TheSickness

I'll be seeing y'all neggas on the streets
Daps
Reppin
Is that Horse? It must be i heard he husky
Don't get me wrong. The guy is talented, but leave it up to some of you weak-minded fukks to exaggerate his skills and make hyperbolic statements about his albums/mixtapes.

He is not even a top 50 emcee, let alone the GOAT. Only reason he is considered such is because he emerged at a time when the rap game was at one of its lowest points, and a lot of you so-called die-hard hip hop fans were begging for some kind of "lyrical savior" to resurrect hip-hop. Funny I say that since if you were a REAL fan of hip hop, you'd already be aware of many underground powerhouse lyricists that Kendrick pales in comparison to.

But Interscope/Iovine places some mediocre emcee (at BEST) in the forefront and markets him as the best thing since sliced bread and you all lose your gotdamn minds, even comparing him to some of the greats which is downright blasphemous.
I have agreed with this since 2011, i mean the guy is good but for god sake get off his dikk, Ab-Soul (from his camp) is a better rapper than he is. Plus Kendrick would get murdered by people like Elzhi, Crooked I, Royce da 5'9", Copywrite etc.

Kendrick fans do take this award easily.I salute you for speaking the truth, dear sir.
:salute:
The level of musicality/production alone on those albums kills 99% of 90s albums. If you disagree with this, you either too nostalgic or just lying to yourself.
Oh word? :youngsabo: Is it because in 90% of the times they didn't have 10000 dollar per hour studio musicians ready to replay samples?
I don't think you agree with yourself on this one.
I smell:troll:

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
I have agreed with this since 2011, i mean the guy is good but for god sake get off his dikk, Ab-Soul (from his camp) is a better rapper than he is. Plus Kendrick would get murdered by people like Elzhi, Crooked I, Royce da 5'9", Copywrite etc.

:salute:

Oh word? :youngsabo: Is it because in 90% of the times they didn't have 10000 dollar per hour studio musicians ready to replay samples?
I don't think you agree with yourself on this one.
I smell:troll:
2784267-0729cb54-6641-44f4-ba6e-60f6a89a2a17.gif

LogicFirst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Don't get me wrong. The guy is talented, but leave it up to some of you weak-minded fukks to exaggerate his skills and make hyperbolic statements about his albums/mixtapes.

He is not even a top 50 emcee, let alone the GOAT. Only reason he is considered such is because he emerged at a time when the rap game was at one of its lowest points, and a lot of you so-called die-hard hip hop fans were begging for some kind of "lyrical savior" to resurrect hip-hop. Funny I say that since if you were a REAL fan of hip hop, you'd already be aware of many underground powerhouse lyricists that Kendrick pales in comparison to.

But Interscope/Iovine places some mediocre emcee (at BEST) in the forefront and markets him as the best thing since sliced bread and you all lose your gotdamn minds, even comparing him to some of the greats which is downright blasphemous.

None of the rappers in the mainstream now would've even survived a climate like the 80's and 90's where there was plenty of competition. Every single one of these nikkas would've been EATEN ALIVE and you dipshyts have the nerve to compare the artists then to the ones NOW. fukk are you nikkas smoking blood?

Call me when labels put the hype machine behind more talented emcees. If K.Dot can still hang, then MAYBE we can talk. Until then, you fans' cries of "GOAT" and "the best" are nothing but cockamamie bullshyt.
this is the truth

milik_19

Pro
Daps
Kendrick is like the only classic rap artist out. What else do we have? Quan? Thug? Uhhh no thanks
also, why do you say his stans are WOAT when youre talking about his music... smh

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
They're not nearly as bad as Eminem fans or G-Unit fans. They have a long, long way to go before they even come close.

in high school this kid tried to convince me that G-Unit > Death Row at their peak :lolbron:

he was definition of struggle rapper. my friend found his rhyme book in the cafeteria and there was one line in the whole book

"i spit clips at n***** son" :wow:

and his freestyles were bed pan status

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
Adding to what OP said, I don't understand how anyone could even consider someone the best at something when they haven't had any formidable opponents. He had the option of battling any of the rappers that responded to that over-hyped "Control" verse, but he didn't. Instead he threw some subliminals in that weak ass BET Cypher.

Bottom line is buddy ain't built for that action, yet people seem to still hold him in high regard which puzzles me because all of the greats have had some type of battle where they've went back and forth directly on wax. Yet he hasn't.

You can't call someone the GOAT or even a potential GOAT if they don't even have the balls to battle shyt out. :rudy:

He wanted Drake. :sas1: Let me guess, you cool with Drake though.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
He's a C+ student doing his thing against the backdrop of a bunch of D/F level classmates.

Of course the C+ dude is going to shine when the A/B students are absent:yeshrug:

But I understand that the new generation is eager to create their own legends.I say let em eat....but don't go trying to belittle the Gods just to build your guy up.
I feel similar to this. Only I think Kendrick is a great talent, higher than a C+, but the game he stepped into didn't have that many threats to begin with.

I've been saying that if Kendrick had debuted a few years earlier like in 2005-2008 he wouldn't be overrated and stanned like he is now. He'd look a little less special.