4 hour commute to work, $1500 spent a month

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:smh:

Her company doesn't have any kind of living arrangement to remedy that? They won't let her work remotely some days of the week? They don't have any corporate housing around the facility for her to stay during the week?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Traffic is fukkin ridiculous out here as is, so deciding to move further out is dumb as fukk. I live 10 minutes from Southeast DC but whenever I gotta go to work in downtown in the morning I gotta leave the house at least 2 hours ahead to get to work on time and its a 25 minute ride. I wish I knew the answer, I would say more Metro but they prices is like gas prices now. :snoop:

I'm lucky to have parking IN DC itself. $40 a month for 24/7 access to the garage at my job

My job is only 16 miles but it takes 45 minutes and 25 of those minutes is just navigating from South Dakota Ave to 16th street :damn: That's only like 4 miles

Living in PG County though >>> Montgomery County with regards to traffic. I can also take the green line but I don't feel like using more money to commute when all I gotta worry about is gas.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
:smh:

Her company doesn't have any kind of living arrangement to remedy that? They won't let her work remotely some days of the week? They don't have any corporate housing around the facility for her to stay during the week?

they must have a telecommute policy... SO MANY people in DC tele work... its kind of ridiculous

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I'm lucky to have parking IN DC itself. $40 a month for 24/7 access to the garage at my job

My job is only 16 miles but it takes 45 minutes and 25 of those minutes is just navigating from South Dakota Ave to 16th street :damn: That's only like 4 miles

Living in PG County though >>> Montgomery County with regards to traffic. I can also take the green line but I don't feel like using more money to commute when all I gotta worry about is gas.

My parking free like shyt. :whew:

If I had to actually park on the street I'd take Metro cuz it wouldn't even be worth it to drive, look everywhere for parking, park in cramped uncomfortable spaces, then have to check a meter all day.

But your right, PG is the most ideal spot. That's not to say it isn't congested, 210 is not to be fukked with at rush hour time. But NoVA is by far the worst traffic. I be driving by :heh: at that huge ass line of cars all going to VA at the same time.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why do all that when they could just replace her?

they must have a telecommute policy... SO MANY people in DC tele work... its kind of ridiculous

I can't feel sorry for them because there are other companies who do compensate for shyt like that.

Plus, why would anyone even agree to do that everyday? She would work for a company that's local or one that pays for travel and hotel/corporate housing.

little4209

All Star
Daps
My job moved from Allentown, PA to King of Prussia, PA and 4 of my co-workers commute about 1 1/2 -2 hours....i had to make that commute for a month before they transferred..Thank God because using my paycheck for gas and ez pass is not the business.....

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
fukking ridiculous. if I HAD to work that far from the crib, I'd take 1/2 of that $1500 and find a roommate to share rent with so I could stay close to the gig 3-4 days a week. cuz that shyt is not manageable.

also, I'd hit up the boss and ask if there were ways to be in the office less often like work from home. her job must be low paying if there isn't any flexibility with these things.

for my job, it takes about 1:15 each way to drive.

and when I take the public transportation it takes 1:30 each way.

but then again, I only come to work 4 days a week, and on days when I'm off site, I go in late and leave early and don't have a commute really. and also, taking the train to and from work is relaxing as I can either sleep, listen to music, watch movies or read, so that's stress free. plus it only cost about $2 each way when I take public transport, so its easy as hell on my pockets.

also, I like working off site. one of our corporate offices is 40 miles each way from my office. but I go there straight from my crib which is only 25 miles and NEVER any traffic. so just from that trip alone, I'm looking at $50 on my expense report alone each month. and dont let me have to go there multiple times in a month. which I am doing this month.!