4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I agree. It was a terrible plan and I'm saying this as a Haney fan.

But there isn't a fighter in the world that would say that Garcia not making weight didn't make a difference.

Shakur Stevenson and Haney don't see eye to eye at all and while he gave Garcia his props, he also said it made a difference.

bochachuk said so too, the shytty part about this is Ryan going to get respected for it.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
bochachuk said so too, the shytty part about this is Ryan going to get respected for it.

Lmfao man this shyt makes Tank and his team look better. We gotta realize Ryan has NEVER fought at 140. He kept using these 143 catch weights i want to say his fight before tank was a weird catch weight too i could be wrong

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Yea Ryan was still ineffective for like 70% of this fight. Haneys chin made that other 30% look like :whew: tho
I didn’t come away from this fight thinking Garcia is going dominate 140, I came away knowing I can’t trust Haney to survive hard shots from anyone with power. If dude chin was just avg he probably wins this fight by multiple rounds. Ryan fought in spurts and he only needed like 4 - 5 opportunities to really let his hands go and hurt Haney

agree with this post. How i had it…

Round 1: 10-9 Garcia
Round 2-5: 10-9 Haney
Round 6: 10-9 Garcia
Round 7: 10-9 Garcia
Round 8 and 9: 10-9 Haney
Round 10 and 11: 10-8 Garcia
Round 12: 10-9 Haney

Neither looked good in this fight tbh

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
agree with this post. How i had it…

Round 1: 10-9 Garcia
Round 2-5: 10-9 Haney
Round 6: 10-9 Garcia
Round 7: 10-9 Garcia
Round and 9: 10-9 Haney
Round 10 and 11: 10-8 Garcia
Round 12: 10-9 Haney

Neither looked good in this fight tbh
Round 10 had to be 9-8 but everything else is about right

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Hopefully this is a lesson and ends the "My favorite Boxer can do no wrong" era. But probably not

Every fighter has flaws and it's ok for someone to point them out. The constant d.ick ridding of Haney is why everyone is so shocked. It's ok for your favorite fighter to have flaws. If this ends, we can have objective Boxing matchup breakdown without any emotional responses of "You a hater bro" because someone doesn't d.ick ride your favorite fighter like you do

This is the exact reason why Ryan Garcia dominated this fight in the 1st place. Teddy Atlas just mentioned last night. The Haney's didn't RESPECT Ryan Garcia's skills and what he brought to the table. They let the internet groupies gas Haney up to not actually have a real gameplan and thought they were going to get a victory off of Ryan Garcia's 11 million Instagram followers and neglected everything about Ryan. If breaking down Stylistic matchup as more praised, we wouldn't have fights and reactions to fights like this

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I still don't think there's a problem with Haney's chin. If a fighter gets hit flush by a known nikka that can crack, he's going to get hurt. That's SOP in boxing except for those rate fighters that have iron chins. Those shots Haney ate would put down just about anybody at 40, especially against a fighter that already came in 3 lbs over on weigh-in. Everything else I agree with though.

Ryan didn't look special, Haney fought a stupid fight. Even then he was winning the fight until he got really hurt on that first kd. Why you would stand in front of a known puncher and leave yourself wide open for the one weapon he's really known for. Once Haney was hurt he was pretty much food, but still managed to win a few rds. I'd still like to see a rematch and think it would be entertaining.
Haney was stunned once or twice by Loma, so I'd say that his chin is most likely a weakness:pachaha:

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
I agree. One thing we’ve seen with Devin is that he makes no adjustments in the fight so if Plan A isn’t working it’s just survival mode. Bill has to do what’s best and take a step back. You can’t train 3 months for a left hook and get caught by it over and over again with no counter.

Big Floyd was the one who had Devin as a young pup and if he stuck with him (for as long as Big Floyd was able to train physically) he would probably be better defensively.
Yea facts and He did like one round. I forgot which and literally as soon as the round was over , he come out the gate getting fukked up with that left hook reverting back to before :why:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Hopefully this is a lesson and ends the "My favorite Boxer can do no wrong" era. But probably not

Every fighter has flaws and it's ok for someone to point them out. The constant d.ick ridding of Haney is why everyone is so shocked. It's ok for your favorite fighter to have flaws. If this ends, we can have objective Boxing matchup breakdown without any emotional responses of "You a hater bro" because someone doesn't d.ick ride your favorite fighter like you do

This is the exact reason why Ryan Garcia dominated this fight in the 1st place. Teddy Atlas just mentioned last night. The Haney's didn't RESPECT Ryan Garcia's skills and what he brought to the table. They let the internet groupies gas Haney up to not actually have a real gameplan and thought they were going to get a victory off of Ryan Garcia's 11 million Instagram followers and neglected everything about Ryan. If breaking down Stylistic matchup as more praised, we wouldn't have fights and reactions to fights like this
I disagree

I think that the Haneys knew Ryan was on some bullshyt with the antics and that he wasnt to be taken lightly; they just thought they were better anyways and couldnt FULLY make out what he was up to