32 hour 4 day work week study was a huge success in the U.K.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Hopefully they getting paid enough for that to make sense, got a homie in London now constantly telling me how rough it is finding housing there, but since London is the only major city for a lot of industries there they kinda don't have a choice.

She's working a salary job but I'd imagine the people working hourly would get fukked over unless the wage jumped up significantly OR the ridiculous cost of living went down

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Hopefully they getting paid enough for that to make sense, got a homie in London now constantly telling me how rough it is finding housing there, but since London is the only major city for a lot of industries there they kinda don't have a choice.

She's working a salary job but I'd imagine the people working hourly would get fukked over unless the wage jumped up significantly OR the ridiculous cost of living went down
According to the study the pay and benefits at least for those works is the same. Essentially a weekly paid holiday.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Not surprising, at all.

Think about the work you manage to achieve before going on vacation. Work is a bit like marathon in the sense that people pace themselves. You set a time limit, they will crank up the pace.

And it is stupid taking the approach that, "If they can get this much done in 32 hours, they should get this much done in 40". There's only so much someone can accomplish before burning out.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas

It’s a fantasy land scenario where the few companies that can make it work are fine, but it ain’t scalable to hourly employees or 24 hour businesses or companies that require round the clock support

Daps
Researchers: "Hey....American CEO's, do you wanna increase profits by 20 to 30% without creating anything new or having to do layoffs?"

CEO:
oh-hell-yeah-stone-cold.gif

Researchers: "Well, all you gotta do is let employees work 32-hr weeks and your metrics across the board will improve dramatically."

CEO:
stunner-stone-cold-steve-austin.gif

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
32 is still a bit much.

I'm telling you, a 15-hour work week base would probably keep things mostly stable or improve productivity.

5 x 3-hour days.

or

3 x 5-hour days every other day.

or

Go full remote.

Overtime when you need it for some more engaging/complex projects.

Most companies would run great.

Also there are genetic studies that show some people are not morning people.
So having everyone in office at a certain time early?
Also inefficient as you're missing a lot of potential talent and talent not working at their best.
Let people work the hours best for them, give them deadlines and they'll communicate to sync up and work things out.

Last edited:

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Researchers: "Hey....American CEO's, do you wanna increase profits by 20 to 30% without creating anything new or having to do layoffs?"

CEO:
oh-hell-yeah-stone-cold.gif

Researchers: "Well, all you gotta do is let employees work 32-hr weeks and your metrics across the board will improve dramatically."

CEO:
stunner-stone-cold-steve-austin.gif
While i agree that 4 day work week will do a lot for the workforce morale and cut the companies general overhead ( less utilities used, less security manpower, less food expense if the comapny does that, etc), i can see how upper management would look at these studies side eye if they only use surface level metrics and only interview the workforce.

It will always be fukk management. But they are really doing there best to hold on to traditional sense of the workforce. Any jolt (like covid) to that mechanism, has them scared in loosing total control.

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
There were American companies testing 4 day work weeks last year and they showed good results as well.

Maryland was going to offer companies tax breaks for participating but the bill was withdrawn in favor of studying 4 day work weeks instead. :comeon:

Supporters including the Women’s Law Center of Maryland testified to two Maryland legislative committees last month about the benefits of promoting shortened work weeks, such as increased employee productivity and retention and decreased burnout and use of sick days. :obama:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to work 4x10 when I worked for the county.

It was the best schedule ever, especially since I had to commute to the office, so it saved an extra day of the commute. I would gladly stay another 2 hours a day Monday-Thursday to have Friday off.