2Chainz says that being a successful rapper is dangerous

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Rappers like Tyler the Creator or Childish Gambino never have these problems.

It's all about the music you put out and the image you give off. You act like a street nikka then real street nikkas gonna test you.

I just wished we valued each other more, but mainstream hip-hop provides nothing of the sort. These rappers need to change the narrative instead of parroting the same shyt.

Last edited:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
The real fukking question, what about music makes it so much personal than watching a movie or tv :mindblown:

Perhaps it's the fact that many artists from a specific genre go to extreme lengths to remind the audience that it's real and not just entertainment, many of the rappers even claim they're "not one of these rappers".

:francis:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Rappers like Tyler the Creator or Childish Gambino never have these problems.

It's all about the music you put out and the image you give off. You act like a street nikka then real street nikkas gonna test you.

I just wished we valued each other, but mainstream hip-hop provides nothing of the sort.

At some point we're going to have to reach the conclusion that mainstream hip hop is NOT entertainment. The rappers literally tell us this.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The rappers I listen to are GODS and GOONS. They teach you how to move in life. Roc Marciano, Tha God Fahim. MADLIB. Mach Hommy. Freddie Gibbs. Willie the Kid

They out here sipping wine and enjoying the sunset. They don't have these problems.:manny:
Just a couple years ago Freddie Gibbs wasn’t sipping wine that nikka was in some shyt too in France but luckily he got out that situation

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Honestly it's just immaturity is celebrated in Hiphop and the ones who can't break the cycle of immaturity are the ones doomed to death. I hate to say it but the ones stunting and still in the streets when they shouldn't are the ones in danger. Then add in the Internet and social media and its rappers getting back the energy they put out,. I mean if this happened in the 90s whole lotta groups we worship now would've got clapped up

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
What you're describing is a solution to solve for on the job hazards. Rappers aren't out here (in most cases) getting murdered while on the job.

I’ve heard countless stories of rappers being run up on while in the studio or after a show. Getting their tour bus pulled over or shot at. I’m certain these rappers would tell you they were just doing their job

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
Violence has existed before hip-hop and it will after hip-hop. Where's the conversation about the systemic elements? They're not listening to drill in Rio De Janiero, Tijuana or Caracas and those places are more violent than any U.S. hood.

I will say, in it's current incarnation... rap music is no longer "black" culture. It's a commodity for all and a sub-culture - I don't support rap music or rappers anymore than I would actors or an action movie. Most rappers are just well-paid prostitutes for the [non-black] labels... no meaningful black message, just degeneracy. If it DOES go by the wayside, I do feel it's ran its course.

It's the streets, cats get jealous too easily - you already shytting on em with your success, the shining and flossing just takes it over the top.

Bob marley would leave his BMW unlocked, doors open in the hood and nobody would touch it

he told the interviewer that if they take it so what, whatever was his was theirs too :wow:

true, bob was a champion of impoverished people, though... he helped A LOT of people in trenchtown. his ideals in his music also are like the complete antithesis of the modern rapper :dead:

these cornball rappers will promote fukkery then disparage black people... that's why no one respects them really outside of being entertaining caricatures... and they stay getting robbed and shot at :dead:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
true, bob was a champion of impoverished people, though... he helped A LOT of people in trenchtown. his ideals in his music also are like the complete antithesis of the modern rapper :dead:

these cornball rappers will promote fukkery then disparage black people... that's why no one respects them really outside of being entertaining caricatures... and they stay getting robbed and shot at :dead:

Huge facts, dap+rep

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
2chainz isn't a negative dude.

But his name is 2Chainz, so that automatically equates money and if nikkas see you in public they gonna know you got something

Plus he's like 6'7, so to cops he's a threat which = arrest. To regular nikkas he stands out too much so he can't blend in