neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm targeting the fans because of their weak perception. Why should I attack the artist when he himself has stated that his latest album isn't classic status?

because if you're not focusing on the music then you're focusing on the wrong thing and everything else is bait to get people into an argument

you echo a few tired points that we've all heard before

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
The Good Kid got the whole forum in their feelings. Future GOAT, stay mad.
giphy.gif

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Actually if Good Kid Maad City or To Pimp a Butterfly came out in the early 90s and sounded exactly as they do now, they'd be regarded just as highly as Illmatic is. That isn't hyperbolic, that is the truth. The level of musicality/production alone on those albums kills 99% of 90s albums. If you disagree with this, you either too nostalgic or just lying to yourself.

And that's what's funny to me. A lot of these so called "GOAT" rappers from the 90s are just rehashing the same shyt they been doing for over 20 years. It exposes how one-dimensional they really are, and tells me that while they may have been great emcees, it turns out they really aren't that great at MUSIC. But you know, gotta put them on the GOAT list cus they came out in the 90s right. Lol.

Don't like GMKC or TPAB? No problem, enjoy the shyt you enjoy. But don't come up in here bytching cus other people think Kendrick makes great music. Buh buh my top 50 emcees list filled with nikkas who haven't made a great album in over 15 years ;(

Hmm.... where have I heard this before? Oh that's right....

He's a better artist than all those people except arguably Nas. He raps better, tells better stories, makes better music and knows how to put together a great album. He's already delivered 3 albums that range from very goodt to classic. That alone puts him in the top 100 rappers of all time because let's face it, most rappers tend to fall off after 1-2 albums.

And Kendrick's really just getting started. He's got at least another 2 great albums in him.

I'm pretty sure you think he's better than Nas. Keep it real. The fact that you put "arguably" suggests this, but you don't want to outright say it so people automatically dismiss you as idiotic.

Kendrick stans don't live in reality. How can you be a better artist than anyone when nothing about you stands out? There's nothing Kendrick does at a high level. He's just thoroughly mediocre at everything.

The only thing Kendrick's team and his fans are great at are making ridiculous, grandiose comments. Inversely proportional to his size.

Bruh, like I said last time, just come out and say it. You think Kendrick is better than Nas and already the GOAT rapper. Some of Nas's most acclaimed albums (excluding Illmatic) aren't even better than 99% of 90s albums. But somehow Kendrick has made 2 albums in a row that get into that 1%, right?

Honestly, your comments are why we can't take Kendrick fans seriously and we say y'all are the worst fans right now. You come on here saying wild ass shyt, disrespect legends that have proven their worth time and time again over decades, and then mock anyone that disagrees with you as either nostalgic or lying to themselves. When the fact of the matter is that you don't even know shyt about the 90s and have a cursory knowledge of hip hop in general.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
You're picking and choosing quotes. If you're gonna quote me, at least quote where I respond to the Nas thing.

I am keeping it real. Nas has done too much for me to put Kendrick ahead of him. Even if he's been hit and miss, he did put out Illmatic, It Was Written, God's Son, Stillmatic and Life is Good. And I'm personally a pretty big fan of Hip Hop is Dead too. Dude has stayed relevant in the game for 20 years now, hell of a career. Kendrick needs another 2-3 albums to even be in contention with Nas.

Kendrick wouldn't be in my top 20 if I was ranking the best of all time. Like shyt, read the quote YOU posted. I said he'd be top 100, and that's as far as I go.

And if we talking current artists, he's not even my favorite. He's in the top 10 CURRENT by default because rap is so wack these days.

Last edited: