4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
I missed the entire fight but I gotta say, Man I been wanting Dev to call off this fight since Ryan backed out the 1st time but I knew the greed, clout, and ego wouldn't allow him to do it.. When Ryan came in 3 lbs overweight I got very nervous and knew this was gonna be an issue because I never once believed Ryan was crazy.. Im positive this shyt was planned for him to not give a fukk about making weight and come in Heavy AF to get an advantage.. what I've learned from this isn that nobody really cares about anything other than the result at the end of the day.. fighters cheating or having advantages doesn't matter as long as they get away with it.. History only cares about who won and lost

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Head games ain't win him the fight, you still have to beat the man.

Gotta Give some credit to Derrick James for the game plan, they had something waiting for Haney every time he gained some momentum.
What game plan? Garcia looked like he always does.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I mean you have to be smart, Vernon Forest, Winky, and Floyd shutdown Mosley and he was 10 x better than Garcia. Devin was just an idiot, defensive awareness was low, breh was in the pocket with his hands too low, standing/posing in front of Garcia with no action, all of that is a recipe for disaster against someone with faster hands. Should have been an easy fight by just sticking to the fundamentals.
But Mayweather and Vernon Forest have one punch, heavy power as well.

Mayweather especially has fast hands on top of it. That's a big part to his success, especially when he was menacing at the lower weights when he looked unbeatable.

Fighting IQ is important, but physicality means so much in combat sports. Like Mayweather's strength and quick hands were key in clinches and close-quarters.

Last edited:
Daps
GLpzdjOWYAAvxV9

lol
This is why you DON'T bet!!

Not sure if this is you or not but he probably seen it as a guaranteed way to flip his money...

Cot dayum, it looks like breh took out a mortgage on his house

:mjlol:

Gains

Superstar
Daps
I missed the entire fight but I gotta say, Man I been wanting Dev to call off this fight since Ryan backed out the 1st time but I knew the greed, clout, and ego wouldn't allow him to do it.. When Ryan came in 3 lbs overweight I got very nervous and knew this was gonna be an issue because I never once believed Ryan was crazy.. Im positive this shyt was planned for him to not give a fukk about making weight and come in Heavy AF to get an advantage.. what I've learned from this isn that nobody really cares about anything other than the result at the end of the day.. fighters cheating or having advantages doesn't matter as long as they get away with it.. History only cares about who won and lost

I understand why Tanks team had Ryan fight at a catch weight and Oscar lost his shyt after Ryan agreed

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Devin prob comes back and defends against sandor end of year
he will beat any mexican puerto rican colombian etc

they have a style..

but ryan the ted cruz of this shyt.. who has no allegiance to a country ...will get em...every time...

why devin fought in Ciudad Juárez....Heroica Veracruz n shyt..

haney n spence the same fighter.. raised fight mexicans hell even trained with them

one style and cant adjust..

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Tonight we truly saw the difference between pure natual God given talent vs someone who works hard. Some things you can't teach, you have to be born with it.

Ryan's left hook is unreal......Devin despite doing everything right, just doesn't have power and doesn't have a chin.
its weird because he looked like he had power against regis and wobbled him several times