and that some women don't end up with a choice, but rearing a child, by yourself and at an old age is incredibly selfish. It's like the kid isn't even being though of in this scenario. shyts gonna be especially tough if she has a boy too.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Secondly, 2 parent homes aren’t what nature intended. Marriage has existed for about 5-6000 years, and monogamous marriage is only a few hundred years old, modern human is 200,000 years old - most of our existence, raising kids was communal, not nuclear. And ohhhh…people turned out fine.

These ancient societies were small, rural, and had interconnected kinship with some inbreeding making them like a big extended family.

When you have wealth, assets, and large societies marriage becomes common and crucial. What is recent is consensual and romantic marriage rather than arranged marriage.

Anyways, we aren't discussing raising kids communally. We are talking SMBC depending only on personal income and assets to supplant most of this.

There has always been a wide variety of family styles in every society. Claiming that this displaces monogamous two parent homes though does not follow.

Where is the long history of single parents without family or communal support raising kids en mass? Just because the 1950s nuclear family didn't always exist doesn't mean anything goes.

How long before this goes from being a last chance to a first option in the eyes of many women?

Boxchevy

Pro
Bushed
Daps
Kids statistically face worst outcomes with only one parent in the household. I understand life happens for some people and that some women don't end up with a choice, but rearing a child, by yourself and at an old age is incredibly selfish. It's like the kid isn't even being though of in this scenario. shyts gonna be especially tough if she has a boy too.
Somehow it's never selfish to yall when men abandon their children or when yall praise the likes of nick cannon etc talking bout 'as long as he has the money'....black men want women to desire something that they have no intention of providing...how the coli all of sudden became pro marriage in this one thread alone??

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Somehow it's never selfish to yall when men abandon their children or when yall praise the likes of nick cannon etc talking bout 'as long as he has the money'....black men want women to desire something that they have no intention of providing...how the coli all of sudden became pro marriage in this one thread alone??
Men who abandon their kids are scum, I care nothing about nick cannon, and I don't care about the marriage rate or what black women want in terms of a relationship. I'm only advocating for the children who can't advocate for themselves.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
From now on can you Nigerians keep your domestic issues in house

There’s lots of brown skinned people on this planet and we don’t share the same experiences

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
she prostituted? explain further
She describes her last relationship as a kept woman but I don't think he was saying that Eboni was a prostitute

But I can say that women without a Man will do whatever to justify fukking unless shes a millionaire.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
She describes her last relationship as a kept woman but I don't think he was saying that Eboni was a prostitute

But I can say that women without a Man will do whatever to justify fukking unless shes a millionaire.

they posted the whore house she worked it and the BBL before and after lol