Votes: 12 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Fights all about distance to me, if Ryan can keep tank at an uncomfortable distance he can win. I rewatched a few Ryan fights I think his distance control is actually slightly underrated. He needs to make tank pay when he's lunging

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Exactly, the "Undisputed" fight in May is the one with zero buzz.

I don't think the boxing purist want to accept we are in a new day. This new wave is going to open the door for a UFC or UFC type org to come in with their own belt or partner with a Sanctioning Body and pretty much "force" the big fights and leverage social media for star creation.

Its a gift and curse as it will be its own universe thus all the bullshyt we see with your Spence vs Bud type situations are over.

If Tank vs Devin fought right now Tank is the A side with zero belts and 90% of the actual people who will pay for the event whether in person or ppv doesn't give a shyt about what the purist have to say.

Devin is the youngest undisputed champ in the 4 belt era and nobody cares. there are tons of 60 dollar tickets avail for his fight while the Tank fight literally was like a Jordan sneaker release with an online queue.
This is all facts.

For all the shyt people give ryan garcia for being a social media boxer, he understands how to work social media to promote himself. He's about to make 8 figures in a fight most boxing fans don't feel he deserves.

I see alot of boxers poking fun at dude for the social media shyt, but maybe they should be taking notes because it seems like social media is the way forward for boxing hype.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This is all facts.

For all the shyt people give ryan garcia for being a social media boxer, he understands how to work social media to promote himself. He's about to make 8 figures in a fight most boxing fans don't feel he deserves.

I see alot of boxers poking fun at dude for the social media shyt, but maybe they should be taking notes because it seems like social media is the way forward for boxing hype.

look at how dudes are holding HW, Welter, and LHW Undisputed Hostage lmfao, all that legacy shyt is cap in 2023. If you can't sell nobody cares.

Look At Bud Crawford's career, dude can't even sell out a bingo hall if its outside of Omaha yet things he should get 20ms.

Canelo and Floyd the only two of the current Modern era who balanced legacy AND commercial success and honestly after them I don't think we will see it again. We are in a new day. I'm sure it legit hurts Devin all he accomplished and nobody gives a shyt.

I`m all for dudes getting paid because boxing is dangerous and dudes put their lives on the line BUT as someone running a business the ROI is not there what so ever and most these dudes have the personality of a fukking wall.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
look at how dudes are holding HW, Welter, and LHW Undisputed Hostage lmfao, all that legacy shyt is cap in 2023. If you can't sell nobody cares.

Look At Bud Crawford's career, dude can't even sell out a bingo hall if its outside of Omaha yet things he should get 20ms.

Canelo and Floyd the only two of the current Modern era who balanced legacy AND commercial success and honestly after them I don't think we will see it again. We are in a new day. I'm sure it legit hurts Devin all he accomplished and nobody gives a shyt.

I`m all for dudes getting paid because boxing is dangerous and dudes put their lives on the line BUT as someone running a business the ROI is not there what so ever and most these dudes have the personality of a fukking wall.
Dark days when fukking Jake and Logan Paul are bringing in the most money in boxing.

:francis:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Dark days when fukking Jake and Logan Paul are bringing in the most money in boxing.

:francis:
I remember UFC mentioning wanting to enter boxing + the WWF merger lol. Them folks know how to create characters so just wait and see especially if they have the Arabs behind them where profits aren't a big deal for the next decade.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Fights all about distance to me, if Ryan can keep tank at an uncomfortable distance he can win. I rewatched a few Ryan fights I think his distance control is actually slightly underrated. He needs to make tank pay when he's lunging
Problem is his footwork is so clunky

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Exactly, the "Undisputed" fight in May is the one with zero buzz.

I don't think the boxing purist want to accept we are in a new day. This new wave is going to open the door for a UFC or UFC type org to come in with their own belt or partner with a Sanctioning Body and pretty much "force" the big fights and leverage social media for star creation.

Its a gift and curse as it will be its own universe thus all the bullshyt we see with your Spence vs Bud type situations are over.

If Tank vs Devin fought right now Tank is the A side with zero belts and 90% of the actual people who will pay for the event whether in person or ppv doesn't give a shyt about what the purist have to say.

Devin is the youngest undisputed champ in the 4 belt era and nobody cares. there are tons of 60 dollar tickets avail for his fight while the Tank fight literally was like a Jordan sneaker release with an online queue.

I agree with you for the most part…part of the blame is on these boxers. They are shyt at self promoting. Shakur and Haney is boring ass hell jn and outside the ring.

But we got to call a spade a spade..we are talking about 2 guys fighting who are outside the top 5 at both 135/140. Who both had no intention of fighting decent comp..y’all gas shyt like this up but at the end of the day these guys fought carefully curated competition for years on end. They finally fighting decent comp each other.

But I put blame on the other fighters who don’t promote but I don’t think the Tank/Garcia career buildup is the wave either. Both are 2 extreme sides of the coin..

Who cares how much these guys get paid when they ain’t even fighting the best of the best.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I agree with you for the most part…part of the blame is on these boxers. They are shyt at self promoting. Shakur and Haney is boring ass hell jn and outside the ring.

But we got to call a spade a spade..we are talking about 2 guys fighting who are outside the top 5 at both 135/140. Who both had no intention of fighting decent comp..y’all gas shyt like this up but at the end of the day these guys fought carefully curated competition for years on end. They finally fighting decent comp each other.

But I put blame on the other fighters who don’t promote but I don’t think the Tank/Garcia career buildup is the wave either. Both are 2 extreme sides of the coin..

Who cares how much these guys get paid when they ain’t even fighting the best of the best.
I`m not anti building up fighters in order to showcase their ability and then kick off the big fights.

Boxing is too much of a free for all which can be a gift and curse.

Yeah we want athletes to be empowered but because Boxing isn't a formal league and you can't "own" a stable of fighters, the sport simply sucks ass to be a fan of. Unless you are doing it illegally you looking at dropping damn near 100 MINIMUM for every event you want to see, and then let's not talk major fights. Its one thing if Boxing was like UFC where a stable of fighters fight all over the country but all fights are concentrated pretty much to LA/NYC/Vegas thus you gotta drop a bag to see anything in person.

People train and do sports to make a living, the glory is the icing on the cake but there is a segment of fans who want the glory to be everything and the ROI isn't there for the people who take on the cost to stage the event.

Like I said it's the gift and curse of how the sport is structured. Why take on big fights when you can make Ms doing nothing? The Boxing HOF aint helping nikkas with CTE either lol.