4 hour commute to work, $1500 spent a month

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
eh it used to take me 3 hours on the bus each way before i bought a car and was costing me like 450 a month

chick needs a work at home posistion

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
:manny: one day she's not gonna wanna drive home and makes a stop in NJ for a drink...and Im right there :shaq:

The husband works in NYC bruh......she's in DC

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/140/787/rod-serling-meme-generator-you-sir-are-a-fakkit-e27cc5.jpg

But yea the husband is bringing in bread and the wife making around 70k. The commute is hell but if they only doing temporarily with some type of exit strategy I can respect the grind. He definitely sharing her tho

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
You probably don't contribute much to this society so you should go ahead and do that.

"Contribute to society"

This is just a buzz phrase used to get people to fall in line

We work for employers because we need money. Employers hire us because they need to the work. There is no love, unity, or any communal responsibility held or shared between either of the two entities. Everything is a business transaction, the consumer contributes just as much as the producer and the benefit is mutual.

The problem is one side chose to tip the scales on the other and those who were at a disadvantage willingly fell in line because of catchy and clever buzzwords like the one you mentioned in your post.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
biggest problem in America we live to work instead of work to live.....that sounds like they are married to their careers and not each other....

my boy lived in spain for a while he said you can know someone for months and not even know what they do for a living......cause they are too busy living life......here it's what's your name what do you do? I have to decide if talking to you is worth my time...

this story is sad more than it is stupid....makes me think more and more about moving overseas

Very true. It's fukked up but what can you do? No way in hell I'd travel 4 hours a day. I don't care how much money it is.

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are so dumb. So you telling me they cant just rent somewhere each or find a roomate and break that $1500 up. 8 hrs, your essentially wasting your life for the chase of money....dummies

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is really something.
If she gets off at 5pm that means she doesn't get home until 9pm.
In order to get six hours of sleep she has to go to bed by 10pm to wake up at 4am.
That leaves only one hour day to spend with her spouse.
This type of schedule can not be good for a marriage.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I have one course left to graduate but they don't offer it in the summer. I checked other schools and for 6 weeks I would have to go twice a week to make a commute of 3 and a half to 4 hours. I was like forget that and I'll just go back I'm September for 3 months

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
uh, thats exactly what i said breh. he is the breadwinner if she only makes $35 /hr.
That's right. My bad.
She's making in the low 70's. They are probably, minimum, bringing in over $300,000 combined gross income. So you factor in the commute costs and they are still bringing in over $200,000 a year minus taxes and commuting costs. I'm guessing they a really nice home in the Philly area. Next door neighbor is probably Chip Kelly.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Not in the link below....but I read a few years ago about people literally hopping on airplanes going cross country or halfway across the country to work as a nurse in like San Francisco (higher salary, but higher cost of living) and staying there overnight for part of the week in a small apartment, but then going home to like Tampa Bay (lower salary as a nurse, lower cost of living) for the rest of the week.....

The Rise of the Super Commuter - Richard Florida - The Atlantic Cities
Super-commuting is on the rise, according to a fascinating new report by Mitchell Moss and Carson Qing of NYU's Rudin Center for Transportation Policy and Management.

super-commuters-1-600.jpg

I was in one the lounges at my school and I overheard a convo with a guy who was doing something similar. He had a job in Cali and was finishing his degree, taking a couple classes at my school (MD).

Only if I would have seen this article sooner, I just applied for something with the dept. of transportation and one of the things I wrote about was my interest in a high-speed rail system, this def would have been a good complimentary topic to discuss in that prompt. :bryan: