32 hour 4 day work week study was a huge success in the U.K.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
id even be down 4x10 hour days... but US gon "capital"

Daps
While i agree that 4 day work week will do a lot for the workforce morale and cut the companies general overhead ( less utilities used, less security manpower, less food expense if the comapny does that, etc), i can see how upper management would look at these studies side eye if they only use surface level metrics and only interview the workforce.

It will always be fukk management. But they are really doing there best to hold on to traditional sense of the workforce. Any jolt (like covid) to that mechanism, has them scared in loosing total control.
It's because they overestimate how much time they spent working on the way up the ladder.

Boomers and older Xers schmoozed A LOT, plus travel/work trips, golf course, meetings etc. Lots of time doing work-related shyt but not 40 hrs/week of real work.

Millenials and Gen Z are cutting the bull down to how much actual time is needed specifically for work.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I'd even be cool with 4 day, 10 hr shifts. I'm a machinist and the parts I run allow me to sit on my ass half the time.

shyt, I'd be cool with 3 day, 12 hrs shifts. I could give up 4 hrs of pay to have 4 days off

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
The UAW is about attempt to negotiate a 4 day work week.. They say that EVs are the future and are 30% easier to make. So that 30% less work will equal a 4 day work week.
I would definitely hope for this.

Me and the wife were passing through Bloomington-Normal and we saw the old Mitsubishi plant. I guess some EV company bought the buildings, now they make Amazon trucks and that one electric truck. I forget the name

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
MARKETS

Steve Cohen predicts 4 day workweeks will be the norm for many​

The increasing presence of artificial intelligence will likely also contribute to a shorter work week, as well as the fact there are generally lower productivity levels on Friday, Cohen said.

Cohen’s family office Cohen Private Ventures bought the rights to the New York Team in the new primetime, high-tech golf league. According to reports, Cohen is in talks to also invest in the PGA Tour.

He added that although he isn’t sure when exactly the shift will take place, he believes the four-day work week is imminent.

“I just think it’s an eventuality. … That’s just going into a theme of more leisure for people, which means golf rounds that go up, interest will go up, [and] I guess courses will be crowded,” said Cohen.