4 hour commute to work, $1500 spent a month

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
biggest problem in America we live to work instead of work to live.....that sounds like they are married to their careers and not each other....

my boy lived in spain for a while he said you can know someone for months and not even know what they do for a living......cause they are too busy living life......here it's what's your name what do you do? I have to decide if talking to you is worth my time...

this story is sad more than it is stupid....makes me think more and more about moving overseas

I agree sorta with you, but this is the easy going Spaniards last year, 2012, as "austerity" hits there peninsula....removing the welfare system that allows them to have some of that "free time"......and the austerity is not necessarily the fault of their welfare system, but updating the generalization you just made about Spanish work lifestyle... I visited for a week and really enjoyed the country...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwKt0C0gPCs"]Riots in Spain - September 25 2012 Spanish Protest the Proposed European Austerity - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
...He works at Standard & Poors on Wall Street, and she works at the Nuclear Energy Institute in downtown D.C., which offered a more manageable commute when she lived in Vienna, Va...
How did they meet or even have the time to meet up? Didn't they realize that the commute was going to be nuts? Probably e-harmony.com

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
They probably make a lot of money and have a bigger house than they couold get in NY or DC........ However they dont have the time to enjoy any of it

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
I agree sorta with you, but this is the easy going Spaniards last years as "austerity" hits there peninsula....removing the welfare system that allows to have some of that "free time"......and the austerity is not the necessarily the fault of their welfare system, but updating the generalization you just made about Spanish work lifestyle... I visited for a week and really enjoyed the country...

Violence Explodes with Rage & Riots across Spain as fears grow of Eurozone Crisis (Sept 26, 2012) - YouTube

Riots in Spain - September 25 2012 Spanish Protest the Proposed European Austerity - YouTube

at least they are passionate about having a real life to enjoy/better lifestyle

america indulges slacktivism and just go along with changes we lost the fight to go against the system

newworldafro

Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
...He works at Standard & Poors on Wall Street, and she works at the Nuclear Energy Institute in downtown D.C., which offered a more manageable commute when she lived in Vienna, Va...
How did they meet or even have the time to meet up? Didn't they realize that the commute was going to be nuts? Probably e-harmony.com

Get E-Harmonized brehs....

The funny part about this story is that they live in the Northeast Corridor which has the best regional public transit in the country...but it still takes a 4 hour commute.... ..maybe they need to move closer to the Amtrak or Marc Station in PA or MD.........I actually worked in Maryland for a year or so, and had to take the MARC and a bus ride to my job for awhile....it took around 2 /12 hours, when by car it was only 55 mins....however the bus ride went to outskirts of the county since the job site was in a relatively isolated location...that commute kinda sucked..

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
I agree sorta with you, but this is the easy going Spaniards last years as "austerity" hits there peninsula....removing the welfare system that allows to have some of that "free time"......and the austerity is not the necessarily the fault of their welfare system, but updating the generalization you just made about Spanish work lifestyle... I visited for a week and really enjoyed the country...

Violence Explodes with Rage & Riots across Spain as fears grow of Eurozone Crisis (Sept 26, 2012) - YouTube

Riots in Spain - September 25 2012 Spanish Protest the Proposed European Austerity - YouTube

That's why I intentionally made fun of him. These parasites who make these broad generalizations bordering anti-american, don't even own passports. If they had any idea of the realities and fragility of the European economic experiment, they wouldn't say such stupid things.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
They probably make a lot of money and have a bigger house than they couold get in NY or DC........ However they dont have the time to enjoy any of it

If they lived in Maryland, they could get a good house somewhere in PG County. Lots of deals out here breh... NOVA and MOCO ain't what's good.

One of them needs to quit and move to where the other works and find a job there. Her husband probably makes more money so they should move to Jersey or something.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You can write that shyt off for tax purposes, I don't know if that would recoup all your money back or not but you can at least do that. Your vehicle should be considered your business vehicle at that point.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
If they lived in Maryland, they could get a good house somewhere in PG County. Lots of deals out here breh... NOVA and MOCO ain't what's good.

One of them needs to quit and move to where the other works and find a job there. Her husband probably makes more money so they should move to Jersey or something.
I have met a few people who do this in the DC area, and thats what they tell me, the houses in the pennsylvania suburbs are cheaper and you get more for your money..

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
You can write that shyt off for tax purposes, I don't know if that would recoup all your money back or not but you can at least do that. Your vehicle should be considered your business vehicle at that point.
Nope, you can't write off your personal car as a business expense for going to work. I have a one hour commute so I looked up the itemized expense rules on that.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That bytch needs to get a govt job in ny. Or one of them needs to just have a weekday pad in the city of their job. In either case, that's stupid.

newworldafro

Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Not in the link below....but I read a few years ago about people literally hopping on airplanes going cross country or halfway across the country to work as a nurse in like San Francisco (higher salary, but higher cost of living) and staying there overnight for part of the week in a small apartment, but then going home to like Tampa Bay (lower salary as a nurse, lower cost of living) for the rest of the week.....

The Rise of the Super Commuter - Richard Florida - The Atlantic Cities
Super-commuting is on the rise, according to a fascinating new report by Mitchell Moss and Carson Qing of NYU's Rudin Center for Transportation Policy and Management.

The report defines a "super-commuter" as someone who commutes from one metro to another by car, rail, bus, or air, identifying them with the U.S. Census OnTheMap tool. The report tracked the trends in the nation's ten largest metros with the exception of Washington, D.C., where data was unavailable.
Despite the image of high-priced executives and consultants zipping across the country on planes, the report finds that super-commuters tend to be younger (under 29) and middle class on average. And while they bring in a higher income, they should not be confused with elite business travelers, the report's authors write:

super-commuters-1-600.jpg

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Nope, you can't write off your personal car as a business expense for going to work. I have a one hour commute so I looked up the itemized expense rules on that.

You're right, I forgot you can only write it off if it's for your own small business. Normal commutes aren't covered unless your business has you temporarily working at a different location.