Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Yooooo I was thinking the same exact thing. Imagine a proper 24/7…instead we get these guys talking to each other on IG the week of the fight. It’s a reflection of the world today but damn this shyt has basically been reduced to some Jake Paul style marketing and they’re not even doing it right
Too many people around who don't know how to market boxing right, as far as production and building up fighters and fighter story. Lampley would have had a segment on the fight and would have known how to FRAME the story. That's what these networks don't know how to do now. There isn't much context given to really get the viewers imagination going. It's why HBO could take an imperfect, multiple loss fighter like Arturo Gatti and make him into a hero. Networks nowadays would never be able to do that.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Nobody hid, I willingly left...I'm not married to one thread

Congrats on Russ Baby Hair Wilson 2.0 getting an extension that will cripple my team's ability to allocate resources to the def tho :wow:
:heh: well then breh..i look forward to explaining to you the reasons why ryan lost following the fight..a breakdown if you will

and yes Jalen the QB Gawd signed through 2028...SBs incoming...youre going to love it :ohlawd:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
The promo and lead up to this fight has been mad underwhelming
because you are selling a fight with a bunch of underachievers who have social media followings..no belts nor are they p4p talents

HBO though would have found some way to market this like it was something HUGE!!

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Y’all are being nostalgic. On social media, which is the real media today, fight is everywhere.
I don't think we are. There is a noticeable drop off in production and commentating from HBO to Dazn and especially ESPN. I can't stand watching fights on ESPN anymore.

Just watch this segment and compare it to Teofimo Lopez and Josh Taylor from last weekend :scust:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I don't think we are. There is a noticeable drop off in production and commentating from HBO to Dazn and especially ESPN. I can't stand watching fights on ESPN anymore.

Just watch this segment and compare it to Teofimo Lopez and Josh Taylor from last weekend :scust:

Nah ESPN quality has gone done so much it doesn’t make sense by

But this is similar quality to the 24/7s and probably similar viewers

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Agree.

Casuals are on this fight like white on rice. That's always a good indication of its buzz.

Exactly, the "Undisputed" fight in May is the one with zero buzz.

I don't think the boxing purist want to accept we are in a new day. This new wave is going to open the door for a UFC or UFC type org to come in with their own belt or partner with a Sanctioning Body and pretty much "force" the big fights and leverage social media for star creation.

Its a gift and curse as it will be its own universe thus all the bullshyt we see with your Spence vs Bud type situations are over.

If Tank vs Devin fought right now Tank is the A side with zero belts and 90% of the actual people who will pay for the event whether in person or ppv doesn't give a shyt about what the purist have to say.

Devin is the youngest undisputed champ in the 4 belt era and nobody cares. there are tons of 60 dollar tickets avail for his fight while the Tank fight literally was like a Jordan sneaker release with an online queue.