Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
kendrick's stanbase is mostly made up of brainwashed internet kids & blog/forum fanatics who are all disenfranchised & looking to feel like theyre apart of the next big thing since theyre always late on the REAL organic movements.

its pretty sad actually.

the labels geesed all these dudes and str8 took advantage.

people are in here proving this post to be true.

"bu bu but hes the rapper 'we' always wanted."

lol. this is a dam shame.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Kendrick is like the only classic rap artist out. What else do we have? Quan? Thug? Uhhh no thanks
also, why do you say his stans are WOAT when youre talking about his music... smh
You need classic songs to be a classic artists. So far He has so called classic albums that are missing classic songs so they're not classic albums at all

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I don't get why people are so adamant about disliking Kendrick. He is the only one keeping "real" rap music in the mainstream, and selling albums. I like Drake but, I get tired of listening to girly shyt when that is the norm for a lot of rappers. I noticed when he started speaking on black issues, his hate grew big time. I guess people really don't like that shyt. I remember people stopped liking Nas for the same thing. Its like certain people love hearing low level shyt, and hate anything that makes you think. Its not about being Einstein or Dr.Ben, its about provoking thought while making your head nod from the strong emotions it invokes.

Kendrick is the type of rapper that made me love the music. He dresses how he wants, and now he is in your face with his new look, none of this have to be fly for the ladies bullshyt that a lot of rappers are on. They know more about clothes then women. Its cool if that really you like Kanye, but most men are just fronting. He raps about different topics that effect the average person, and not about going to k.o.d. to pay strippers car notes, and all the other fantasy bullshyt that is out there. I like that stuff once in awhile but, its ridiculous how many people are sounding the same.

Until another rapper comes along who isn't doing the same old thug shyt, or singing every damn second shyt for the ladies, Kendrick is the figurehead of rap music for the mainstream, to me. I thought Asap Rocky might be the figurehead but, his content his too shallow, and I think he tries too hard to be artistic. I was watching an interview he did for MTV recently, and he messed up trying to convey something, so he said they need to fix that in editing. The thing is he was serious. Why do you care about messing up a sentence? That makes me think, his whole image may be fake. I think he might be fixing his braids to look like that. If you gonna have the "I don't give a fukk" look, you should really not give a fukk, like rappers back in the day did. I see now even when nikkas try to look bummy, its fake, and planned. I like Kendrick because he is just who he is, take it or leave it. I don't like to see men beg for attention, that seems so weak, and feminine. As men, what we create, and how we act in public is what brings us attention, and give us our rep. Women are usually all about the looks to gain attention.
Because any nikka of a certain age and has really payed attention,knows his presence is NOT REAL.
If kendrick was an artist that was so dope and actually saying some groundbreaking shyt,then he would have full support.
The reality is that he is an decent rapper with an awful sound and his intentions of sounding deep or saying something profound sound forced and fake when you put them against the artists he claims to be inspired by.
And his "success" is the perfect example of a company pushing the button vs the fans truly loving what he does.
You can look at many past hiphop dons and their status was reflected in every possible way.
Kendrick,i just dont see it.
I've never heard anyone bumping his music during his current or GKMC run,at any place where music could be heard.
When you're really that dude,it will be undeniable. Judging by his alleged record sales,kendrick is a big crossover hiphop star.
Well let's compare:
Singles from 400 Degreez
  1. "Ha"
    Released: October 17, 1998
  2. "Back That Azz Up"
    Released: February 20, 1999
  3. "Follow Me Now"
    Released: 1999

Singles from Word of Mouf
  1. "Area Codes"
    Released: July 3, 2001
  2. "Rollout (My Business)"
    Released: October 16, 2001
  3. "Saturday (Oooh! Ooooh!)"
    Released: December 11, 2001
  4. "Move bytch"
    Released: May 21, 2002
Singles from Get Rich or Die Tryin'
  1. "In da Club"
    Released: January 7, 2003
  2. "21 Questions"
    Released: April 29, 2003
  3. "P.I.M.P."
    Released: August 12, 2003
  4. "If I Can't"
    Released: September 16, 2003

Singles from The College Dropout
  1. "Through the Wire"
    Released: September 30, 2003
  2. "Slow Jamz"
    Released: December 2, 2003
  3. "All Falls Down"
    Released: February 24, 2004
  4. "Jesus Walks"
    Released: May 25, 2004
  5. "The New Workout Plan"
    Released: August 31, 2004

Singles from ...And Then There Was X
  1. "What's My Name"
    Released: November 6, 1999
  2. "What These bytches Want"
    Released: February 20, 2000
  3. "Party Up (Up in Here)"
    Released: June 6, 2000
Singles from 2001
  1. "Still D.R.E."
    Released: October 13, 1999
  2. "Forgot About Dre"
    Released: January 29, 2000
  3. "The Next Episode"
    Released: July 3, 2000
  4. "The Watcher"
    Released: February 26, 2001[1]

Singles from Country Grammar
  1. "Country Grammar (Hot shyt)"
    Released: February 29, 2000
  2. "E.I."
    Released: October 28, 2000
  3. "Ride wit Me"
    Released: April 24, 2001
  4. "Batter Up"
    Released: September 11, 2001

Singles from All Eyez on Me
  1. "California Love"
    Released: December 28, 1995
  2. "2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted"
    Released: May 7, 1996
  3. "How Do U Want It"
    Released: June 4, 1996
  4. "All Bout U"
    Released: August 13, 1996
  5. "Life Goes On"
    Released: September 11, 1996
  6. "I Ain't Mad at Cha"
    Released: September 15, 1996

Singles from The Score
  1. "Fu-Gee-La"
    Released: January 9, 1996
  2. "Killing Me Softly"
    Released: May 31, 1996
  3. "Ready or Not"
    Released: September 2, 1996
  4. "No Woman, No Cry"
    Released: December 5, 1996
Singles from The Blueprint
  1. "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)"
    Released: August 21, 2001
  2. "Girls, Girls, Girls"
    Released: October 2, 2001
  3. "Jigga That nikka"
    Released: January 29, 2002
  4. "Song Cry"
    Released: May 8, 2002

Singles from Rule 3:36
  1. "Between Me and You"
    Released: June 16, 2000
  2. "Put It on Me"
    Released: December 12, 2000
  3. "6 Feet Underground"
    Released: 2000
  4. "I Cry"
    Released: April 3, 2001

Singles from The Marshall Mathers LP
  1. "The Real Slim Shady"
    Released: May 16, 2000
  2. "The Way I Am"
    Released: September 7, 2000
  3. "Stan"
    Released: December 9, 2000
  4. "I'm Back"

Singles from The Predator
  1. "Wicked"
    Released: October 21, 1992
  2. "It Was a Good Day"
    Released: February 23, 1993
  3. "Check Yo Self"
    Released: August 17, 1993

Singles from Ready to Die
  1. "Juicy"
    Released: August 8, 1994
  2. "Big Poppa"
    Released: February 20, 1995
  3. "Warning"
    Released: 1995
Singles from E. 1999 Eternal
  1. "1st of tha Month"
    Released: June 15, 1995
  2. "East 1999"
    Released: November 21, 1995
  3. "Tha Crossroads"
    Released: February 1, 1996

I could go on. But point is proved. When you're hot YOU'RE HOT.
Kendrick is not.So his supporters have to make excuses for him like "you have to listen to the album as a whole " bla bla. And i'm not even saying every album i named is a classic. But kendrick's albums cant stand next to none of these series of singles cause he really aint hot like that. It's forcefed buzz

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because any nikka of a certain age and has really payed attention,knows his presence is NOT REAL.
If kendrick was an artist that was so dope and actually saying some groundbreaking shyt,then he would have full support.
The reality is that he is an decent rapper with an awful sound and his intentions of sounding deep or saying something profound sound forced and fake when you put them against the artists he claims to be inspired by.
And his "success" is the perfect example of a company pushing the button vs the fans truly loving what he does.
You can look at many past hiphop dons and their status was reflected in every possible way.
Kendrick,i just dont see it.
I've never heard anyone bumping his music during his current or GKMC run,at any place where music could be heard.
When you're really that dude,it will be undeniable. Judging by his alleged record sales,kendrick is a big crossover hiphop star.
Well let's compare:
Singles from 400 Degreez
  1. "Ha"
    Released: October 17, 1998
  2. "Back That Azz Up"
    Released: February 20, 1999
  3. "Follow Me Now"
    Released: 1999
Singles from Word of Mouf
  1. "Area Codes"
    Released: July 3, 2001
  2. "Rollout (My Business)"
    Released: October 16, 2001
  3. "Saturday (Oooh! Ooooh!)"
    Released: December 11, 2001
  4. "Move bytch"
    Released: May 21, 2002
Singles from Get Rich or Die Tryin'
  1. "In da Club"
    Released: January 7, 2003
  2. "21 Questions"
    Released: April 29, 2003
  3. "P.I.M.P."
    Released: August 12, 2003
  4. "If I Can't"
    Released: September 16, 2003

Singles from The College Dropout
  1. "Through the Wire"
    Released: September 30, 2003
  2. "Slow Jamz"
    Released: December 2, 2003
  3. "All Falls Down"
    Released: February 24, 2004
  4. "Jesus Walks"
    Released: May 25, 2004
  5. "The New Workout Plan"
    Released: August 31, 2004

Singles from ...And Then There Was X
  1. "What's My Name"
    Released: November 6, 1999
  2. "What These bytches Want"
    Released: February 20, 2000
  3. "Party Up (Up in Here)"
    Released: June 6, 2000
Singles from 2001
  1. "Still D.R.E."
    Released: October 13, 1999
  2. "Forgot About Dre"
    Released: January 29, 2000
  3. "The Next Episode"
    Released: July 3, 2000
  4. "The Watcher"
    Released: February 26, 2001[1]

Singles from Country Grammar
  1. "Country Grammar (Hot shyt)"
    Released: February 29, 2000
  2. "E.I."
    Released: October 28, 2000
  3. "Ride wit Me"
    Released: April 24, 2001
  4. "Batter Up"
    Released: September 11, 2001

Singles from All Eyez on Me
  1. "California Love"
    Released: December 28, 1995
  2. "2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted"
    Released: May 7, 1996
  3. "How Do U Want It"
    Released: June 4, 1996
  4. "All Bout U"
    Released: August 13, 1996
  5. "Life Goes On"
    Released: September 11, 1996
  6. "I Ain't Mad at Cha"
    Released: September 15, 1996

Singles from The Score
  1. "Fu-Gee-La"
    Released: January 9, 1996
  2. "Killing Me Softly"
    Released: May 31, 1996
  3. "Ready or Not"
    Released: September 2, 1996
  4. "No Woman, No Cry"
    Released: December 5, 1996
Singles from The Blueprint
  1. "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)"
    Released: August 21, 2001
  2. "Girls, Girls, Girls"
    Released: October 2, 2001
  3. "Jigga That nikka"
    Released: January 29, 2002
  4. "Song Cry"
    Released: May 8, 2002

Singles from Rule 3:36
  1. "Between Me and You"
    Released: June 16, 2000
  2. "Put It on Me"
    Released: December 12, 2000
  3. "6 Feet Underground"
    Released: 2000
  4. "I Cry"

Singles from The Marshall Mathers LP
  1. "The Real Slim Shady"
    Released: May 16, 2000
  2. "The Way I Am"
    Released: September 7, 2000
  3. "Stan"
    Released: December 9, 2000
  4. "I'm Back"

Singles from The Predator
  1. "Wicked"
    Released: October 21, 1992
  2. "It Was a Good Day"
    Released: February 23, 1993
  3. "Check Yo Self"
    Released: August 17, 1993

Singles from Ready to Die
  1. "Juicy"
    Released: August 8, 1994
  2. "Big Poppa"
    Released: February 20, 1995
  3. "Warning"
    Released: 1995
Singles from E. 1999 Eternal
  1. "1st of tha Month"
    Released: June 15, 1995
  2. "East 1999"
    Released: November 21, 1995
  3. "Tha Crossroads"
    Released: February 1, 1996

I could go on. But point is proved. When you're hot YOU'RE HOT.
Kendrick is not.So his supporters have to make excuses for him like "you have to listen to the album as a whole " bla bla. And i'm not even saying every album i named is a classic. But kendrick's albums cant stand next to none of these series of singles cause he really aint hot like that. It's forcefed buzz

The only thing I agree with is Kendrick's presence. I don't think he has one in comparison to the artists and albums you named. To Pimp A Butterfly is an album that I think is great and worthy of a lot of praise that it gets. The thing is this album and maybe GKMC have those records that are dominant and just shut everything else down. Kendrick as an artist isn't seemingly inescapable as those artists. I don't think it's a knock though.

I think Kendrick is a great rapper. I don't think he's an all-time great as that has yet to be seen, but he's great.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
The only thing I agree with is Kendrick's presence. I don't think he has one in comparison to the artists and albums you named. To Pimp A Butterfly is an album that I think is great and worthy of a lot of praise that it gets. The thing is this album and maybe GKMC have those records that are dominant and just shut everything else down. Kendrick as an artist isn't seemingly inescapable as those artists. I don't think it's a knock though.

I think Kendrick is a great rapper. I don't think he's an all-time great as that has yet to be seen, but he's great.
What records are dominant and undeniable?
Arrested development was a positive afrocentic act,that was hotter than kendrick ever was
"Tennessee"
"People Everyday"
"Mr. Wendal"

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What records are dominant and undeniable?
Arrested development was a positive afrocentic act,that was hotter than kendrick ever was
"Tennessee"
"People Everyday"
"Mr. Wendal"

It's still too early to tell. That's why I used maybe. Those records you've listed have already passed the time test. Kendrick's albums are still relatively new. We don't know if those songs will hold up. "Swimming Pools", "Poetic Justice", and "Kill My Vibe" were huge. I wouldn't say dominant, but those are the closest that he's came.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know. K. Dot fans started rubbing me the wrong way too when they started questioning the morals of everyone who didn't like "i." I was like :what:

Honestly I've come to feel similarly about other groups of "Stans" in The Booth.
I don't know what happened with the questioning your morality but it's a similar
stance the Lupe and Nas stans take.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
It's still too early to tell. That's why I used maybe. Those records you've listed have already passed the time test. Kendrick's albums are still relatively new. We don't know if those songs will hold up. "Swimming Pools", "Poetic Justice", and "Kill My Vibe" were huge. I wouldn't say dominant, but those are the closest that he's came.
Naw i definitely had enough time cause they werent shyt when they WERE ACTUALLY OUT. all the shyt i named was popping when they were out. Those songs might of been huge on payed off radio but most not that big in the general public.

Now i'm only using drake cause people act like he's competing with drake,really?

milik_19

Pro
Daps
Naw i definitely had enough time cause they werent shyt when they WERE ACTUALLY OUT. all the shyt i named was popping when they were out. Those songs might of been huge on payed off radio but most not that big in the general public.

Now i'm only using drake cause people act like he's competing with drake,really?

You can't compare Drake and Kendrick at all. They are 2 completely different artists. Drake makes music for the radio, is way more commercial. He is more a R&B/pop artist while Kendrick is a real hiphop album artist. Drake doesn't rap about all the social issues, just everyday stuff, what makes him more appealing to the mainstream, Kendrick is more about bringing a message.

That they are from the same generation, doesn't mean they are comparable. Their music, subject matter, and target audience are completely different.