4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
he a 15 time national amateur champ and got 3 wins off haney in the ams. Mfs really tried to act like he was an influencer more than boxer either to spite tank or out of ignorance. Antics aside that boy is dangerous
Let’s be real here, Ryan can’t box. His movement is awful, he can’t throw a jab, he telegraphs his punches, doesn’t moves his head whatsoever and gasses out easily. He has power and size but we’re not about to act like we didn’t see him look like trash half the night lol.

I think Teo sleeps him, Loma outboxes him and we saw what Tank would do to him.
Yeah, I don’t know what some of them see is Shakur. He’s a talented guy, but he has his serious deficiencies too. His chief ones being power and his unwillingness to punch with guys as they’re punching. At some point, he’s going to run into someone he has to just outfight. Not outbox. Outfight. Since everyone likes to compare all the 140-147 fighters to Floyd, when Floyd fought someone like Cotto, he didn’t outbox him. He outfought him off the ropes, as Cotto kept cornering him. Cotto didn’t come on some, I’m going to let you box me tonight, patty cake shyt.

I really don’t see Shakur has a boxer with that in his toolkit.
I think Shakur has the ability to fight and make it ugly. He does like violence more than the average fighter but I think he gets gun shy when he feels someone with a little pop.

He’s naturally stronger than Haney so Ryan won’t be able to bully him like he did Devin, but we don’t know if he has a chin or not at this point.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
3lbs, while classless and totally fukked up, did not cause Haney to lose.

He has a ceiling lower than folks wanna admit and that's it.
Man, shut the fukk up.

If Garcia had to sweat off the extra 3 pounds, how do you think it'd affect his strengths and conditioning in the fight.

If Haney didn't have to sweat off 3 more pounds, how much do you think it would improve his strength and conditioning?

Spectators can be so full of shyt. You'll fawn over Garcia bullying him, Haney not being able to withstand his power but then immediately discount coming in overweight as a factor.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
This baffled me the most.

He seemed to just... Go out there and get wacked with the same shyt repeatedly. No answers. I thought they'd be sharper than that or atleast adjust.
When

Bhop
Marquez
Ward

All got dropped and came back and won their fights (sometimes in dominating fashion) you clearly saw their brain in real time downloading information and turning the corner.

This nikka low-key is dumb in the ring

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Man, shut the fukk up.

If Garcia had to sweat off the extra 3 pounds, how do you think it'd affect his strengths and conditioning in the fight.

If Haney didn't have to sweat off 3 more pounds, how much do you think it would improve his strength and conditioning?

Spectators can be so full of shyt. You'll fawn over Garcia bullying him, Haney not being able to withstand his power but then immediately discount coming in overweight as a factor.

The 3lbs didn't suddenly make Haney not fight like a freaking moron man.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The 3lbs didn't suddenly make Haney not fight like a freaking moron man.
I agree. One thing we’ve seen with Devin is that he makes no adjustments in the fight so if Plan A isn’t working it’s just survival mode. Bill has to do what’s best and take a step back. You can’t train 3 months for a left hook and get caught by it over and over again with no counter.

Big Floyd was the one who had Devin as a young pup and if he stuck with him (for as long as Big Floyd was able to train physically) he would probably be better defensively.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
140 fellas :blessed:. I thought Haney would just box his way to a win off his jab. I still don’t believe in Ryan’s footwork but after that first hook he should’ve adjusted. Idk how and why he didn’t make adjustments. Congrats to Ryan but if he would’ve made weight he would have a title right now. Devin still young but this was not a good look. Ryan moves up so it will be interesting to see what route he goes.