šŸ—‘ļø 3 Years + 11 Studios + 3000 Devs = COD: Modern Warfare II - Warzone 2.0 - DMZ (XBOX, ps, pc) (11/16/22)

Daps
Reppin
Chi
So, I only play this game here n there (had to "retire" b/c it's too easy for me to erase 6+ hours binge-playing). The orginal MW2 was one of the CODs that I was truly an "elite" player at, so I know that game really well.

Some questions re: this MW2 "reboot" :

1) Outside of the name, what exactly about this game makes it "MW2?" I really don't see any similarity at all, the guns are different/renamed, new maps, etc.

2) Where are the "classic" MW2 maps? Will they be released at some point in the future? If so, any timeline annouced? Will all the MW2 OG maps be included? (I'm assuming they'll milk these maps with releases of packs at a time with a cost)

3) I filter my playlist to play Hardpoint exclusively (my favorite game mode). It seems as if I only get to play 6-8 (or less) different maps when I play in this game mode. Q: When a player filters there playlist in this way, does it reduce the amount of available maps to play in? Are there only a set amount of maps to play in each play mode?

I appreciate any help, my bad if this ish is common knowledge, like I said, I don't allow myself to play this game like I used to

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
1) Outside of the name, what exactly about this game makes it "MW2?" I really don't see any similarity at all, the guns are different/renamed, new maps, etc.

I see this question asked a lot and honestly idk what people are so confused about.

This game is a sequel to the reboot of the MW IP back in 2019. That's why its called MW2.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I see this question asked a lot and honestly idk what people are so confused about.

This game is a sequel to the reboot of the MW IP back in 2019. That's why its called MW2.

My confusion stems from the fact that Idk what the "MW IP back in 2019" even is. Like I said, I was deep into COD back in the COD4, WaW, MW2 days, but since fell off the map and only play on minor occasions.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Iā€™m curious to know how the hardcore and/or longtime COD players here feel about this game:jbhmm:

Iā€˜ve always been more or less indifferent to COD games (Iā€˜ve always preferred shield shooters like Destiny & Halo) and the only one I really played was the OG modern warfare on the 360, which I actually had a lot of fun with. Iā€™m pretty deep into the pre-battlepass leveling and have spent a good amount of time playing this since launch and overall I think itā€™s pretty good:ehh: But after watching reviews and commentary, I can see how players would be mad at missing features like the Barracks or Hardcore mode. Iā€™m sure theyā€™re gonna bring all that shyt back with the upcoming season though.

A lot of people complained that they removed so many movement mechanics but if you wanna slide around for extra momentum and do all that goofy shyt while running through the map like the Terminator, go play a sci-fi shooter where that kind of mobility actually makes sense:mjlol: You donā€™t necessarily have to play ā€œcampyā€ but you do have to be strategic about how youā€™re moving around the map and every decision holds weight since the TTK is so fast. It plays how you would expect a ā€œModern Warfareā€ game to feel IMO

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
Iā€™m curious to know how the hardcore and/or longtime COD players here feel about this game:jbhmm:

Iā€˜ve always been more or less indifferent to COD games (Iā€˜ve always preferred shield shooters like Destiny & Halo) and the only one I really played was the OG modern warfare on the 360, which I actually had a lot of fun with. Iā€™m pretty deep into the pre-battlepass leveling and have spent a good amount of time playing this since launch and overall I think itā€™s pretty good:ehh: But after watching reviews and commentary, I can see how players would be mad at missing features like the Barracks or Hardcore mode. Iā€™m sure theyā€™re gonna bring all that shyt back with the upcoming season though.

A lot of people complained that they removed so many movement mechanics but if you wanna slide around for extra momentum and do all that goofy shyt while running through the map like the Terminator, go play a sci-fi shooter where that kind of mobility actually makes sense:mjlol: You donā€™t necessarily have to play ā€œcampyā€ but you do have to be strategic about how youā€™re moving around the map and every decision holds weight since the TTK is so fast. It plays how you would expect a ā€œModern Warfareā€ game to feel IMO
The game is bad.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
So, I only play this game here n there (had to "retire" b/c it's too easy for me to erase 6+ hours binge-playing). The orginal MW2 was one of the CODs that I was truly an "elite" player at, so I know that game really well.

Some questions re: this MW2 "reboot" :

2) Where are the "classic" MW2 maps? Will they be released at some point in the future? If so, any timeline annouced? Will all the MW2 OG maps be included? (I'm assuming they'll milk these maps with releases of packs at a time with a cost)

3) I filter my playlist to play Hardpoint exclusively (my favorite game mode). It seems as if I only get to play 6-8 (or less) different maps when I play in this game mode. Q: When a player filters there playlist in this way, does it reduce the amount of available maps to play in? Are there only a set amount of maps to play in each play mode?

I appreciate any help, my bad if this ish is common knowledge, like I said, I don't allow myself to play this game like I used to
1. Sequel to MW (2019) which is a modern retelling of the original series from the aughts
2. there aren't this is a new game, might be added later though
3. Yeah, depending on the allowed player count that could effect it, I don't think the mode itself will limit the maps.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Anyone know of that website, if it's still up from MW(2019) era that assisted with the gunsmith and different configs for the guns?