3/8/24 DAZN PPV - Well Damn Official Anthony Joshua vs Francis Ngannou Thread

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He should be proud man. Seriously. No joke he's done incredibly well from where he was and where he is today. An incredible story, they'll definitely make a movie.

Love Ngannou.
Yeah, but that knockdown will come back to haunt you, especially at his age. I hope he has made enough money to gracefully step away and live the rest of his life well.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
francis-ngannou.png
Un33titled-3.png
Repped
Best I can do, 3Rivers is the GOAT though

IMG-8975.png
Repped
The best version of Fury deals with AJ 10 times out of 10.

I just don't know if that version of Fury exists anymore.
We will see in the Usyk fight.
I disagree. The best version of Fury would frustrate AJ at best. The best version of Fury beat Klitschko.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Skill gap is too insane. Probably slightly simpler to make the transition the opposite way. Even if you get boxed out of your skin, if you got power there's a chance.

The grappling is the biggest issue. Unless you have Ohko power the moment someone who can wrestle well grabs you its a bad bad time trying to do anything about it

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, but that knockdown will come back to haunt you, especially at his age. I hope he has made enough money to gracefully step away and live the rest of his life well.
Luckily he hasn't been KO'd like that in his MMA career so he should be good even though his first one came at 37 vs someone with crazy power in AJ.

He's got his money, he can go back and demolish some MMA nikkas for a few fights and retire.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
And why would they do that when they're making 50 mil in boxing :mjlol:.....there's a reason MMA fighters keep calling out boxers. They want the payday.

It hurts MMA fighters deep in their soul knowing there's men out there what can put them to sleep with the hands. Even MMA guys say their favorite type of knockouts are with the hands. More than kick knockouts. More than submissions. There's nothing like putting a man's lights out with your fists. That's why MMA fighters are so insecure when it comes to boxing. Because it's the martial art they all admire the most and they're all amateurs at it.

Their hand to hand combat is laughable. And we seen that tonight. Ngannou is the best MMA had to offer and AJ made him look like an absolute bum.
I don't doubt AJ would spark anyone out if the opening.Thing is though hey gotta split their time between boxing and other aspects of their game. Even the stance is different that low parry stance ngannou has is better adjusted for grappling but for boxing alone wihere there is no grappling threat he wide open. I do think though they could benefit from improving their boxing especially since heavyweights there with them small ass gloves take each other out all the time.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Ruiz fight had me thinking AJ wasn’t as good as he is.

He musta just been off that night,
He got overconfident, tired himself out and got hit with a shot behind the ear that he couldn't overcome.
If he didn't try to force a KO and paced himself he would've easily beaten Ruiz in their first fight