4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
My biggest concern with Haney is he doesn't have confidence in his chin. He can sharpen his defense up for sure, but he looks like he's scared to commit against quick fighters because he's worried about what's coming back at him.
I actually think he has too much respect for his chin, he went to thr center of the ring like he had Ryan's power. His best rounds was when he stayed away from that left and held his right hand high. Ryan's jabs was fast af great gameplanning by derrick James ngl he's worked him well. Fights like this dangerous because it's clear to me they didn't respect Ryan as a fighter, and Ryan doesn't respect business of boxing ( belts). Sometimes you need a L go get better but this a dirty game where losing matters

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Most disturbing with Devin was not that he lost but it's the fact that he has absolutely zero adjustments.

That's the shocking part and that's going to be ultimately his downfall going forward when he gets violently knocked out
Not s p4p fighter

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It's definitely not true all the time, but I just think thicker, tankier fighters who happen to have heavy and quick hands have such an innate advantage over other fighters more times than not.

You're just favored in basically every exchange.
I mean you have to be smart, Vernon Forest, Winky, and Floyd shutdown Mosley and he was 10 x better than Garcia. Devin was just an idiot, defensive awareness was low, breh was in the pocket with his hands too low, standing/posing in front of Garcia with no action, all of that is a recipe for disaster against someone with faster hands. Should have been an easy fight by just sticking to the fundamentals.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
At the end of the day regarding Haney and really many talented boxers - it's just really difficult when your power doesn't scale and the other fighter can brush your punches off.

You can have all the wonderful boxing skills in the world, but when someone doesn't respect your power and has a lot of it, you're in for a really difficult fight.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Most disturbing with Devin was not that he lost but it's the fact that he has absolutely zero adjustments.

That's the shocking part and that's going to be ultimately his downfall going forward when he gets violently knocked out
I had him a slight favorite against teo simply due to styles but his bad habits has me reevluating

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Ryan got in Haney head and played him… acted crazy and knew Haney would start to say Garcia to pull out. Garcia planned all along to come over wieght and knew since Haney kept saying Garcia would pull out, that Haney wouldn’t stomach saying he would pull out.

Head games ain't win him the fight, you still have to beat the man.

Gotta Give some credit to Derrick James for the game plan, they had something waiting for Haney every time he gained some momentum.