[4/10/24] AEW Dynamite/Rampage: Lordy, I hope there are tapes - All In backstage footage to be released

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Becky has never cut a promo this good. Tony Khan just needs to give Mercedes something to do...

Simple easy babyface struggle promo. Not a worked shoot.

This year was the only time I looked forward to Mercedes mic work. I don't know why we're not getting this level of confidence right now.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
@StatUS are you trying to tell me that Becky promo is better than the Sasha promo I posted? We gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.... :manny:
You posted a worked shoot were she's tripping over her words. The promo I posted is actually a babyface promo that's delivered concisely. I don't need to post anything else cause Sasha was never good on the mic at that time lol.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London

This about sums it up the mark response tbh. Tony looking disgusted at the top heels in the company cutting a promo means he's not enjoying his job anymore. :pachaha:

The marks see all this and hate on the Bucks, which considering they're currently playing Heel caricatures of what everyone thinks they're like as EVPs is... exactly what they're supposed to be doing. :sas1:

That whole shyt wasn't anything about making Punk look bad in reality... all the "smarks" have just fallen for the EVPs motivations as if they're not playing characters. The whole point is that is was petty bullshyt that doesn't even provide them a valid excuse for losing to FTR let alone warrant being shown with a bunch of fanfare on Wednesday night in reaction to an ex employees podcast interview.

What IS worth spending time on is making people hate the top fukking heels in the company.

Cashing in somehow on some bullshyt that half the biz-marks said they should've cashed in already by keeping someone who by his own admission didn't give a fukk anymore in the locker room.

Jack is playing heel with the most hateable chickenshyt stable in NJPW and they've shown him to be a cocky loudmouth who can't back his mouth up whilst claiming him as they're own. Could be ready made Dom-type heat IF they play it right on his return and he's learnt enough in Japan. :yeshrug:

FTR are just playing everyone else in this whole mess - disgusted by the Bucks making AEW all about themselves and their petty, indie bullshyt - seems like Copeland and probably all the decent faces might join them - they're all going to kick the Bucks and Jack's asses for us.

This sort of entry-level fukkery is good for wrestling and I won't be convinced otherwise.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Overall was a pretty mid Dynamite though. Cope/Penta was weirdly disappointing for how long it went. Swerve and Ospreay promos were decent.

Mariah May and Anna Jay probably had the best match, but wasn't exactly a barn burner.

I hope they're moving pieces into place for stuff at the moment, but apart from the Bucks/FTR progression this episode was pretty meh.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Overall was a pretty mid Dynamite though. Cope/Penta was weirdly disappointing for how long it went. Swerve and Ospreay promos were decent.

Mariah May and Anna Jay probably had the best match, but wasn't exactly a barn burner.

I hope they're moving pieces into place for stuff at the moment, but apart from the Bucks/FTR progression this episode was pretty meh.
You didn’t like Edge/Penta but praise Jay/May? :dwillhuh: :mjlol:

I thought the ep was decent, but the weakest since probably one of the shows from Jan/Feb.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
You didn’t like Edge/Penta but praise Jay/May? :dwillhuh: :mjlol:

I thought the ep was decent, but the weakest since probably one of the shows from Jan/Feb.

Eh, I was hyped to see Cope/Penta but it just never took off for me. I was shoveling Nandos into my face at that point tbh. Maybe not paying good enough attention.